User Tag List

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Happy Wednesday!!!
    Dont forgot to push yours pc offers!!! I just did it !!!
    Have an awesome day!!!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! It's beautiful out here today.

I just popped out to GT to get bagels and onion rings for the kids. Some treats for the Spring break and really I guess for the next while since DS is back to online school. Plenty of eating time!
    I have a massage appointment this afternoon. 1st of the year. Glad it wasn't cancelled. My guy gave me one last night that helped so should be even better after today. Sitting at a computer is not good!

I raked out the garden beds in the front yard yesterday. Have a shrub I want DS to dig out today. Think I will put tomato plants there till I find a replacement in the Fall. All my seeds I planted have sprouted! Some took longer then others.
    I need to pick up a few bags of soil today I think so I am ready for the weekend. I have a few pots to fill. As well as a few long pots that I plan to try spinach and lettuce in from seed.

Kitchen is clean. I don't think I'm making a big dinner tonight. Fend for yourself/leftovers. There are burger buns for hamburger/chicken burger.

Off to continue on the laundry! My yoga pants need to be washed and hung to dry and the sunshine is perfect for that.

Enjoy the day!
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS and I are making a good dent in his bedroom. Totally cleaning it from top to bottom.
    So far done his dresser and nightstand. Now working on his closet.
    I'm having him bring it all down to the dining room so we can sort it and deal with it.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

The kelloggs soccer contest is supposed to work now.I won 10 fpcs (5 my adress,5 my aunt adress) I will maybe try with my uncle adress too.I have their agreement .
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Apr 14th, 2021 at 05:31 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    The kelloggs soccer contest is supposed to work now.I won 10 fpcs (5 my adress,5 my aunt adress) I will maybe try with my uncle adress too.I have their agreement .
    The Kellogg’s website is causing my grief, even when I use the Chrome browser. It says that I need to reset my password, but that process hasn’t been smooth. I can’t submit my receipts for the $5gc or participate in this contest.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Made yesterday haircut day. Managed to cut most of the back 3 inch curly lengths and tried to trim missed lengths. Made some side trim goofs but they are a bit shorter too. Bangs are still fine except for some missed stragglers. Once the weather gets hot, I probably will trim some more hair off. Felt like I had a new do and lost my 70s shaggy hair look. Helped to put some hair gel in after a hair wash to get a bit of style involved.

Enjoyed my library outing and posted a bill payment at a nearby mail box. Kind of strange trying to fit everything into a 1hour visit but it's better than nothing and I get to see my library people.

Since the sun came out in the afternoon (chilly day), I made certain to spend some time working in the garden, even if I had to use a folding chair for some of the effort (can't really put my torso into a hoe so I just moved my hands along the handle as I worked towards me in every row while seated. Just did not feel like seeding anything-not in the garden or the spots in the yard that could use grass seed.

Today-fistful of home improvement ad mail. Found a dime (yay) on my evening trip back from Shoppers for two mailing boxes (to finish up baby gift boxes to have on hand when kin say they have a little one on the way; just have to weigh them to get an idea of mailing costs) and some snacks. Did an afternoon Longos grocery run by bus (handy having electronic fare card) with my cart in hand. Tried to KonMari my room after a needed vacuum. Only managed to re-organize fabrics into a different bin to get rid of a too-small box. A little bit of paper got recycled. Realized I still have my 2019 Hawaii magazine issue (it seems like treasure now) and that fine cotton shirt from 2019 that I never made into a new for me shirt is handy sewing fabric (ooh, thread options...). Will move on that sewing task this week as I need at least one more button front shirt (have to think about style though). Did some hand laundry and hung it outside to dry (love the fresh smell but if the day was warmer, the scent would be perfect!).

I really enjoy seeing OLG's new Bingo Multiplier tv ad because I love hearing the ladies get excited saying "Rose Gold cake pan!" over and over (much better than the cheese dip ad). Love rose gold! Could not find the instant ticket at Shoppers tonight. Will check a grocery store or maybe a convenience store for it.

