User Tag List

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hey guys I have a question for you,perhaps you will have some answers:I want to restock a little bit on kleenex and toilet papers...how many year it is safe to keep those without bacteria problems...i readed 3 years but I am not sure....I have 5 packages for now and dont want to purchase some this year so i am thinking to buy more with the royale promo( with sale plus coupons + royale couponsof coarse ,otherwhise not worted) I keep my packages in the spare bedroom -aka storage area

Thanks for your input and answer

yes i wrothe my question at royale but want to know your point of view too. !!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I willl need to renew my bras..that will be fun not....and expensive ..because i read it is a keeper for 2 years

I will call the boutique la vie en rose they only open at 10:00 am to see if they have clearance bras..otherwhise it is 50% and 30% online and i will go there
    dont want to invest to much as my size will change as i want to lost some weight
    3 bras with shipping will be 80$ saving of 80$ i checked the website per curiosity
    sorry I dont trust used value village bras for this

EDIT; Called the store la vie en rose..they have my size ....so off I went with my auntie...but the sale girl said they had many on clearance...hum...I only found in 8 models 2 in my size in clearance ( 10$ saving each not huge) so 20$ x2 and the other more fancy was reg price grrr 50$ ...and with a package of extensions (because the bras are to short ) and darn *&*(&( taxes= 113$..it hurt but they will last ...and I tried it and they fit properly and I have them now no 5 days waiting) you never know if online it fit and it is complicated to refund and it would be in my dad credit card..) now i dont own money i paid with my money

And they dont have the other package of extensions so i will use my old ones for the moment..lol...only the 3 pin ones where in stock..grr

I checked their promo of b1g2 pyjamas or pyjamas shirt...they dont fit ..i tried ..xxl dont fit..and it was 40$ ..so yeah at this price you can have other 2 free...

No manner to be aware of the sale as i dont go to mall often....It was clearance since 2weeks and it desapeared.....wow...subscibed to newsletter at least....not much clearance this year the sale girl said

So .......bras=very expensive

I so miss being slim and la senza who is now closed in our city...the clearance was great in 32 a and cheap...
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Aug 29th, 2021 at 12:27 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath0007 I am not help on paper products, we buy ours at Costco and generally buy Paper Towel and Kleenex twice a year and Toilet Paper probably 3 to 4 times a year when needed.

We do not use a lot of Paper Towel, I have microfiber clothes all over the house for cleaning. Even for the flood clean up we bought J-Clothes and used those vs all our paper towel.

Our big use of Paper Towel is food prep, I use it for our veggies and bread products.

As for getting flyers I remember reading somewhere that all Loblaw Banner stores were no longer going distribute flyers they would only be available online or instore. I am not sure what flyers we get and do not get as when Covid started I cancelled my local paper so no paper flyers for me.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am not sure if it is the heat or maybe it is just life but I am really struggling with sleep right now. I am not falling asleep as early as I would like at night and find myself sleeping in because I am still so tired in the morning. Thinking I might try doing a sleep reset this week. For me sleeping in is 7 am but with my work schedule getting up at 5 am is best but 6 am is my normal wake up time.

I enjoy getting up at 5 am as when I get up at 5 am I can have what I call a slow start to my morning. I can get up, enjoy my cup of tea and just take some time for myself before I need to jump into my day head first.

Not sure much will get done today, it is supposed to be another hot one. Thinking today will be me, a fan and my laptop and get caught up on all the work things. I actually have less to do than I expected so that is good, gotta find the positives.

It looks like it cools off this week so I will leave the housework for when the cooler temps roll in.

Have a great Sunday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley : Good morning

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning to all the others too hahaha !!!!
    Today i taking it easy,since I have now busy week to my schedule
    Will try to order more requested email coupons...I want my mailbox full
    And maybe going to iga for a few things..keep in it minimal
    Where the saturday did go lol
    Enjoy your day,here it is perfect not to hot temperature and the sky is cloudy so maybe rain. 16 degres this morning

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Went to la vie en rose with my auntie(see other post) and after she wanted to go to linen chest...beautiful store but so expensive..not in my budget......I checked the slow cooker (crockpot)price and expensive and they only sale ricardo one(and my marraine ) auntie said to me she has bad review so no....I will rethink about that...because she was shopping for a new one(her crockpot (brand) slow cooker stopped working after 14 years...(contact problem).

