User Tag List

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1024Likes

Thread: June 2021 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well value village was not taking donations today -she said come back tonight-no.So i donated to mission services down the street

.Took my granddaughter's clothing to once upon a child and got $124 for my son/wife then i spent $34 on the grandkids i got a meccano set for age 5 and up for 5.20 some tank tops for ashlyn 2.40 each ,new sticker books 3.19 -i saved 20% as i had enough in purchasing thru the years and donating in total saved $6.27

Of course i wanted to thrift shop but when i got to talize at 11.00 a.m the line up was all around the area and i didnt want to wait in the hot sun ,so another time.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@Skippy Was there a Pepsi Stuff code on your product's wrap? I am waiting to see if my Lotto Max ticket will yield cash for Pepsi purchases for the summer contest. It's rare for me to hold back on buying a case or bottle when the craving hits. The goal is one 519ml purchase per week to ensure at least one entry for the weekly grand prize draw.

Today, I got two online orders done via friend and I have to watch my remaining cash to ensure food money exist for remainder of month. Ordered the side sleeper pillow and pillowcase from the US (make sure to sign up for emails to get the 10% off discount code for your order!). Also ordered the sleep pj set from Indigo. We could not find the pickup in store option so as item is over $35, free shipping to her home will occur.

Food Basics has the three summer edition flavours of Passion Flakey-strawberry banana and mango pineapple came home with me and the orange juice. Sale priced at 2 for $5--score!

Had two loads of laundry from last night out on the lines this morning and the breezy sunny day ensured everything got dry.

Since on Mondays, Mary Browns has their chicken sandwich Big Mary on sale, I joined the lineup of customers to get three of them plus a medium order of onion rings. My beer cooler kept food hot on the walk home. Enjoyed dinner with brother (Mom declined).

Brother got me a spicy burrito from Quesada today. I like the veggie mix but don't like the hot/dry spice which tastes like sour Cubanelle pepper. Had to put some sugar into a glass of water to wash the heat away (burrito was cold as I had been napping when it was brought home).

Spotted a baby product recall related to TJX/Marshalls/Winners/Homesense:
    https://www.thespec.com/local-burlin...spec_web_ymbii
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Very long day, I crashed from my anxiety yesterday but still have some anxiety today. I think it is because we get our shots tomorrow. I do not know why but all of this stresses me out.

Dinner was Homemade Mac & Cheese with a Cucumber & Bocconcini Balsamic Salad.

I need to make more homemade Salad Dressings as we only have Balsamic right now and I buy Caesar already made. Will start working on my to-do-list for this weekend.

Will check the flyers before I head out tomorrow see if there is anything I should pick up. Or if maybe next week's flyers are better. Just looking for fresh stuff, we are stocked up on everything else.
    Giseledta and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@SassyAshley Happy dance that your Mom's car is finally returned! Hope she is thrilled!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - good luck with your shot tomorrow. If your ansxity ever gets bad . reach out . trust me ., i get ansxity. hugs

ok. hubby did the treadmill and a walk today. he was going to stop and get lotto max ( use gc) but the line up was 15 deep outside the store... so he went to the highway.

i booked my and hubbies 2nd shot. i was not able to get them together. boo. but mine is on the 24th. i am a tad... pleased.
    a dc parent told me they were preg. i suspected.. thier daughter had said something. so it was nice to have it confirmed.

my youngest is having a bit of a tough day. hopefully tomorrow is better.
    tomorrow for me will be busy.. lots of ... fathers day stuff to get done. sigh. i did this to myself. lol. i know better. sigh
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Trying to get my day going but feeling a little tired today.

I am kind f having one of those I would like to hide from the world days, just feel like I need to recharge, refocus. But sadly it is only Wednesday and this week is not over yet. This week has felt super long.

Again with that age old question what will be for dinner tonight, I have a few ideas but have not come up with a solid plan yet. Kind of wishing we had not had pasta last night and I saved it for tonight to make Instant Pot Bruschetta Chicken Pasta tonight as it looks pretty easy. But on the flip side Mom made the Mac & Cheese so I just had to make the salad last night.

Happy Wednesday Everyone, have a great day
    Giseledta, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nothing gained from second Lotto Max ticket. No more $5 spends on this game for me! Have to buy a Pepsi drink soon to get my PIN entered for the first $10K draw!

Breezy cool day again-perfect for laundry drying outdoors! I slept so well on the sheet set that was dried outside yesterday. Bliss.

Recall on Kids' Trampolines sold through Amazon Canada:
    https://www.hamiltonnews.com/news-st...king-injuries/
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day!! I was off on vacation the past few days so catch up at work today. Of course had a Zoom meeting at 10 today so that was not how I wanted to deal with but it is what it is.

I just tidied the kitchen and cut up the last watermelon I had kicking around. Then I pulled 2 containers of stuffed pasta (leftovers) from the freezer and whipped up a quick lunch for DS. (i'm eating a bit as I haven't eaten yet today and I just want it out of the house!)

