User Tag List

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1755Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2021 -Spring is there-!!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yardwork got done, the bag of soil is empty and my torso felt like a run-down toy. But I washed my clothing and shoes and felt that was a good thing that got accomplished. I tried to nap but sleep did not come. Bro purchased some Girl Guide cookies at Food Basics, so the after-dinner dessert was most welcome.

I miss going for a walk. Plus I have not been in a store since Tuesday. Will see if there are weekend specials at Shoppers worth a walk in the rain, depending on how hard the rain is falling. I have not looked at the Fortinos coupon board in a week or so-must see if anything new has landed on it.

Tomorrow is movie day. I must see Wonder Woman in the 1980s. The carrot I promised myself for the weekend.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!
    Had a pretty productive and fun Saturday.
    House cleaning. Bathrooms. Laundry on the go. Vehicle cleaned out. Winter tires taken off.
    Then relaxed in the backyard with the sunshine and a few drinks amd bbq.
    Finished the night off watching the Leafs win

Today a few errands and a puttering around the house.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning!!! Happy Sunday!!!
    +10 degres but it will heat up so perfect for a walk.!!! Other than that I need to make my grocery shopping list,the minimun.And I will relax...I have back pain so I did not sleep well.so maybe a nap
    Need to figure out dinner altrought I have a full fridge
    Have a good one!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went for groceries this morning at 7.30 a.m as i havent been in 2 weeks in and out with a few people in store .
    Just doing laundry today and reading a novel.

Plus donated my free box of mini -wheats after using the free cpn .
    saved 11.99 in cpns and got 81 airmiles from my big order.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, Apr 11th, 2021 at 11:03 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.

went over to my moms for 30. helped her clean something she may be selling. hopefully she does. while we were there she gave a a set of antlers, she has woods.. these would be antlers that naturally fell off a deer. my dogs love deer antlers.... i gave them a big scrub. they are happy

came home. saw a post on a buy nothing local , went and picked up a beautiful over teh toilet wood cabinet. driveway pick up. ...lysol wiped ..and its where it needs to be... very happy with it.
    i am going to post a bunch of stuff on there as well...

off to do more housework. get stuff done.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Finally submitted my free cereal from Kellogg’s. I bought it before the promo started, but the terms said as long as it was the specially marked boxes I could still submit. Vector is DHs only cereal choice so I may take advantage of the offer again. I should check if there is a limit. And I gave coupons which seems so rare now.
    It’s a very rainy day here so the menu plan had to change, no BBQing tonight. I will go out for a few groceries later but it’s all fresh stuff. Then I am posting some more stuff to give away. I have given up on trying to sell any of it. But I want it out of my house.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner tonight is steak, potato wedges and fresh asaparagus. I did a good job keeping all that free asparagus fresh! Gave my mom 2 more bundles yesterday and we have 2 left still.
    I bought a loaf of cinnamon bread on Flashfood for 50 cents. Going to make French toast tomorrow for brunch with fresh pineapple that I will cut up in the morning.

Washed all the bed linens for my oldest. Its all piled on the loveseat in his rec room ready for him to make his bed.
    Will do the last load tomorrow morning of darks. My bedding on Tuesday.

Kitchen is almost clean just have to do the dinner dishes. Need to find a good movie to watch tonight. Time to relax.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

321 new Covid cases today. 7 are in my little area. Sk vs Ontario based on populations, that’s the equivalent to 4013 new Covid cases.

2.5 active Covid cases per 1,000ppl in my little area. 6 Covid outbreaks in our community over the last 2wks including the high school in town.
    6 active Covid cases per 1,000ppl is the area right next to ours, less than 1hr away.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Ontario posted 4456 new cases today, I think we are starting to see the numbers from Easter weekend. I am in hibernation.

Today was a grey, rainy, blah day here and my mood kind of followed. I decided I needed a me day. I spent most of my day on the couch either in Pinterest or watching Netflix.

I found a ton of new recipes I cannot wait to try. I am working on a list of recipes I can make over the coming weeks that we have everything on hand to make. Most of them are Slow Cooker or One Pot meals, I am excited. I am trying to plan ahead for summer when cooking will be a challenge, there is no way we will be putting in AC this year (knew I should have just done it last year) oh well. Here is to hoping the farmer's almanac is wrong, they are calling for a sweltering summer.

