User Tag List

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have the $1.79 eggs and $1.29 Wonder Bread offer on one of my PC cards this weekend. Haven't had it for a long time it seems.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was not my day, I had a rough one. One of my goals for 2021 was to reassign some of my tasks that are not part of the main objectives of my position and stop me from being able to do my main objectives. The catch was I had to choose who it would be assigned to and train them so it is taking some time to get manuals in place. I have been trying to reassign some of these tasks but it seems like everytime I do the reassignment is getting rejecting and coming back basically saying "nope, you are the person for the job."

I can admit I was super overwhelmed yesterday and called my boss and just asked what more can I do, I do overtime, I work nights, weekends, early mornings. Good news was we had a meeting yesterday and a couple things have been moved so that is good.

Yesterday I just needed to be far away from my laptop for a little bit so we went and did our grocery shopping. We did a large Costco shop, it is so weird to see all of the non-essentials roped off. But we got A LOT and are now fully stocked up. Now comes the fun of breaking everything down and getting it put away. I have started my to-do-list and even got some of it packaged last night.

Today is going to be a better day, going to get all the things done.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just got back from Valu-mart and spent the rest of my prepaid gc.

$3.33 x 3 TP Member price
    $3.33 x 1 paper towel Member price (I try not to use paper towel but nice to have and the reg price is $9.99!!!)
    2 family trays of steak on sale
    $1.49 x 3 pringles (for road trips- tucking it away)
    1.00 x 3 Chocolate Almond 100 g bars (Expire Jan 2022) No explanation needed!

Happy with my little free haul! I am frugal by nature. Most people get a gifted Visa pre-paid card and spend it on shoes or clothing or take out. I shop on sale on household needs (ok some will argue the steak is a splurge- not a fancy cut but we aren't fancy ) and my bottle of Pink Whitney booze )
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, May 13th, 2021 at 03:41 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I shop on sale on household needs (ok some will argue the steak is a splurge- not a fancy cut but we aren't fancy ) and my bottle of Pink Whitney booze )
    Being kind to yourself with a little modest splurge once in a while is just as much a necessity as a roof over your head. Enjoy your steak, you earned it

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes frugalbigmama -today i went to wally parr a store sort of like M&M and i spent $60- i got a 6 pkg of sirloin hamburgers on sale 12.99plus other items -could i make them myself yes but are they as good nope -hubby and i had a bbq and ate on our back deck tonight.It was so nice like a date and no flies or bees to bother us just yet we ate at 5.10 p.m and the burgers were soo delish and not too thick and no fillers like the cheaper burgers out there .

So i say splurge sometimes -no regrets .Then sometimes we are frugal and that is life when we are a smart canuker .

Oh and frugal bigmama i got a prepaid gift card back last sept for 100.00 and i may just use it all on groceries soon .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, May 13th, 2021 at 08:20 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I strongly believe with Covid a little splurging is needed just to keep sanity, just me?

I admit when I was filming my grocery haul it was like WOW we went to town on the snacks but with that being said we are going into Summer and will be using Chips as a side dish. Honestly, for the amount we bought this is going to take us probably two months if not more. But I prefer to buy them from Costco and have them then grab them at the store and pay more for them.

I just feel we need a little something special right now, yes we can have take-out but you cannot treat yourself to a night out or day out so little treats are needed, just my opinion.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Getting things done and it feels good.

We have already started our weekend meal prep which includes breaking down everything we bought from Costco. Lots to get done but I got this.

Also knocking out all of those work things.

It is a slow and steady process but I was able to move on thing off my plate after a couple of meetings this week so that is good. Starting next week I will transition the work to a coworker.

So much to get done I feel like my head is going in 500 different directions but I have to remember we are getting it done and to take some deep breaths.

Not surprised the stay-at-home order has been extended to June 2nd. Still happy I got my shop done now so I do not have to worry about it.

I wanted to take next Friday off but now I have training so I will have to work, oh well tis life.

Time to get all of the things done. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!! The sun is shining bright this morning!

Need this work day behind me! Plowing through stuff now.

I should move my tomato/etc plants outside for some sunshine! It really is nice out.

Wishing you all a fun and frugal weekend
    Giseledta, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was thrilled on Tues night to find Bro's computer left open with browser tabs visible-thus I was here for a bit.
    @SassyAshley if you can watch Shark Tank tonight at 8 pm (ABC, CTV), there's a duo making custom pillows based on sleep profiles. Might be of interest to see if they offer something new that other pillow companies don't offer.

