User Tag List

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: May 2021 Frugal Chatter - Plant the seeds of Frugality now for harvest in summer

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    It is Tuesday, I am not sure why but this week is feeling long. I must say this sleep thing is still a struggle. I sleep but I still wake up exhausted and I find it is really affecting my day because I am finding it hard to focus. Oh well must push through, must get it done.

I tried a new recipe last night for Copycat Panda Express Mushroom Chicken it called for 2 cups of Mushrooms which is what I was looking for because I had some mushrooms to use up. It was the only recipe I could find that used a good amount of mushrooms, most called for 5 or 6 sliced mushrooms or did not call for cream as I am out of both Half & Half and Whipping Cream. It was good but I think the recipe mislead me, it said if you do not like it saucey only use half the sauce mixture, I used all because we like sauce to mix into our rice but even using the full amount it wasn't very saucey.

I started cleaning up my work stuff yesterday, I think I am going to need a second shelf on the bookcase. I have more stuff than I originally thought, actually I thought there was more I could get rid of but it is all stuff I need. I really need to find a way to add more storage to our main floor.

I brought up cleaning up the basement again yesterday, we have a spare fridge down there and I would really like to get that dug out so we can use it. I am struggling with our next shopping trip as there is stuff we need but I know I won't have the fridge space for it. I just find right after our shops it is hard especially when I am stocking up on meat that needs to processed. It would just be nice to have that little bit of extra room especially for meal prepping and all the things that come with Pandemic living.

Okay, time to find focus and push through all the things for today. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

BBQ cleaning and maintenance day. 15 years old and looking and working like knew.

As you were ...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Cloudy grey day here to start.

Paid the Hydro bill this morning so there will be electricity for another month. They switched companies so we had to update our payment accounts with new #'s. And the billing was late last month and then we just got another bill that is due next week. I'm sure many will be late paying since the billing payment is due 3 weeks earlier then normal now!

Yesterday was a crazy work day but today I just have one "must do" thing. Will just get the little things done today and dig in tomorrow.

Kitchen is clean. Dishes drying on counter and will have DS put them away later. I will grab some BLSL chicken out of the freezer now and bake it later. Slice it up for DS to make wraps/quesidias with it since we have everything else needed on hand.

I need to pop out and buy a few watermelons today. We love it!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to the upright freezer and pulled out BLSL chicken and a brocoli crumble (a vegetarian thing I bought 8 of for .25 cents each on Flashfood after we tried it on a $2 deal (reg price is over $) I just put on a pot of basmati rice. I'm going to pull the cooked porkchops from the freezer and make fried rice and add it. Will see if DS notices On a mission to use stuff up and keep our grocery bill low!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Son asked us to pickup his canadian tire order and we dropped off at his house .

Then tried a new bakery in my son,s town (support local)BOA bakery .The best portugese tarts i have ever had in my lifetime -hands down .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS's fried rice is done. And it was ham I pulled from the freezer (DS's Aunt sent for oldest when he missed a dinner back. I froze the leftovers since she sent him too much to eat. I added tons of veggies to it so it will last till tomorrow I hope!

The only thing in my mailbox was KFC coupons. Right into the recycling box. 2 of 3 of my Amazon order was delivered today. the 3rd item and the one I wanted the most of course is to be delivered by 8pm tomorrow my account says. Was fun to shop on work on things I had on my very limited "want" list.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off for a walk and i am mailing my girlfriend a card for her birthday next week (i have about 40 cards on hand bought from zellers ,years back and value village or talize in bundles )Good thing as cards are not essential except in shoppers where you would pay about $4.99-5.99
    I think she is 57 but i didnt put it on it .I just picked out a nice friends birthday card that states i cherish you as a friend -something to that effect .

I dont always send cards but i think this year would be nice to recieve one in the mail .

