User Tag List

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Canadian Tire has energy efficient light bulbs on sale. We picked up a lot and replaced nearly every light bulb in our new house. This house came with very few energy efficient light bulbs, it should help keep our power bill down.

I’m still having trouble finding certain school supplies. WM didn’t have the items today or a few weeks ago when I went to WM. I’m going to try our dollar stores tomorrow morning to see if I can find the items.
    Skippy, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/444956...st-fall-canada
    I took the liberty of starting september thread
    hope @Ciel21 dont mind
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The last day of August!!!!

Took the pups for a 30 min walk at 9pm last night and they walked really well together last night. Dog sitting is good for me and my old girl lol. But it is a good reminder that I do not want another puppy ever again. My sister's pup is a barker.

Put together DS's birthday bag last night. Will make cupcakes/cake tonight so they are ready for tomorrow.

Tonight- Keep kitchen clean. Tidy fridge. Put a load of laundry on and hang to dry. Pull DS's school uniforms. Get his backpack and school supplies organized.
    That is my plan tonight.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Last day to redeem FPC for 1 Olivieri Fresh Skillet Gnocchi. Stopping at Independent on my way home to redeem it and grab a bag of shrimp or 2 for the freezer

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    What a day.

I woke up at 3 am and managed to go back to sleep, should have just gotten up because when my alarm went off I had a huge headache. Fell back asleep, slept and extra 3 hours and felt better. Not good for my sleep reset.

I had booked myself to work with a few people in the same branch today, I finished with the first and as I was preparing for the second I got an email they were leaving they weren't feeling well.

Then just as I was leaving they told me the system had gone down. At first I below it off as an internet dip, nope then my phone blew up everyone was down. Turns out a construction company working front of our main location cut a cable and their internet was out which means the server was down. We are still down now, tomorrow will be fun.

Driving home I noticed flashing lights on the side of the road, there was a car up a Hydro Pole.

Since I did not know when I left work it was a cut cable I came home to get working on a few things, yep none of it done as I have no access.

I still need to grocery shop maybe tomorrow.

Just kind of feel like today was the icing on the month of August cake.

have a great night everyone
    lilo0003, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I spent some time today reconciling the August budget and holy heck. We spent more on gas than any month since The pandemic started. It was partly because DS1 is back in school but it was a lot of social event and driving to the lake. But I still plan to paddle through September so that will it reduce by a lot. September plan is to eat down the freezer so I can defrost and get ready for winter. I have two huge spiral honey hams so the 1st cool day one is going in the oven. I bought them after Easter for 5.00 each and this is something my kids love amd we will get a lot of meals from them. We did reduce the dining out budget in August so that’s a win and I saved a bit of money to add to the retirement fund. Slow and steady.
    lizzie bargain, cath007 and Ciel21 like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Managed to get my Pfizer shot as planned (on the GO Vaxx bus in downtown Hamilton), just had to wait for afternoon. I tried at Fortinos Pharmacy to get a shot this morning, but found out the appt protocol is still in effect. No matter, I got a couple of things including the Vileda toilet brush set for bathroom 2 (finally!) and pocket tissue packs. Was stunned to see Fortino's gift card wall had the preset $200 Visa gift card I wanted. I had purchased another variable load card and spent that $7.95 again. Had to get my Presto card loaded at Fortinos; the Shoppers Presto machines were not working-had to give credit to cashier for trying both of them.

I also bought some items for local food bank as I saw appeal on Twitter. Kind of blew budget (intended $40 but was closer to $58 and change) but glad I did it. Shoppers had my seaweed snacks and Perrier too-had to get them.

