User Tag List

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I needed to be up early this morning to finish something up for work and ended up getting up late. My plan was to get up at 5 am but I did not get up until 5:30 am. I do have to say although it was a struggle to get up, I do always feel better when I get up early, it just sets the tone for my day.

My new life motto is get some of the things done. I am trying to be okay with getting some of the things done and know in time all the things will get done but I do not need to be wonder woman and get it all done right away.

Yesterday I got the rest of my baking done, so this week I made Banana Muffins, Nanny Special Apple Pie & half a batch of Chocolate Chip cookies, the other half is in the freezer.

Trying to decide on dinner for tonight, it is supposed to be warm this week which means the oven will probably be off limits as we want to keep the house cool. Trying to get creative, I was thinking of making Oven Baked Chicken Bites and thinking maybe I could make those in the Air Fryer instead, we will see. I will ponder but right now I think the plan is Oven Baked Chicken Bites in the Air Fryer with Sauteed Veggies and maybe some Rice on the side.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!!

Had a last minute $12 pick up last night. (the item was $10 but she e-transferred $12). Was a kids life jacket that I couldn't confirm the size so posted that they are welcome to check it our before buying. It was what they wanted so she took it and sent the money. Another larger item out of my bins and $12 moving over to my travel account.

Thought I was going to get lots of stuff done tonight but DS wants to go pick up a deal he found. We will see.
    At least all the laundry is caught up. I vow to stay on top of it!

Have a great day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went shopping at sobeys ( i would rather shop here than go to the hot spots in my area that have freshco and no frills).I am just being cautious with my grocery shopping as i dont want to go back to online like last march /april/ and start of may.Saved 6.75 in coupons and got 81 airmiles

I got some really good deals today on clearance a lovley allnatural cleaner for the counters 6.99-50%=3.50 -part of my daughter-in-laws birthday gift for the end of june ( i have a candel,foaming hand soap and now the cleaner) along with a cash gift .
    glad 100 compost bags 14.99-50%=7.49 this is a great price
    mens axe deodorant 5.70-50%-buy 2 save 1.00=1.89 each
    large dove hand wash refill 6.99-50%=3.49

plus splurged and bought hubby and i a nice steak and got 25 airmiles with it .Gonna have a special bbq tonight steak baked potatoes and fresh corn on cob.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, May 18th, 2021 at 10:46 AM.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Okay errands are done.
    Got my prescription from the Pharmacy, plus Mom got what she needed
    Got jabbed in the arm (no, not Covid shot, I am on a medication I get injected every 3 months)
    Went to the Post Office, not sure why all of our amazon packages are now going to the Post Office instead of being delivered to our door

Now back to work and getting things done around the house on my breaks.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

This nice weather has me longing for a roadtrip . I guess all I can do is plan it and be ready.
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Today much better than yesterday which I spent recovering from Sunday's extra walk by the lake. It was a good idea at the time but must be getting older.
    Quite the difference in weather from a week ago this time! Took the cat outside in the back for awhile. He enjoyed it and came back in earlier than usual which was alright with me. I'm in agreement with SassyAshley that I don't want to heat up the place with cooking. So tonight rotisserie chicken using PC points. Fortunately I timed it right to cook a roast beast(beef) early in the day yesterday so between the two, good for a few meals this week. Afterwards I will bring out the crock pot as it's always a great way to keep the place from heating up.
    Hope everyone gets to enjoy at least a bit of the sun! Stay safe and well my friends!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hung 2 loads out today -love not using the dryer.Two of my towels have had the biscuit ,so they will be rags now ,so glad i got one on clearance before lock down at bed bath and beyond.

Digging weeds and small grass up that is growing within my river bed of rocks up againest my cement out back -hubby said thats a thankless job-but then again someone has to do it .I am a quarter done ,wow it is like summer out there.See skippy we go from fall /winter right into summer (not much spring in the past few years)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I went to the Costco garden centre after work today and it was so disappointing, no hanging baskets not pots and the flats of flowers are just white. I did get my herbs, kale and red peppers and tomatoes are coming from a local grower. Not sure what I will do for flowers. Maybe try RCSS and hope for the best. DH and I took Friday off thinking we would veg and then after almost 2 months of ignoring us the deck supply company announced the material is coming Friday. DH is building it himself and the kids are going to learn how to build a deck. it’s not his 1st deck and honestly the amount installation costs it will be worth the extra take out. The older son will do the removal of the deck Thursday so that’s a plus of an adult child living at home. I am not looking forward to the chaos but so can’t wait for the new deck.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    No idea why but yesterday I started to get a headache in the afternoon. It got increasingly worse I was in bed at 7:30 last night. I was over yesterday and honestly felt like I could not function. I still have a bit of a headache this morning but it is workable and for how much sleep I got I am still tired.

