User Tag List

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2139Likes

Thread: March Frugal Chatter - Spring is Coming

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by grinchyheart View Post
    When my Mum was in the hospital, I loaded her tablet with all the free TV station apps I could find. CBC Gem, Citytv, etc. Some provided greater access with my Shaw Cable id. The hospital provided internet, so with a good set of earbuds, she was able to watch most of her shows whenever she wanted without disturbing anyone else.
    The apps also have previous seasons, movies etc so she could even catch up on stuff she missed.
    Very good idea!!! Will know for next time(I hope not)
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m surprised. The two free Chapman’s masks arrived today. They are nice and have a pocket for the filter. The Chapman’s masks are back in stock. I just ordered 2 more with our other accounts. Chapman’s also has an all purpose buff, which is a new item.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good very earlier so earlier morning !!!
    Slept 6 and a half hours but my dad kept getting up (3 time this night) for bathroom,thirsty or going on the balcony so I kept an eyes on him He was like that at the hospital to (except going outside) and before here it was for smoking and drinking coffee...lol...
    No big deal for me I will nap a little bit today and in fact I had a better sleep since he his here.Strong sleep lol
    Raining a little bit outside.
    Have an awesome day and thanks god tomorrow its friday,I love the week end,more relax
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Forgot to push pc offers yesterday but nothing was worthed I think
    Just loaded my this week offers and i have 3 I can use Love the 100 points per 1$ spend on ground beef since I want to purchase a big pack...I have for now 7800 points hope to reach the 10 000 soon to have the 10$ redemption

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So annoying and frustrated ..I forgot the password of my caisse account and I need to transfer some money in my account..really hope to find it today or I will have to change the password
    Dad offered me is credit card (paypass) for the grocery ,but I dont know if it is legit or if I have the right to have it..will see
    Received my card,my fpc mini wheat cereals,some magazines and mcdonals coupons in the last 2 and a half week....I miss when the time I did trades and ordered coupons and samples and the mailbox was so full..lol
    Dad got some bills and noticed cogeco over charge him 40$ so he will haveto call it...did not need that
    Decided to kept my life insurance at this amount for another month and thea amount is already passed in the account (5 of each month)
    But i hate this men,and dont want him to see my father in that shape for now

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I taken the decision to wait at least another month to resubscibed to school.that will give me the time to start to repair my tooths who have many cavitys... And dad need me,dont want him to be alone in this
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was up early and right to work. There were a few things I did not get done last night, I was done and just could not push through anymore.

Trying to decide if I will run to the grocery store this morning, I do not have a long list but there are a few things I would like to pick-up. I just feel like I have spent a lot on groceries lately but that is because we did another large stock a few weeks ago at Costco.

I am finding grocery shopping is getting harder, yes, there are good prices out there to be had but they are fewer and harder to find so when they are there you need to take advantage of them. It feels like if you miss a week of shopping it will be awhile before the deal comes back around.

Alright time to get a few more things off the work to-do-list then hopefully I can do a couple on the home to-do-list. I keep telling myself just get through this week next week will be better but it looks like the insanity of life just keeps rolling but working on getting the balance back.

Have a great day everyone
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

changed my password and transfered a small amount of money so I will be good for the grocery and ect ,another less worry

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning was up early at 5.00 a.m ,so did laundry and worked on my very hard puzzle (all lockers in a highschool)

Just had to toss a top of mine a nice pink one i loved ,cut it into rags .I just put an order into the gap ,i have been picking up a few article of clothing really cheap for the girls ,ashlyn capris and a cool /dri top 8.00 for both from once upon a child like new and a top 2.00 from giant tiger plus a t-shirt for car 4.00.So i decided to buy sebastian a summer t-shirt and sweatpants ,as he has a lot of used clothing (nothing is wrong with that either saves my daughter a fair amount of money ) but nice to give him a shirt for easter.

Plus a thru in a cowl neck top for me from the gap 50%-hope the large fits .I use to love the cowl neck tops in the 80"s .

Off to sell another puzzle -this week i have made $21 from the puzzles -not bad.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Today I am just taking it easy and relax!!! the 2 bedroom doors are closed so I dont see the cleaning I have to do dont want to overwhelmed myself again.
    Tomorrow I will go with my aunt at marche public to buy some chicken for dad and a few other things.I have a paper copie to make too and papers to donate to his doctor.
    Visit with the nurse went well,the scarfs are ok just a little irritation and she will remove the stichs in 1 week.
    She will come once by week for 4 weeks.She asked a bunch of questions to dad and if he need help for cleaning,He proudly said no we are good!!!!
    Have a good day
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    SC folks seem to be quite enamoured with puzzles. Has anyone explored or suggested that their local libraries stock or offer a selection of puzzles? After all, they did circulate CDs, DVDs, and cassette tapes, in the past.
    Our library does not circulate puzzles to my knowledge (not sure for kids' section) but there used to be a puzzle table set up and the puzzle was changed when current puzzle was completed and left for a few days to see it done. But when reopening occurred for in-branch visits last July, no puzzle table (given the cleaning protocols of the time that continue even now). The puzzle table encouraged random library conversations with whoever was working on the puzzle at the time that might not have occurred otherwise (puzzles or other topics). So that little bit of society is still missed!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My library is too small as a new one is being built,one library on the mountain had a puzzle exchange a few years back .I did go but some of the puzzles were very old (i dont care to do a musty smelling puzzle from a basement ) infact when i buy them from the used stores i open the box and smell if they are smokie or musty.

I just sold the other puzzle $8.00,now i only have 2 left .Usually i can finish a 1,000 piece in a week sitting at it now and then ,but this one is quite the challange.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 Wonderful to read that nurse will visit weekly to check on your Dad! Would he be willing to drink Boost at lunchtime if he has to take medicine then but still does not want to eat lunch? He might not like the sweetness but the nutrition in the bottle might be enough to help him take pills if they have to be given with food.

Ask Dad if he needs your help to wash his back and legs during the week or he'd prefer having cleansing wipes to use for now. Awkward conversation but let him decide. He might need a day or two or he'll be quick to say, yes, some help please or wipes please! Does he talk about having dry skin due to his stay in hospital? He might need to moisturize more often to help his skin feel fine.

It's good that he likes to go on the balcony for some air and that cat is giving him attention too. I think you will notice by weekend that you and Dad will do the dance of deciding who gets tv time at what time of day so you each get alone time and then get together for mail/grocery list making/meals.

Great for you to have access to mailbox again (hurrah) and that your sleep is better now. Yay, you!
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel ; thank you I will check those things with dad.He had lunch with me(1 croque monsieur) (croissant,ham and cheese) with some vegetable juice.He have to not drink to much.He dont like boost...I think... I think because he was skipping the lunch meal before he will have to remake new habits in here.He take pills when he wake up with breakfest and at dinner time so that is ok
    Wow..he just got noticed by a mail lettter that he got blood transfusions during his surgery...that was a big one.
    We watch the same things in tv so no big deal here per chance.
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Mar 18th, 2021 at 01:14 PM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I did go but some of the puzzles were very old (i dont care to do a musty smelling puzzle from a basement ) infact when i buy them from the used stores i open the box and smell if they are smokie or musty.
    Can a spritz of Febreze solve this problem without damaging the puzzle?
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information