Today's community paper bundle had fewer grocery flyers but there is a colouring pages section for kids and some kind of contest. I plan to give my copy to a household with kids as there are a few rainy days coming up and with the contest, I'm sure little kids would love to think of winning something. I certainly did!
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    The Kellogg’s website is causing my grief, even when I use the Chrome browser. It says that I need to reset my password, but that process hasn’t been smooth. I can’t submit my receipts for the $5gc or participate in this contest.
    Try using a different browser. I had the same issue with my password and I could not reset it. It was one of my kids that’s suggested it and that worked. I just redeemed the buy 2 boxes of cereal get one free offer and this was the 1st the time I did not have issues with the site, I used Chrome.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I had to look at the Longos flyer online and Thank You Rewards members get $1.99 pricing for the Longos lemonade or watermelon lemonade in glass bottles ($2.99 for non-members). I bought two bottles to have on hand as I've been going through the assorted juices at home (not all thrilling flavours) and the canned Perrier beverages. Pepsi No Sugar mini bottles were on sale for $4.99 so I bought one package too, some produce and Chunky soups. Was looking longingly at the half-watermelon sections but realized it would be too much weight in my cart, given my strength limitations. Another day, maybe if I don't have heavy bottles or juice cartons in my cart.

Could not manage to visit Walmart after my shop-grateful I only had to wait 10 min for a bus trip home after my Longos visit!

Tomorrow will be colder and wet. Sounds perfect for seeding some dirt with grass seed with the little hand-operated seed spreader. I noticed some March seeded sections finally seem to be sprouting new grass, but not all sections are as active as others. Mother Nature is doing the watering, so I conserve my energy. Win-win.

Coupon reminder-those GlaxoSmithKline coupons for Advil, Ener-C and more expire at the end of April. Check your stash to see if any coupon can be used up in upcoming store visits.

I noticed that my local Dollarama looked deserted after 8pm. Checked their door after my Shoppers trip and saw the posted hours are reduced to 7pm closure. Before this lockdown, store was open until 9pm and could have stretches of busy periods from suppertime to closing, depending on the weather.

That older box of camomile tea in the pantry has finally been emptied (I have been drinking 1 to 2 mugs per day with intention)! Now I can gladly open that new Tetley container of camomile tea and not rant that I forgot to use up the older tea first.

Must tiptoe through a few others sites quickly then go to bed for a little reading before lights out. Have a soothing night, everyone!
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Will this week ever be over ugh!!!
    Cold and damp this morning.

I just had an egg on a toasted bagel. Filling!

Waiting for DS to get up so we can continue on his room. Pulling out the bed and dresser and book shelf 1st to clean under them.
    Then we can wipe out the closet and start putting his clothing back in and in the dresser. So happy to have that almost done.
    I even tossed a huge bag of bag of bedding that had been sitting in his closet. Feels good to let go!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Universe and I are having a budget failure moment in the last several hours. Found this blog item from an e-mail newsletter I get (and I am totally relating to the underestimating spending part, as a result of my calculations before bed last night):

https://www.hoyes.com/blog/7-reasons...aign=April2021

I realized that I had a $50 budget intention per baby gift/birthday gift with 5 gifts planned after the first (not included in the 5-count) set of purchases for a known baby-to-be were made. I failed to first buy the 5 mailing boxes and figure out how much to spend on a onesie (incl taxes and shipping), how much to spend on a swaddle, and on socks or cards so I would know how much of the $50 went where or even assume that I'd want each gift to have the same kind of items. Well, each couple is getting something different looking from the others and I like that aspect!

Last night, I finalized (except for price of one item I had and added to a box) my numbers on the 5 boxes. I went $12 to $30 over $50 for each gift (the $12 amount is going to go up around $9-10 once I get that last price from Jan.). I now realize that since I knew I wanted these boxes mailed out (very unlikely I'd personally take transit to deliver the items and the logistical challenges of getting family to agree on travel in the best of times are real) when the times came for gifts to go out, that mailing costs are likely in the $10-15 range (two boxes are much heavier than the others). So I really needed to budget $65 apiece. And I did not.

I like visual things and when I see what I like---so cute, so like so and so,--I tend to want them. While I was keen on three sites initially for baby apparel (only GST taxable while swaddles and other gear might get the full HST treatment), I discovered more websites and local stores. Noticed certain brand names might be carried on up to 4 websites but each site had different parts of current clothing collections. I also was becoming aware after each purchase that to get free shipping on minimum orders, I might have bought something I really did not need. I like in-store shopping too. Sometimes I paid for shipping on what I wanted but did not have the minimum spend level. Also was aware I would not be gifting cash or gift cards nor pooling with others towards higher-priced baby gear needs if a registry was known to exist (or found after lots of searching). So three months and a week later, I have let the euphoria get entropic about buying gifts (recently heard about someone expecting second kid but I have no budget this month though I have narrowed options to two items and I have to decide which one I'd pay for its shipping to recipients-not spending $65 plus (more like under $40))!