And she said to me with internet she pay 40$ per month for her cellphone...I found a article about the forfait and the price but i will think about that..it is not urgent.
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Aug 29th, 2021 at 03:17 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

QOTD: Do you think it is correct to ask some money for learning couponning basic.me a big nooooooooooooo
    A girl post in our city forum a formation in couponning for 50$...wow
    It is abusing the people for me
    We learn by sharing not asking money..she saw a opportinuty to make money and she did...i wonder if this is legal..she have her website with sale products..wow...she is abusing people..maybe people think it is a good investment i dont know...people are ready for everything for saving money

example she sell a binder with plastic pockets 30$ at dollorama diy one would cost less than 10$ lool
    sorry for my question rant
    JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon all.
    while we were shopping yesterday, i needed to pick up my big dogs special hip and joint dog treats. typically i buy them every 3 weeks. .. when i do my big shop.. they had 2 tiny bags... eek... i was tld it was a supply chain issue and likely not to be resolved for a few months. that was not good news... so .. i went online and found them at the second store.. we went this am .. i shelve cleared.... i never shelve clear... but i did that. i have them all stored high up.
    we are good for 2 an a half months... after that.. it is going to get interesting.. i have different options... and we will explore those if needed..

ok.. after, we picked up hubbies meds...
    and home now..

a friend posted something online.. early readers books... 10 for 10.00 ... fab price.. ususally about 5-7 each i grabbed a 10 , and sent hubby over.

onto housework .. i have a bunch to get done...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@cath007 I too had to replace my bras recently. I planned to do it last spring but then Covid hit. I was lucky that I found the right band size so I did not need an extender. Thanks to Covid I am now at 40 or 42. All the 38 make me feel like I can’t breathe.
    today is the younger sons 18th birthday. He went to lunch with friends and then is out with family tonight. My mom is going to drive down to join us. It’s super hot today and it was looking like rain but I decided to brave it and out the laundry on the line so now I am watching the sky closely. I picked up groceries for Freshco after I found a 100.00 gift card I had forgot about. August and September are spendy months with all the bdays so this was a nice surprise.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Picked up my sister's puppy and our dog is totally fine with her. They have only met a few times My dog really likes the treats my sister sent lol. I usually only give my dog natural homemade treats but a few won't hurt her...hopefully. She is a healthy soon to be 11 years old so it is working for her.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Trust me I am so not a breakfest person anymore..I will try to resolve the problem but I found in my fb newsfeed 10 easy muffins recepies so will give them a try when i will have time.They look very easy and pretty good!!! I cannot share so sorry they are in french I am so craving a good tasting carrots muffins recepie

I subscribed to the newsletter of deal of smart canuck otherwhise no one post them in the deal and samples and i miss those

Yeah about bras...I think i made the good decision to not ordering online...one of my friend order online and it never fit (penningtons) so .........now i dont have the hazzle to return them and bla bla bla lol
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Aug 29th, 2021 at 03:38 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Grrr...I would love this day to finish...not a frugual day at all...my budget hurt so much ....
    Portable computer have a problem of being to hot so I had to go purchase a tablet with a fan.......staples 50$
    Did the royale promo at SDM ..I am waiting my approbation e-mail..I spend 20,19$ before coupon on 2 receipt ..hope that is ok and the pictures are not too blurry...
    I got 9 boxes of kleenex with the deal (6 at 0,99$ other 3 @1,09$ plus taxes..no hazzle at all..very pleased)
    And 2 bathroom paper towel @5,49$ x 2 minus 2x2$ coupons
    Per chance at maxi and cie I did not paid the taxes with my fpc purina..wm charged me taxes last time..I was so pissed....it is like 8$ i lost...

off to dinner something simple ,shower and get ready for my week.
    Have a good evening and night!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Aug 29th, 2021 at 08:54 PM.
    JadeAngel, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh my goodness i wont stay on long as my computor is in a bedroom on the top floor -way too hot today -i just hd a cold shower and it really didnt help.

I watched ashlyn and sebastian today neigbour let us use her pool for an hour .Well my daughter is all moved into her rental in toronto today she will move out friday as she has to have internet to work and they cant set up til next sat for her .My son and her ex helped move her ,my hubby was the uhaul driver .

Cant wait til monday i will be babysitting all 3 kids at my son,s cool house,while daughter will work from my hot home and hubby will watch our new air and furnace being put in cant wait !!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have a offer at maxi and cie who finish september 1..It is 12500 pc points wub 125$. not having to be in a single transaction so i go 2 time a week .I am 20$ short but will do it ....Dad need milk and maybe a steak and I want ficello( the shelves was empty today grr and the yoplait tubs too .., people are aware of the price and pm with wm) anywat that will put me to a 30$ redemption so totally worthed...I dont get often those offer of x points wub x$...hope to receive my laughing cow cheese coupons on time ,fingers crossed !!!
    JadeAngel, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information