I am going to take a look at the flyers and might go and so a small shop during this flyer run. There are a few things we cannot get at Costco we need, when I went to Costco I was going to run into another store for some of these items but my car was very full. So thinking I might grab those this week, items we need aree:
    Green Onions
    Mushrooms - I got Mushrooms at Costco but only got one package, should have grabbed two
    Rice - My Costco only carries Jasmine or quick cooking rice, we prefer just regular Long Grain White Rice so we grab at No Frills normally
    Garlic - My Costco now carries Garlic but it is either 3 or 5 lbs and it would go bad before we can use it all (might have to look up some internet hacks for storing Garlic)

I will also check the flyers and see if there is anything on sale, kind of hoping to find some berries on sale, I miss fresh berries.

I tried the Oven Baked Chicken Bites last night, they were a touch spicy, I might pull back a touch next time and there was not sauce even thought the recipe said there would be. I followed the recipe so not sure why the sauce dried up, even with no sauce we will make again.

Have a wonderful day everyone
    barbis9, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

Last night when I got home from work my oldest texted me asking "Taco Tuesday?" Looked in the freezer and had a large tray of lean beef. I cooked it all up and got all the toppings ready. Now they have that for today to eat so no cooking for me tonight.

I took the dog for a walk around 830pm last night and it was still beautiful out. So many people out walking their dogs through the park. (we live on a crescent that has a path to the park) The best part is the garbage cans because no fail my dog always poops 1 min after we leave the house.

Think I will clean out my vehicle tonight. Wipe it all down inside. Vaccuum and wash since there is so much bird poop on it.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Don't forget to save PC offers! I just did it since I don't plan on using any of them today.
    My PC pts are at $315 on my main card and $14 on my 2nd card. No points when you aren't spending. Will try and work my points on my 2nd card to get to $20 for a little redemption. For $20 I can get buns/sandwich meat/fruit etc and make awesome cooler lunch for my DS for his beach days with his friends.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, May 19th, 2021 at 10:57 AM.
    SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -hubby and i had a headache yesterday too .I thought maybe because i didnt wear a hat but it is just soo hot out -no gardening for me til 6.00 p.m .

I did do a load and hung to dry .

Just sitting on my deck with a fruit tray i made up and raw carrots .I did call sobeys as i am not happy with their single corn (they were old and harder to chew),she said she will replace next time i am in .

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

SassyAshley - Garlic cloves freeze wonderfully. Its a little work peeling them, but well worth it to make them easier to use later. I got a box full from Flashfood early on, & just watched tv with a paring knife in hand cutting the woody ends off with the skin going in one bowl & peeled garlic in the other. Frozen cloves can be cut up just like fresh or let them thaw for literally 2 minutes they are so soft & easy to smash.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I am trying to be hopeful and booked a 2 night getaway in Niagara Falls with DS for the end of August. It is fully refundable if we decide to change our plans. Couldn't beat the deal- $127 for 2 nights. Free parking and free breakfast. Told DS the cheaper our hotel deal means we have more $ for fun
    JadeAngel, crafter and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you, I did try freezing it once but it went kind of slimy when we tried to defrost it. Might have to try again, we do need to defrost it a little as we usually use a Garlic Press to mince our Garlic.

Quote Originally Posted by grinchyheart View Post
    SassyAshley - Garlic cloves freeze wonderfully. Its a little work peeling them, but well worth it to make them easier to use later. I got a box full from Flashfood early on, & just watched tv with a paring knife in hand cutting the woody ends off with the skin going in one bowl & peeled garlic in the other. Frozen cloves can be cut up just like fresh or let them thaw for literally 2 minutes they are so soft & easy to smash.
    barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information