User Tag List

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

YYYYAAAYYYY @cath007 ! That is awesome news and you have an awesome aunt too!

Reading your cleaning posts reminds me that I still have papers to recycle and to organize in my room as this was the last day I had planned to get my room organized before the clock change forward. Think I'll shred some online order invoices as everything has come in for March.
    Mending is on the list today as well (two homemade masks need a loop each replaced; one of the loops was freshly replaced less than two weeks ago-microfibre!!!). Laundry is done and my bedding is clean and ready for next nap or sleep.

I have to see if local Shoppers has a decent nail clipper I can live with as the small one I bought 2-3 yrs ago keeps falling apart and there are issues with the cutting edges. But the file on the clipper is perfect so I am loath to let it go just yet. Have a few containers to take to Beer Store for refund and across the road from the store is the nearest Circle K-must see if the new Mountain Dew flavour is in stock. Research/taste test, something to do to make the day memorable. Not sure how energetic I'll be to make a second trip out to another plaza for Supreme Stuffed Peppers at MM Food Market. Have been wanting them and this is the weekend to try them!

Two snow/rain showers are in next week's forecast. Once they pass, it might be time to get some lettuce seeds or radish/carrot seeds started in the garden. Actually need to see if the radish/carrot seeds I planted last fall might have roots to pull out soon or just wilted ones for the yard bag.

OK, Ms. Sunshine is outside with the chilly air. At least Mr. Wind is behaving (minimal wind) during this winter day. I'll be heading out as well--take advantage of this Standard Time Day!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was up early this morning 5.00 a.m then off to my sister-in-law's we socially distanced and i gave her 2 bags of clothing ,towels and a soft indigo throw , plus a small pkg of new tea towels ,dish cloths along with money for hubby's younger sister on a disability.We never gave her a xmas gift ,so i thought i would do this for her .I got rid of a lot of tops about 8 and some socks that were too tight for my big feet.

Now off to do some laundry of fresh sheets for the day .
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad called my about 40 minutes ago and talked to me like 2 minutes because he was transfered.
    He announce me that he had 5 BYPASS...wow...I am not believe it...he is truly a hero.
    After I said it to my 2 aunts.He will recall me later.Glad I did not go out to get some grocery!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Mar 13th, 2021 at 01:52 PM.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-so happy for you, that you got to chat with your dad .A true hero he is for sure !
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Didn't get all of the things done but I did get some of the things done so I am happy.

The bathroom has been cleaned except the floor, I think tomorrow will be floor day and I am just going to tackle all the floors (normally I do the main floor one day and top floor another day, as I mop the main floor and use a swiffer wet on the top floor).

Then I finished my bathroom closet clean out, not a lot to get rid of but better organized, I like it but I do not love it. But I am going to be realistic I think unless we renovate the closest and give it a different design I will probably never love it. But it is clean, it is organized, it is functional and there is even some extra space.

Dinner tonight is Butter Chicken over Rice, we have always used a bottled Butter Chicken Sauce as we found one that does not have coconut in it (Mom has a coconut allergy and trying to find a Butter Chicken Sauce without Coconut Milk is hard). This is our second last bottle so I am thinking I will start trying to find a recipe to make ourselves vs buying the sauce already made. Just need to find one without coconut milk.

I think tonight I am going to prioritize my to-do-list a little bit. I have a lot of partially done projects, one I want to get them done and out of my way and then look at other projects I want to tackle. This Spring like weather (today excluded, although the Sun is helping) has me in super purge, let's spring clean mode.

As well I need to come up with a Meal Plan for this week, I did not make most of the dishes on last week's Meal Plan because we took it easy and did simple meals so I think I can move some meals forward.

Have a great evening everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Mar 13th, 2021 at 05:00 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

productive day-since my vaccine DH and I and the 80 something couple next door tackled the big snow piles out in the road and made a pretty good dent-tomorrow is supposed to be 16 so hopefully a lot more melts. Then we went for our first bike ride of the season-when I got back I was out of breath so clearly I needed it. DH put the laundry away that I had started and he has just gone to the bottle depot. I managed to book DH a pharmacy Covid shot for April 4 for the Pfizer-and if we should be fortunate enough to get something earlier at the end of the week when his turn comes up to book with the health authority we will cancel this one so that somebody else can take advantage of it.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening everyone!!!
    I must admit I cried this late afternoon with this 5 by pass news but it was a good cry.And my cat did not like it..lol
    I am still in shock I think.Dinner is coquille st-jacques ,I spoil myself lol
    I found while doing cleaning a aveeno skin cream that is better that the jergens I was use it for my arm and hand irritations(due to purell and some stress)
    Dad will probably be here 1 more day earlier than expected so I need to focus on cleaning and do the maximun I can.
    Share the news with my dear beloved mom brother...and he will said it to my mother familly
    I cannot believe my mother passed away and he is not ...so truly ...it is hard but I am happy
    I am feared a little bit to re see how my dad will be change it by that experiance and me too...
    His sister will drive him home and enter in the appart so it has to be very clean....
    My marraine (aunt) will take care of the bags of clothes and shoes I have to donate to thrift store..so 1 less worrie to my list
    Eve the cat will be very happy of reseing her daddy!!! and me too !!!
    it was a matter of minutes to go to emergency or it will had died ...wow...
    Have a good evening and night !!!!
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy weekend all!!