Have a $5 pick up ready on the porch and it will be $5 cash for my new savings goal which I still need to figure out.

I need to go to No Frills to get the Armstrong cheese today for the last day of the sale and I have personal PC pts. My youngest likes his cheese!

Have a fantastic day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Jun 16th, 2021 at 01:51 PM.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I have been jabbed in the arm, so has Mom, I feel like I can breathe and hopefully my anxiety start to subside.

So far feeling okay, just super tired and getting a headache so I am having a cup of tea.

I feel like I won the lottery, I got to Costco, no line to get in. I bought more than I was planning but that is because I found a bunch of produce on sale or with lower prices. On sale items:
    Chicken Breast - Impulse buy but they were $3 off a package so I grabbed 2
    Mushrooms
    Raspberries
    Glucosamine - This and the probiotics were why I went
    Probiotics

I also grabbed more Zucchini, we are loving the Zucchini this year and I grabbed more lettuce because I was running low.

I am slowly working on processes what I bought because my fridge is busting at the seams.
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was in local Shoppers to check Pepsi products and noticed Pepsi Blue was 1) in stock and 2) had Pepsi Stuff code so I bought 1. I still am not a fan of what tastes like diluted Mtn Dew with a blue Kool-aid taste. The other Pepsi varieties were sold out. Shocker was seeing Mtn Dew Major Melon pop in the cooler for the first time!

After the library visit, we went to get the Chapters order for the 3 books ready (they were in-stock at store) as order notification put a Sunday pickup date deadline. Store has two outside lines (thankfully overhang was providing shade from sun); one for store customers and one for pickups. Seeing the demand for store with 30 person capacity, I told my friend we will try again in July to spend money instore. Just grateful we ordered online some days ago for the books. 4th title has not come in (expected today) and I asked employee-she said there were still some boxes to open so we'll have to wait for now.

Funny coincidence: next week my Chapters PJ order is expected to arrive as well as my US pillow order! Wow. Latter order notification indicated that company already had my pillow and pillowcase made (or in-stock) so how funny that two new bedding related items will arrive on the same day. Friend will be seeing cardboard boxes at her door.

Have entered my Pepsi Stuff code and entered three other contests.

Today's laundry has dried outside and been put away. Need to iron a few items still.

Has any Ontario SCer ventured into thrift stores to see what's on the racks? Slim pickings or still a decent assortment of attire?
    Skippy, Giseledta, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@Ciel21 unfortunately no Pepsi stuff code with that case.Like you I will probably go to Dollarama and purchase a bottle for one.
    Ended up with a Shawarma rotisserie chicken at 30% off from Superstore last night. Nice taste and moister than the usual BBQ one.
    Tonight is leftovers with my homemade potato salad and veggies.(My kind of minimal prep!).
    DW trying to eat healthy,me same old stuff(want taste and variety instead).
    I read today that cost of groceries gone up,in case no one noticed!. Need to see what sales tomorrow brings as not much this week IMO.
    Have a great evening everyone!
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Well value village was not taking donations today -she said come back tonight-no.So i donated to mission services down the street

.Took my granddaughter's clothing to once upon a child and got $124 for my son/wife then i spent $34 on the grandkids i got a meccano set for age 5 and up for 5.20 some tank tops for ashlyn 2.40 each ,new sticker books 3.19 -i saved 20% as i had enough in purchasing thru the years and donating in total saved $6.27

Of course i wanted to thrift shop but when i got to talize at 11.00 a.m the line up was all around the area and i didnt want to wait in the hot sun ,so another time.
    Thanks for the thrift store updates! I'll wait a few more days then try entering my local Value Village store. Talize will have to wait for July/Stage 2 before I make the effort to visit it. I should plan to add some bus fares onto my Presto card beforehand so I can stop at other stores on Upper James St on the same visit.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Off the meal plan kind of tonight, originally I was thinking maybe Steak but since Costco had Chicken Breasts on sale and 2 packages "fell" into my carts I changed dinner to Baked Chicken.

Originally I was thinking Sweet Potatoes as I side as I have some to use up, but after my Costco Shop I needed to make some room in the fridge so instead I used up our leftover Rice, Zucchini, Peppers & Mushrooms.

Asparagus was always on the menu as I needed to use it up
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh ceil , hubby and i went to value village to donate yesterday (couldnt donate either) but their lineup was around the whole building .

Did 3 loads of laundry today for son as his washer 's seal ripped .You see my son is at home watching both girls as my daughter-in-law went back to work .He grabbed a bunch of clothing out of the washer and it was tangled and my daughter-in-laws bra he thinks maybe ripped the rubber -well $200 later he has to wait 5-7 days for the part ,so i offered to wash and dry his clothing -i am such a nice mom .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy yeah for your second needle -we get ours on thursday both at the same time -yes i wanted to be around the same tim.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information