User Tag List

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DS1 saved me last night when he announced he would make dinner. I had zero motivation or desire. Tonight is takeout. We plan every two weeks and then it keeps us on track with our menu planning. I have the sheets on the line and will shortly go for a walk. I went to No Frills for groceries today and I had an offer for vector. Spend 8.00 get 4000 PCO. So I bought four boxes used my four FPCS and made 8000 PCO. I don’t remember the last time I had a deal like take. I will now see if I can do 2 more FPC but I don’t recall if there was a limit.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today i went to shoppers and got a treat for hubby and i

after yard work we enjoyed a magnum bar (cherry and dark chocolate ) on sale 2/10.00-2.00 cpn -1,800 points=3.10 each sooo yummy and nice wish i had bought 4 boxes .

I got lays chips for 1.49 dont remember when they were last that price.
    laundry soap 2.99 again havent seen it that cheap in awhile
    p.c frozen broccoli 1.99-600 points=1.39

I put an order in canadian tire as hubby's sandals broke only bought them last year too (such a time,no stores open)i got a pair for 21.99 reg 45,then tin foil and cashmere -i had an offer spent 80 before tax get 20.00 back in points so i did spend 82 got more weed and a cookie sheet 5 items pickup is sunday .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Oh busy busy day but getting stuff done which is good.

All of the meat has been processed, frozen and sealed with the exception of the Bolognese which is cooling on the stove. We ended up with "extra" ground beef and we already have ground beef in the freezer so we decided to make a pot of Bolognese. That will go in the fridge over night and get packaged tomorrow.

All of the produce has been processed and is in the fridge ready to use.

Just have to package the Buns and Breads we got and figure out how to get them in the freezer, that will be the hard part.

Our stand up freezer which is where we store our meats is full, everything is restocked and so many dinner options.

I wrote a meal plan for this week. I have been slacking when it comes to meal plans but I miss it. We are not having take-out but I find dinner time feels unorganized and rushed so back to the meal. I have included a few new meals to try which I am really excited to try. I find including these new meals keeps me at least excited for dinner and motivates me to cook.

I am super exhausted but gotta get some work done or I won't have it done by Monday morning.

Tomorrow there will be a little more meal prep for the week and then I feel like we are set.

Have a great night everyone, hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sassy - thank you so much for recommending the egg roll in a bowl .. omg. so good. i mentions to hubby it was on the menu plan and he was very excited.

i was very productive today. i got so much done. i feel good about it .

i still need a few plants.. but then i always do ....lol.

laundry is still going. i may hopefully get that done tonight...

tomorrow should be a good day.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Picked up more McDonalds whole bean coffee at Fortinos. I grind it at home, and its' coffee heaven for me.

Went to Costco and due to just essentials for sale, I spent under $20.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I got up at 7:20 this morning and I’m only now finally sitting down to try and relax some.

Sobeys trip early this morning. I used $10 in AM, $0.50 coupon, $0.50 Eclipsa, submitted receipt for $10 Activia promo for gc. I also earned 28AM.

I did a quick trip to Salvation Army this morning before it got busy. $1 kids clothes. I bought 2 pairs of pants for twin boy, splash pants, swim shirt, and a fancy dress for twin girl. $5 total and done within 15min.

Dh helped me get the kids’ clothes sorted out. It took hours. Ds tried on his summer clothes. Twin girl tried on the clothes in her bin of clothes. She has lots of summer dresses now. Twin boy tried on a crazy amount of clothes from his bins and his dresser. They’re all set for summer clothes. I brought in my bin of summer clothes, but I didn’t go through and try things on. Two loads of laundry are washed and put away. We also packed up the kids’ winter clothes.

I then photographed and posted some stuff for sale. I made 3 sales today and 1 is pending for tomorrow.

Dh discovered that no building supply stores in town have the boards that we need for the garden, to replace the rotten boards on the pea patch boarder. The plant has been closed for 1.5 months and won’t have anything available for another month.