Things I did ok on (got to take credit for the upsides): was able to get most onesies for under $20 except for one because I could not find a print that matched my expectations and price point in the sale section (always look there first then go retail to look around), signing up for e-mails from Carter's got me a $10 off $50 order coupon (perfect for different socks for each recipient but not eligible on Little Planet organic cotton items), checking brand websites when their products are listed on retail sites (might find a sale on mfr site and score a deal even after shipping), & keeping in mind colour preferences of recipients based on their wedding party colours or social media posts or registry items listed.

While it would have been ideal that I could have bought gifts on places that ship directly to recipients, I wanted to see the items first or combine them with items for other vendors>>that mean shipping fees to me if I did not place minimum orders. A few retailers offer free gift messages on gift invoices but I craved writing out personal messages for each couple. Or I could have picked e-gift cards and just paid sales taxes plus an e-transfer fee (if I had known their e-mail addresses) for each transaction.

Gifting is really a personal decision. I just wish I had been more financially in-line with my budget. Thought to admit to my financial ah-ha insights here on SC.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Caught up on recording my recent April purchases on my expenses page. Tallied some March totals and realized I spent less than $100 on food/beverage items in March while going to town (bit nuts) on gift purchases that same month. Shredded some receipts. Still thrilled I had purchased that garden soil in late March and got it spread last week (sometimes goals work out as intended). My expenses page does not have a fun category--it's what my Wonder Woman DVD purchase should have been in, not under Personal (though I considered it a necessary April treat after avoiding the pricey online streaming one view options for the movie in the past 3-1/2 months). That dvd will get rotation among friends as long as I can circulate it.

Have to decide if I will go to Sobeys by bus today to get some groceries or wait for a warmer day. Have $10 in AM redemption to apply to purchase.

Swept and mopped the floor after breakfast while I was the only one stirring on the main floor. Delighted that task is done (dislike doing it on Saturdays)!

I intend to window-shop tonight's Bay Days preview for HBC Rewards members. No budget for more gifts or miscellany, though I will check underwear prices (yes I bought something in January and last fall but some pairs of underwear are losing integrity and must go). Will also check Jockey prices at Marks.com as a sale starts today (though Marks tends towards darker underwear combinations and not too many pastel/print combos and I've yet to score a deal there on Jockey underwear so I've paid full price).

Still to do soon: getting some grass seed over bare parts of yard and enjoying the fresh air. Going to bank to add just enough change to bring back bank balance to cover 3 months of fees (used my debit card for mailing boxes last night and the balance is about $1 lower than it needs to be) and to update my passbook. Checking for coupons at Fortinos and getting a couple of items on sale. Will leave my shopping cart at home to make the walk easier. Finishing the sleep pants repair so I can move on to project spring shirt!

Have a couple of contests to add to the forum. We all need some excitement by way of contests!
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Going to bank to add just enough change to bring back bank balance to cover 3 months of fees (used my debit card for mailing boxes last night and the balance is about $1 lower than it needs to be) and to update my passbook.
    Do you mind saying which bank you use?

My accounts at CIBC and Nova Scotia were recently forced to change to paperless because both banks no longer offer bankbook services. Neither bank will accept or update our current books and left us with no choice. I prefer the hard-copy to the flimsy heat-printed receipts (that fade over time.)
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went to shoppers seniors day as i was out of milk(okay a drop left for my tea).I stuck to my list and only spent $29 as i had a 10.00 promo card to use up from seniors day a few weeks ago .

I realized when i left at 11.40 the library doesnt open til 1 .00 p.m so will have to go back to get my holds and one movie .

Today arthritis is acting up in my one knee-uggg.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just cooked bacon in the air fryer for DS for his ceaser wraps and I am sold!!!! No bacon grease splatter all over my stove or oven.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Really hope with my fpcs from soccer game contest kellogs to make pc points too...or have others promos to it..not like last time they did not put it correctly and I did not have the receipt at IGA for the b2g1 rice krispies squares,And last time at maxi and cie she put the coupons as 0 $ so it was difficult to have my points by chatting with pc after.I need to do my marche public list and that it for me today.Have a great day!
    Ciel likes this.

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information