Once I got my Visa card activated, I placed a couple of orders on two wishlists. Then discovered I needed an Amazon account (no guest checkout). Wow, does Amazon know how to get people like me to get on-board their free trial Prime membership-at every step at checkout I said no until I saw how much shipping was going to be (over $20) in the first order. I quickly hit the free trial button and carried on. Also discovered that Marketplace (third party vendor) items on gift registries cannot be sent to gift recipients. Seems that is something anyone planning on creating a registry on Amazon Canada needs to keep in mind. I was disappointed I could not fulfill one item request due to that stipulation so decided on alternate category items to fill in for the item I could not send. Then thinking of Prime Video, I signed for the free trial membership (anyone reminded of the BMO tv ad-Explain Catflix?) and also Stack TV (Free Trial). Now I have to figure out how I'll watch 100s of hours of Vanilla Ice Project, some series, some movies, animated shorts... Have to unregister the tv too as I linked it so Bro and I might watch that Neon Genesis Evangelion movie together. I'll loan my laptop to friend soon so she can get some time enjoying some content as well.

Last night I visited the outlet store for more snacks, Longos for an exchange and a few groceries plus Winners (got three nesting storage baskets for my room but the larger one might end up as a toy storage or slipper basket-to be determined).

There is a Vileda B1G1 free coupon for Scrunge or dish wand sponges that expired today. If you got the Moneysaver booklet in the mail this week, there is a new trio of Vileda coupons with Dec. 2021 expiry dates plus a SuperPretzel coupon!
    The McDonalds coupon booklet also arrived in the mail today (ON).
    cath007 likes this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Saturday and Sunday were basically still-air days. Sunday, I ran my fan for at least half of the day. What a surprise to experience gusting winds late on Sunday night 5-10min before the rain and thunderstorm (where were they mid-afternoon?). Good soaking for garden. Hope the two large green tomatoes finally redden this week. They seem intent on staying green.
    @Angela273 -will your solar setup be moved to your new place or will it be left on your old house?
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I remembered what I was doing a year ago today and that back door coir mat that says Hello Summer was acquired. Funny how time has flown. I had a Taco Bell meal a year ago and decided to treat myself for dinner on the way home (as I missed my connecting bus).

Intend to do some more weeding this week when temps drop a bit more. Giving myself another day or two to see if vaccine shot after effects ease off (I had some cooling effect, pinched feelings in left arm plus a runny nose all in first 10min after shot. Fortunately no upside down feelings or nausea or headache as yet). Still feeling a bit pins and needles-y in arm and bit sensitive at shot site.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Fortinos digital flyer
    Page 24 b1g1 free prescription glasses/sunglasses offer at locations with optical services. Offer expires on Sept 15 and is for one person (cannot share deal between two people-one prescription per person).

Page 10-4000 PC opt pts offer wub one family size Kelloggs cereal AND one box of Ziploc bags

Fortinos is also doing the 10000 PC Opt pts offer wub $100 combination of Netflix, Door Dash and Uber eats gift cards (expires on Wednesday).
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel21: Glad you got your first shot of vaccine!!!
    Ciel21 likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Decided to help get Ontario to 80% vaccinated level for first dose. Not sure if I can brave a second one or will be able to do it.
    I really disliked how libraries got closed last year. Such an important community place for residents. Don't want a repeat of that ever again.

Thought it was strange last night hearing on news that our province might be considering a vaccine passport. My concern is if one become needed for essential services and say ones I'd expect from local town/municipality, it's going to become yet another divide in our area. Digital divide is real and so is income divide. One thing I've noticed on Twitter is that some Canadians have not had sufficient economic support for each month of pandemic closures or restrictions. It's an election issue as well. So there are people made to hurdle harder just to get through a month without factoring in price hikes or surprise bills or unexpected medical issues.
    cath007 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

August savings total - $734.91
    Coupons used - $64.50
    10% off Tuesday - $6.17
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $5
    PCO - NF - $90
    Air Miles - $70
    Eclipsa - $20.25
    Stuff Sold - $216
    Garden veggies - $133
    Domino’s Pizza Points - $16.50
    Contest wins
    $50gc - Dunrite Glass
    $57 - public library prizes
    $3.61 - single scoop hard ice cream
    Found money - $0.25
    Tim Horton’s Wins - $2.63
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Aug 31st, 2021 at 10:22 PM.
    cath007 and Mags like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30

Thread Information