We should not need to go shopping this week but next week we will probably need some fresh stuff. I am really hoping to find Zucchini, Asparagus & Cherry Tomatoes on sale.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sadly, I read a prediction that we may see 6400 by next weekend Definitely best to stay hunkered down I think!!

Our master is in the 3rd floor loft. Already running the ductless AC! This has been a strange spring!

On a happier note finished the yard cleanup for spring yesterday. Also have been able to overwinter Parsley, Chives, and Mint! (just threw the pots with the plants from last year into the garden shed and let them be. They are somewhat protected and come back every year). So those are already coming up in pots! Never this early in the year!

Also purchased Oregano, Rosemary, Tarragon, and Sage and will get some soil and moo poo delivered tomorrow and get those planted in our pots this week. All that will remain is the Thyme and Basil on the herb front, and Cherry an Early Girl tomatoes, Jalapéno peppers, and Dill to round out the potted garden this year. If we have the hot summer and things starting so early, we may be eating our own tomatoes by July! Time will tell...
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Sun, Apr 11th, 2021 at 07:56 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My order from Colorado came to the front door late this morning. If Canada Post did the delivery, I thought the mailbox with its lid would have been a sheltered spot rather than the open step. Almost two weeks since I placed my order.

Watched the first 6 episodes of Waffles + Mochi on Netflix. The first few synth sounds of the opening theme song are very familiar from one or another J-pop artist who used the same sounds in their song. It'll come to me as to which song. The kid's cooking/food show is like a child-oriented Diary of a Foodie as Waffles & Mochi travel the world to learn about the food item of the episode. I erred in saying Michelle Obama guest stars in an episode. She and her husband are executive producers of the series and she happens to be the grocery store owner who mostly is seen in the rooftop garden. Some genuine laughs and teachable moments (and discussions of feelings).

Then I moved on to the Wonder Woman 1984-watched the Scene Study of the Mall prior to the movie. Caution on the dvd case-it's not fully solid in the middle front and back-there are 6 pizza wedge cutouts in the case shell on each side (for the version that is just the movie + 90 min of bonus special features) so it's entirely possible to poke a hole through the plastic wrapper and movie cover if you don't watch where you hold your fingers or press on the case. Rather cheap move-why don't black plastic takeout containers get recycled for dvd cases? A few plot twists in the movie that I did not see coming. Enjoyed it but a couple of big action scenes would have really been splendid to see on the movie screen. You might need tissues! Warning-there are the first two or three movie previews on the disc might be scary-I skipped them but watched part of the Dune one, since I don't know if I'll get to see the new version on its current revised release date.

Rain in the morning, a sunny clearing for 2-3h, then rain again, watery sky then fog/rain in evening. I did not go outside despite feeling at 7pm I thought I should go to Shoppers. I'll see how tomorrow is for weather.

Mom returned her slides to me, saying they are too hard for her. She wore them two days indoors rather than outdoors. She expects me to wear them-they are a tad small but maybe they'll do for dry days in the garden. I hope she won't wear Dad's too big slides (tripping hazard), which I have shelved away.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sun, Apr 11th, 2021 at 08:33 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good evening!!! Yes!!! Grocery shopping list is made for tomorrow,it is an easy one and a few pming.Feel like fall today with the wind so I took naps.Tomorrow I need to kick my butt to do the dishes and others house things.
    It is weird I wrothe to Kellogs because their contest when you can writhe an essay to get fpcs not work..only if you have purchased the products and send a picture of receipt it will work..that is ..bizzare
    Have a good evening and night
    I so wish if I had the space and a piece of land or yard or field hahahto do a garden me too.Price of veggies and fruits is so expensive
    1600 cases of covid at least in QC...and the others months we where under 1000...now it is like we where in the hollidays shesh...
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Apr 11th, 2021 at 08:45 PM.
    Ciel, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Off to the garden centre. Will walk in the rain and then see if I can complete my herb collection and order bags of soil and moo poo for the veg pots. They deliver which is great. Then I can come home and relax.

Carpe Diem folks!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning!!! Happy monday!!! +12 degres today but still cold and windy sure feel like fall...
    Smoke detector is changed
    Have a good day!!!
    Ciel, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While I am awaiting the delivery of soil and manure, I paid the small amount tax owing by my wife to the CRA. That is done. Now that the assessments are confirmed I will submit the request for $40.00 a month off hydro (rebate for 2 years). That will be a nice bonus!

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information