User Tag List

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1621Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did anyone manage to visit a local Value Village store or other now-opened retail store? Like Winners? Just curious. Might be a few days until I feel safe to venture out to local stores (need snow to recede somewhat).
    JadeAngel and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I managed to get the hand dishes done and swept the kitchen floor yesterday but that was all I got done, I got another horrible headache, thinking it was a stress headache.

Some days the true picture of anxiety:
    I am so far behind the anxiety is real, it feels like for every one tasks I get done 5 more are sent to me. I took last week off from training to get caught up but for every task I got done 10 came my way like the world knew I was not doing training. I am now on week 2 of no training because honestly I am just trying to keep it all together right now.

The flip side my anxiety is a constant reminder we are in a training blitz, I am the only trainer who has to get through all of this on my own is constantly reminding me we are week 2 of no training.

Kind of feeling like I am in a lose - lose situation and my anxiety is not letting me forget it. But I am trying to be positive keep my head down and just get as much done as I can.

Today I need to go and do the shovelling and dig the cars out, I did not get it done yesterday.

We had Beef Stew yesterday so tonight we need to have the Pork Chops I took out on Sunday. Not sure of my plan with those yet but I will find a plan. Still need to deal with those sprouting potatoes, just going to turn them all into Mashed Potatoes, there are so many things I can make with leftover mashed potatoes they will not go to waste.

Alright back to work, one more thing to get off my to-do-list for work then it is break time and the snow is calling me, the exciting life of Covid living LOL.

Have a great day everyone
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another winter morning. Nothing special. Received a code for a free fries at A&W when ordered through the app. We just had a new A&W open near us so that will be a deal to take advantage of.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -i was up and out the door to winners at 10.00 to return one item and then buy a bunch of deals (they only allow 125 people in store)
    i got
    for hubby black leather sketchers slip on reduced 39.00
    sports bra for me 12.99(oh and fitting rooms are not open at this time)
    undies warners reduced 3.00
    hand creme 1.80
    4 spray hand sanitizers 3.00 reg 9.00
    living grace perfume for me 16.00 reduced (same perfume size at sepohora was $27.00)
    3 pairs of kenneth cole ladies socks 5.00 size 9-11 and they fit
    3 apirs of xmas socke .90 and one pair fit me -so i know have 4 pairs of socks -yeah
    then a candle for me reduced 13.00 super big one

a few gifts for grankids for easter
    3.00 jurassic park toys reduced
    8.00 ravensburger puzzle reduced for kids
    2 rolls of xmas wrapping paper adult designs 1.20 each
    8 dishcloths 5.00 reduced

So happy with what i got ,nice to be out ,people kept their distance so all good .I spent over 100.00.But returned one toy to mastermind got $36.00 back on my debit .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Feb 17th, 2021 at 12:33 PM.
    Purdee, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day! Went into the office this morning after driving DS to school for a few hours.
    Plowed through lots of stuff. Then had a pedicure.
    DS and I shoveled the driveway when he got home from school.
    I have a $14 porch pick up this afternoon (she already sent an etransfer ) I paid $9 plus tax for the item It was a Fisher Price toy for my niece's expected baby due this summer but decided I couldn't really give till Christmas 2022 and I don't need to buy that far in advance. I have nothing else posted for sale but thinking I should start posting again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just went for an hour and 15 min walk. Did my walk to the superstore with a stop at Canadian Tire on the way.
    Found 1L coconut water for $1.24 and body wash lofahs for .24 cents each.

We are making stir fry for dinner to eat while watching the Leafs game

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks @SassyAshley and @coupon girl . It took me 34 years to quit, it's so easy to start trying to be cool with friends. Ironically, it was embarrassment in front of friends that helped me quit. I couldn't sing songs at our ukelele group without coughing all the time. My coughing stopped within a few days of quitting and my voice has improved. I guess I'm thankful I took up the ukelele
    Purdee, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Wise to bring a snow shovel on my trip to get my order. Certain major curbs in the city are not cleared for pedestrians so I had to place shovel somewhere in a windrow to get a good handhold to haul self up and over them. Torso was managing the first few encounters but I was tired by the time I got my order and was waiting for a bus. Decided to walk a few blocks to a stop (dicey sidewalk clearings), then a detour to get to bus stop. Hadn't realized it was about 2:50pm. Fortunately got a bus going into Ancaster before my e-transfer expired. Hiked home after exiting bus on high windrow over a gap from curb-thank you snow shovel.