Oh just sold my puzzle she will pick up on wednesday this time i asked $10.00-makes up for the bit of loss i took on all the toys

I went on my 20 minute walk and wore my fuzzy lined hoodie from marks workwarehouse as it was needed ,soooo windy and cold for may.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, May 11th, 2021 at 03:49 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I did not get a chance to do my grocery shopping yesterday because I got pulled into an "issue" at work. 9 1/2 hours later my part is done and now I wait for the next person to do their part but needless to say I worked late last night and was up early this morning to finish off the last part and get it out before we opened.

It kind of worked in my favour as I was able to see next week's flyer and see if anything I need is on sale next week. I have to be honest, I flipped the flyers this morning on my phone and not a lot intrigued me for next week.

My big focus will be meat this time, we need more Chicken, Pork, Burgers & Taco Meat. I am also going to look at some fish, we are not big fish eaters but trying to get more variety.

There is going to be a lot of prep to be done after this shop is done which may be tricky as I have to work this weekend. Oh well fun times.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! The sun is shining!!

Productive morning so far. Made DS and I breakfast. Cleaned the kitchen. Had a shower. Put on a tank top and sport shorts (that have been sitting in my drawer) and my running shoes so I can clean with power! 1 Bathroom cleaned. 1st load in the washer.

Cleaned up the budget since Friday is payday and I don't plan on anymore spending this week. (Besides 2 more watermelons )
    I filled the vehicle up with gas yesterday and still am moving forward $90 in gas $.
    Starting a new budget system today and I am excited Lots of goals!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Good day my friends! It's finally sunny outside, what a welcome sight! Despite how one may feel or what's going on in the world it certainly is a morale booster! I hope you all can take advantage of it, even just for a few minutes.
    Got in the mood to do some cleaning today. I'm thinking I should be in the mood more often, rather than tackling everything at once as my body is now complaining about it all.
    Dinner will be leftover rotisserie chicken slices, along with leftover veg and either potatoes or rice. I will nuke the whole lot.
    Just wondering if anyone else uses one of those reusable baked potato bags that you can nuke your potatoes in? Tastes like the real deal.
    Enjoy the rest of your day!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -washed all the floors today and washed the bed sheets .

Sold a puzzle this time i asked 10.00 and got it .I would not ask more than ten as 20 is what you pay new ,so half off is good .Made $78.00 on kijiji so far -not bad .

I am working on a fishing puzzle -it is all tackle and tins and fish pictures -not too interested in it (as i dont fish)but will do it and then sell it .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i went for a 30 minute walk today ,trying to get out there as much as we can .

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Skippy I love baked potatoes so I need to find one of those bags.
    I am exhausted, I had a full day of meetings and one 3 hour meeting which I was the primary presenter. So the lasagna for dinner plan went out the window and we had burgers. The younger was cooking but has never done lasagna solo so we decided to move it to Thursday. I am so excited because our 20 yr old was able to get vaccinated Monday. We live really close to Peel Region and a pop up was taking anyone regarding of region so he hopped in his car. He is desperate to hug his grandparents. The younger son is bummed as he has to wait until he can book through the region as he can only have Pfizer at his age. But it feels like we are getting closer to whatever normal is now.
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats to your son and your family @lilo0003 , it is a wonderful feeling
    barbis9, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and happy Thursday! The sun is hot beating on me through the window.

Finishing up laundry today. One load to fold and put away and another in the dryer. Then later today I will put away the stuff I hung to dry yesterday.

Just made coffee and an egg on a toasted English muffin for

Dinner last night was vegan tacos. OMG it was so good. I think in my top 5 to make at home for sure! I miss Mexico .

I wanted to stock up on laundry detergent today but didn't want to pay for it or use points lol. Remembered I have a Visa prepaid card to use up from a gift from my boss last year. (I bought a big bottle of booze with it for summer drinks ( I rarely drink but nice to have when I feel like it) so I have $50ish left on it and will splurge on the detergent and some fresh food So that will be my little exciting outing today.
    Off to check out my PC Pt offers

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information