i feel pretty good about the week. money is a bit weird.. need to work on that a bit.
    did my moms groceries today. and mine, also went into walmart for running shoes. , picked up bulbs for myself, and some felt and sewing needles. , also picked up big dogs special dog med treats at global pet. house is comfortably stocked on groceries. so i am happy.

i have a daycare dad making something for me. saving me a tonne of money ( about 200.00!!!) he is giving it to e unfinished so i can finish them the way i want. i am insanly pleased about this. and he was very .. oh, that is so easy to do . very amazing having help like that. And its for the daycare. so his daughter will use it. i tend not to ask for help often. but in ths case i am very glad i did .

plan for the night is to work on a course i am taking. , and crochet. i may do cat litters as well. just to get them done and off tomorrows todo list.

have fun all
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

He have now a scarf(it was a open heart operation ) and will take a break of his job(was still working 1 day the saturday night) and will be on illness insurance he have to call his boss
    But since 1 month he could really had died from that ....I will never critic him again on anything

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby's sister age 57 just called me crying and thanking me for the 2 bags of clothing ,new tea towels,dish cloths and money gift .It is hard to make her money stretch when she has so little on disability ..

I told her your very welcome .I also gave her an indigo fur throw as i bought a new one last year and it is grey so matches my new couch .It sure is nice to help out family.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath- after my mom had her quadrouple bypass,years ago .I had to take 2 months off work to help her and take her to appointments,my work gladley gave me 2 months off (but no pay) but i was there for her .
    I am sure you cant wait to see your dear dad ,when he gets home .

You are doing a great job organizing and cleaning up by the way -take care.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Cath someone I used to work with her Husband had the same surgery and she had to take 3-months off to be with him, he did have some other health issues as well.

As well not sure if it the same in Quebec but in Ontario if you have heart surgery or a heart attack they automatically suspend your license, I just cannot remember for how long
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I dont think it is the case for the licence in QC my aunt had heart surgery and she still drive!!! Well will see ...I hope not...just happy my father is still alive!!! Will try to inform myself for that matter.Thank you for the fy
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Mar 13th, 2021 at 09:34 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Tomorrow will try to do the cleaning of the 2 kitchen tables(full of junk and papers) and the kitchen counters(to much stock) ... it is the most showing stuff when we pop into the appart.
    For now I will go watch some tv and sleep peacefully since 3 weeks!!! Good night

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 Good to have some cries now, while your father is still at the hospital. Totally natural, given the shock of learning that surgery was more involved than you were told (maybe Dad was sparing you worry or was told the wrong number by team early on). ((((hugs))))

Your cleaning efforts will make it easier to rearrange things in the apartment if there's a need to make movement easier for Dad after he comes home. I am willing to bet he will want some favourite foods or beverage supplies in a cupboard or on a shelf (kitchen or even his room) he can reach on his own to maintain some activity on his own, especially if he wants something when you are resting or just to show you he can do some things still.

I suggest that you find out if hospital team is going to communicate online with you days BEFORE Dad is let go because you don't want to be left to read his papers when he comes home and you are left to figure it out on own. Biggest issue after money is what provincial insurance paid healthcare supports will be available. Right now, get informed about what you should know (make list of questions) after reading the recovery part of the health journey from this Heart & Stroke society booklet: https://www.heartandstroke.ca/stroke...ry-and-support
    Will Dad be needing mobility aid (cane/walker/rollator/wheelchair) to get around at home-is hospital occupational therapist going to assess which aid or device he needs and the size (long wait for assessment outside of hospital setting so on-site if offered is worth asking about)? Kind of need to know how much floor space will have be kept clear-like asking the furniture to keep 1m apart on the floor and nothing like cords or fringe rugs or loose rugs or items on floor unless some kind of guards or tape can be used.
    Don't plan on being a saint around Papa-you both will definitely vent or at least retreat if you don't get what you want and get upset or sad or frustrated. I am hoping he and you will talk through things and work out something for each situation. Eve will notice!
    Giseledta, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information