I also made lunch and cooked supper.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m out of meal ideas again. Anyone willing to share their meal plans?
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I dont do meal plans for the week ,only two of us and we just decide the night before or day off.
    Yesterday had the wally parr ribs ,they were like restaurant quality (no fat at all),french fries corn and beans

Angela great deals on the kids clothing ,i wish to go to our talize when they open back up i really need t-shirts .Online all the larger and xlarge are sold out and i like the fit of shirts from a few years back .So i will make do ,at least i have a lot of tank tops if summer gets pretty hot.

Talize does have online shopping now in a few cities with curb side pickup or shipping flat rate 5.00 but no returns ,so i will wait .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, May 16th, 2021 at 06:36 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yesterday i got bad news my dear sister-in-law called me ,my dear older brother is home from hospital one week now.There is nothing they can do he has another infection ,so he will just stay home ,as my sister-in-law told the cardiologist i will not send him to hospital where nobody can see him .

I would love to visit him but will wait til this gets better ,there are reasons why i cant go just yet .Please put him in your prayers .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all @coupongirl will be keeping your brother in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping that you can visit with him soon

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl *hugs* and prayers for your brother.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone, @gisele tda so glad you all like, we love that recipe.

Still have a bunch of stuff I would like to get done today but we will see how the days goes. I woke up at 4:30 wide awake, my intentions were to get up just after 5 but apparently I feel back asleep and did get up until almost 7 am. So now I am feeling a little groggy but getting things done.

I have a work download running, I need to send out a mass mail out which I will do shortly. Some staff members email will get hit hard once I click send.

I finished editing a video and am just waiting for it to download so I can upload it. One recipe is a bit interesting, I was trying to throw it together quickly and without a tripod so I was holding the camera, not my best move but made me laugh so I kept it in the video.

I would like to get some more Kitchen stuff done today but we will see how the day goes, honestly, feeling a little tired. Last week was a long week for me, I am feeling good mentally but physically a little run down.

Tomorrow I will need to take Mom to run some errands she needs to do, I am not sure why but all of a sudden all of our amazon packages that were being delivered to our house are now going to the Post Office and we have to pick them. I think she said she also needed to go to the Pharmacy. Hopefully, we hear about her car this week, the due date for the part was yesterday so I am not hopeful, I think they just put a new random due date since it is on a Saturday and the guy at the service department pretty much said the same thing to Mom.

I wrote a meal plan for this week, it included 3 new recipes to try and I am looking forward too. Only thing is now I cannot decide what to make for dinner tonight LOL. I am thinking either Instant Pot Lasagna - it has been awhile at least 3 or 4 months since I made it, or Mushroom Pork Chops - this recipes intrigues me because it does not use cream it is more of a gravy and the ingredients look delicious.

Just waiting for the reboot to finish running on my TV it has been acting up. We upgraded our TV service about a year and half ago because it cut out bill in half. For the most part we are really happy but the odd thing is out new TV box never turns off (apparently this is a good thing) but I find every once in awhile it starts to act up and we need to reboot it.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

coupongirl - hugs.
    Skippy, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, on load 4 for laundry. finished off my youngrst... yes she can do it on her own. i am helping.
    depoisted my co51 cheque. pick up hot dog buns. will have hot dogs and salad for supper.
    planted the rest of the plants. .. i still need to transplant some.
    posted stuff on a buy nothing spot, person is picking them up later.

i need to research the protocol for dropping off returns to the beer store. .. i havent brought back empties in over a year... i find some frequently on our walks as well. so between what we drink and i what i find... its alot. lol.

i have a bunch of little housework to get done.
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

We walked 30 minutes again today ,as it helps with my feelings looking at how nice some homes look .

I am now listening to the cranberries on my daughter's ipod she gave me -"i love the cranberries" and i started to do exercises ,leg lifts and small weights 3 pounds -its a start.

Supper tonight is pasta as i just cut the back lawn in 22 degrees weather -why oh why do i do it now .I am not in a headspace to do a meal ,i am happy signing to the cranberries.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information