User Tag List

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Another busy weekend. We hosted work friends Friday night after I spent the day helping my aunt with her garage sale and I found a few things I needed as well. Saturday I went paddle boarding late in the day and it was gorgeous. I went alone for the 1st time and it’s so relaxing. DH brought a book and enjoyed sitting on the shore. Today we have a last minute invite to a friends for dinner which I quickly accepted. All our kids have plans so it’s just adults. Now to decide if I need groceries.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. went to a small local farmers market. prob wont be back.. it was very very small. ran into no frills to get stuff... the market was very small. ... got a few items... found washing soda, and borax... i use them to make a washing additive... removes all stains. and q tips on sale. grabbed those.

hubby needed a wifi adaptor so he ran and grabbed that.
    home now.. laundry going..
    finished up swagbucks.

on to cleaning the kitchen . .. it needs some serious love.
    supper is burgers and corn on the cob...
    left overs tomorrow night.

sent youngest a link for a plug in flash light. she cannot find any . told her i would pay for it. we have them in our house... power goes out.. the flash light automatically turns on. i am totally willing to buy that for her.

any hoo.. off to clean the kitchen... sigh...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I had a hard lesson to always ask the supervisor when you are not agree with a cashier words i did not ...and it is my fault
    but the cashier at maxi said no more pming and coupons togheter it is one or another ....grrr and i ask her to repeat that 3 time..she said she did it before and got critic.....so i lost 4$ by not using my coupons (cavendish fries 1$and all day breakfest 2$and iogo yogurt...1$. after when i got home i was so pissed that i asked the question if some people get problem at my maxi on fb french couponning group...and no problem at all..I was sceptic so called maxi and the cashiers...nuts..she was in disease holliday so was not aware...like yeah..no impressed...but this is a brag of himself that i phoned..because i do a lot of pm and coupons to have close to free products...

sorry for the brag -rant.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Huh I just noticed I forgot to purchase gatorade on sale at maxi..well I have until wednesday and they dont carry and iga seems not too the variety pack of fritos lays i want...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just picked 100+ lbs of apples from our tree-time to rest and cool off. Sharing lots with family and friends.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

kitchen is finally done. lots of love given. laundry still needs to be finished. prob do it tonight. fold and put away tomorrow.

i decided i am going to start fall cleaning early. i have it down to a art form at this point. but .. smaller family , means less stuff needed... so a good .. use up declutter will also be done.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So glad I posted my special k cereal brag and i tought the b2g1 promo was finish and was sad...so it is not i got the response in the brag section...so i will have 2 other fpcs if the submit work (my last 2 because i requested 3 before) ....so happy more cereal and maybe i will take another variety for me...I really hope it work the receipt is long and I taken 2 pictures...
    So if you still have receipts the promo is extended until august 31 date of purchase must be before that.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

thanks @flemeth for pointing the other promo of 5$ giftcard deal of cereals was extended to september 24 as I just checked the other promo.I will maybe do this deal to with sale and coupons.Make sure to check the participating familial boxes to get it!!!
    https://kelloggskeepordonate.ca/

I have a qc deal in mind,hope it will work because that would be cheap cereals for me
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Aug 22nd, 2021 at 08:52 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today we painted the long living room/dining room wall in the new house. It’s the last major thing to paint at this house. We moved more stuff from the other house. We moved more stuff and furniture. I sold some more kids clothes and sold the bunk beds. I’m not counting the bunk beds in my money saved category because I basically sold it for the amount that I paid for it only 8 months ago. I’m happy with basically breaking even on it.

Dh goes back to work tomorrow. I still have a list of things to accomplish between the two houses. Our children have dental cleanings booked this week and they head back to school on September 1. I still need to get our twins to try on their clothes from the bins, which they are growing into. Need to finish organizing and buying school supplies. I have a lot of the items already, but I need to finish it. Get the kids to try on shoes and figure out if they need new indoor runners again. The lists just keep going. I try to prioritize and tackle some stuff each day.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Aug 23rd, 2021 at 02:42 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I think and hope I fixed the issue problems with my computer for printing..I got rid of programs and put another one that seems to work.I was able to print.
    Metro sells the variety pack of lays but they are a little bit more expensive at least in their website
    Have a good night|

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

https://kelloggs.websaver.ca/en/kell...ndsave/coupons
    gogogo
    free boxe of rice krispies squares (dont show for me because i just did ordering it)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks cath-just ordered ,i dont own a printer so i rely on these mail to home coupons along with what i find in stores.

Daughter asked me if i wished to go on a strenuous hike with her before she starts work for the day -no thanks .My arthritis is starting to act up again .

Just had a lovely bath and will give myself a pedicure ,i am hoping to see my older brother today (not visit his appt but go to my nefew's around the corner and visit him as his health is deteriorating )

Loving hanging the clothing out saving on dryer .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Aug 23rd, 2021 at 12:49 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

So I bought 4 famillial box of special k vanilla almond cereals reg: 7,79$ at maxi and cie pm provigo for 4,99$ used 4x1,00$ coupons so if I get approuved I will get 2 x5$ giftcard(see in deal promo extended)...I am waiting my confimation e-mail so ffinal cost 1,50$ per box
    Yeah I just regret to not have did the promo before and with the 2$ any kellogs coupons on websaver in t he time that would have been awesome but not bad!!!
    EDIT; I got the succesfull email within 30 minutes that my submission when good that is fast!

I am stocked...so i will maybe redo this deall i am not sure

other brag item at maxi where:
    Another PC Meat lasagna pm provigo 4,99$ member price(only 1 left on the shelve after I taken mine ..lol)
    Cheetos 3,00$-0,50$ =2,50$(tasty rewards)
    Fruite juice @1,78$ x 2 minus 2x0,75$ coupons=1,03$ each bottle
    and cavendish patatoes all day breakfest pm 1,97$ gt-minus 2,00$(printable)=+0,3$
    cavendish fries pm 1,97$ minus 1,00$ coupon(printable)=0,97$
    wish i that i could print more coupons to this deal and the freezer have not place ..grr

the cashier was great with that!
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Aug 23rd, 2021 at 11:59 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just ordered a few more clothing for the grandkids for summer ,sebastian left his swim trunks in montreal plus they were 8 years old from his older cousin ,so swim trunks for him ,a dress for ashlyn and shorts for cara -i know what they need for school as i do their laundry when i am babysitting .

My son posted a few pictures on instagram (my daughter showed me) and both the girls have life jackets on as they are staying at a cottage near peterborough with friends and the 4 girls (both my granddaughters and their friends daughters are the same age ,so that is nice)

My daughter just treated me to "rustic reuben " sandwiches from James street .She had it uber delivered such a nice treat the chicken wrap i had was huge ,nice real chicken (not crappy fast food) with a small, ceasar salad of course my hubby is so picky he had just the fries .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Aug 23rd, 2021 at 03:18 PM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quite a day here. I spent the day staining our deck and my wife defended her thesis and now I have to call her Doctor! LOL ... oh well - like I said quite a day!

Too many degrees between us for early retired folk! Tonight it is champagne and hot dogs to celebrate!!!

Go Team!!

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information