Any muscle groups involved in yesterday's snowshovelling were singing in chorus today especially on the uphill portion of the village core walk. Bright spot-saw a quarter in the Tim Horton's drive-thru exit lane as I was passing. Added coin to my other coins for deposit to cover this month's bank fee. No long wait at bank and managed to get home with only slight issues (mushy snow).

Had two Aero S'mores hot chocolate drinks and added 1/2 tsp cinnamon and touch of allspice to give my nose the impression I was at Starbucks with a spiced tea type drink but with chocolate. Soothing trick! But I am not long online as my back wants rest and I have some new books from today's library trip to enjoy. (Oh, it was joyous to be in the computer lab again. Expect to go back at least once more this week!)

Tip for collecting order from Giant Tiger in Ontario stores-don't bother ringing the bell (no one comes) at the Fitting Room Desk that is not staffed. Find a nearby employee who is stocking an area and ask for assistance. Store is still screening customers at the door and the posted capacity is on the exterior sign. I wish I could have taken a cart to explore clothing and groceries but I had to make the trip on the two-hour transfer. Maybe another warmer day!

When I was in Shoppers to get my bus fare onto my card, the capacity sign was still there but staff were not asking screening questions. I started to state my answers to a nearby staffer who told me that it was not necessary.

Admail today-New Wendy's coupon sheet with mention of new Korean BBQ burger and the Moneysaver flyers in plastic bag.
    lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Added coin to my other coins for deposit to cover this month's bank fee.
    With so many banks offering seniors no monthly charges for bank services, have you tried to find one?
    JadeAngel and Ciel like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

For some it may be too late but if you are still up save your PCO. They are driving nuts. DH has 18 offers and I have 8. Grr, it makes no sense. He has another SDM offer this week and I have not had a single one of those weekend offers.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    For some it may be too late but if you are still up save your PCO. They are driving nuts. DH has 18 offers and I have 8. Grr, it makes no sense. He has another SDM offer this week and I have not had a single one of those weekend offers.
    I have had about 8 offers per week since Christmas. I get SDM offers, but their closest location is over 2hrs away.

I don’t know what’s different, but I have a LOT of offers starting tomorrow. 18 new grocery offers, plus the 4 offers that I carried over. 2 SDM offers, 1 special offer, and a continuing fuel offer that I won’t be using.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Feb 18th, 2021 at 12:27 AM.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @lilo0003 I am not getting any good offers for months now for the things I buy like veggies and other basic things . But My DH is having more offers than I do
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I got 18 offers from p.c usually every week ,sometimes an offer is the same offer every week but if i use it dont mind .

My sleep was so off last night woke up at 1.30,then didnt go back til 4.00 a.m til 6.30 .I feel so lathargic,gonna make my homemade chicken soup today .

Yes our new couch is coming next week ,we just paid it off in full.Since it took almost 5 months (as store closed and it was a special order also which takes 8-10 weeks )i asked if i could get a reduction on the delivery .The store said yes so saved half off the delivery .

Son will come and help hubby lift the old one out to garage on sunday ,so i will be without a couch for 3 days ,which is fine .Nice to have a son live only 15 minutes from us,he is a good son his birthday is next week .I will give him money and a few pairs of socks.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!

Clear day here today! Hopefully no snow .

I just paid the internet and cell phone bills using CT MC to build the CT $ on the card a bit for Spring shopping

Took out a package of sausauge out of the freezer. Will make sausage/eggs/toast and hashbrowns for DS for dinner I probably just have eggs and toast Keep it simple. It will most likely just be the of us home for dinner tonight so not bothering with a big meal
    I will grab a fresh loaf of bread today so he can make a roast beef sandwich if hungry.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    With so many banks offering seniors no monthly charges for bank services, have you tried to find one?
    Not a senior. Just Baby Yoda+2 (52) at this time. Depending how my cancer journey goes, I may or may not see the end of this year. So for now, I am happy to keep the one of two branches alive with service fees as I can still get coin/bills at the branch. The other location went digital and that impacted their retail customers who still need coin orders.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information