SPeaking of essentials at Costco-the only car battery you can get online at Costco is the high-end one. Bro needed a basic one and that's warehouse only and not available now. One of his used vehicles' batteries died and he ended up getting a basic battery via a scrap metal place that is a side biz to its main biz of batteries. $62+ and it comes with 2 yr warranty for its maintenance-free unit. Thought to share in case anyone else is searching for a battery.

The price of Pantene shampoo-Food Basics used to have that 373 ml bottle for $2.99 but WM and FB now are charging $5.49/5.47. I guess I don't feel so badly that I bought my new bottle at Fortinos where the shampoo is $3.99 for a time. Noticed L'Oreal styling gel level 3 is on sale for $5.99 at Fortinos ($5.97 at WM)-usually this stuff sells for $6.49 or more at regular retail. I did a grocery shop yesterday morning and then a smaller shop at Food Basics in the afternoon.

Last night I did a walk to Longos and bought that Bingo multiplier card. Won $25 from the Fast 25 section but nothing from the 14 bingo boards. Split win with friend so each of us has a fab Friday!

Before library stop today, I did a quick walk up the street to check out the flowers at the two church yards. So many blooms. One yard's blooms are starting to fade, so my timing was just perfect. Today has been stellar for drying laundry outdoors-sun/wind/temp.

BTW, Omni TV is showing only Western Canada times/dates for Eurovision's 2 semi-finals and final competition next week. Mighty miffed. I will have to watch videos on Youtube I guess.

Enjoy that sunshine, everyone!
    Skippy, Giseledta, ROMEO and 5 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i went for a 35 minute walk -slowly an increase ,some of it was uphill.

Then hubby cut the front lawn and neighbours half as we share it.We put an order into canadian tire yesterday at 1.30 and it was ready at 3.30 such an improvement over last march .So we used weed spray on front lawn .

I gave myself a partial pedicure (only painted my toenails bright pink ) and read my newest novel on my loveseat out back -soooo nice out .
    Supper is leftovers for me and k-dinner for hubby nice and easy .

I just did a load of wash my winter hoodie i wore last monday -i will hang it in the morning or maybe a few items now we will see.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just had a $5 porch pick up and 2 pairs of DS's too small swimshorts out of my house

Had a shower and used straightner on my hair. I haven't done that in such a long time. Feel like a million bucks

Need out of the house. Think I will park downtown and take a walk down at the town dock.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I hear you SassyAshley and indeed there's nothing wrong in a little TLC for oneself and others during these times we're in.
    I don't mind buying ourselves a treat(if it's under 5 bucks) or a Timmies if I can justify it,like grabbing a ride rather than a bus so I can treat myself with the fare saved!
    Whatever you do this weekend stay safe and well and do spoil yourself and those you love!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

For those that like a little splurge the McDonald’s coffee any size is currently $1.00 if you order via the app. On Fridays I go to the bakery for treats for everyone else before I start work but sweets are not my thing so grabbing a coffee seems like a bit of normal.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    We got a lot done yesterday but there is still a lot to get done. Most of the meat has been processed, although I lot of it is in the freezer flashing freezing and then needs to be sucker sealed. I still have a chunk of Ground Beef to do something with. We ended up with so much more Beef and Pork than I expected. Funny thing is both Mom and I were like hmmmm should we get a third package of ground beef just to be safe but neither of us vocalized it. We are now both happy we didn't as we are fully stocked up now on Burgers and Taco Meat which is what I bought the meat for.

Today, we need to sucker seal all the meats in the freezer that are flash freezing, deal with the produce and bakery stuff we bought (tons of buns and bread).

It is a lot to get done but once we have it done, it will be great I think we are stocked up hopefully into July from Costco and will only need to do little local shops for the things I cannot or will not buy at Costco.

I have been up since 6:30, I already have a batch of Banana Muffins made, the kitchen is clean. Although we cleaned as we went yesterday at the end of the night there was a crock pot and couple small dishes that did not get done plus my muffin dishes.

Now, I need to tidy up the kitchen, there is just stuff in the wrong places or just there that need to be dealt with.

So much to get done today, plus I have to work (just waiting for the email telling me the person before me has done there part so I can start mine). Time to get rolling.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all

productive day so far.
    fyi.. if you are a pc insiders , you get 100 pc points per 1.00 spent on pc plants and soil ect.

did my click and collect. ran into the garden center. not many people at all there. it was very early. lol.
    planted most of the stuff. everything up front is done. i still need to add a couple things.

popped into shopppers got my hubbies perscriptions.

going to take a bit of a break... then housework. laundry... and bbq tonight. might putter in the backyard for a hour. hmmm.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information