User Tag List

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2180Likes

Thread: August 2021 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Nice and sunny out. Plugging away at my work so I can start the weekend!!

Have to drop the dog off at my sister's later today as my niece wants her for the weekend. She will be good and tired when she returns home after a weekend with a 7 year old and puppy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Finally brought back the recycling bin full of beer cans from DS. $10.50 into my Slush fund I don't mind bringing them back in exchange of Chinese food

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-don't forget to eat. Not exactly frugal but I picked up a room AC at Costco this morning-they have been out of stock forever and it has been so hot. We used to get about 5 hot days per summer and I think we have already had about 15 over 30 C so time to get one for the bedroom. There were perhaps a dozen and the lady said they would likely all sell within a couple of hours-glad I saw a guy wheeling 2 out when I arrived or I probably would not have thought to look.

We are expecting overnight company tomorrow and then quarantining my husband away from others for 10 days to make sure he doesn't get sick before his upcoming hip replacement. I think August will be very busy around here.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

3 pieces of admail in today's post-. Hamilton SCers-you can score a free Armor All Cleaning kit (car cleaning wipes and glass wipes) wug any oil change from Mr. Lube (not including locations at Walmart). Coupon is in the August 2021 Mr Moneysaver booklet and it expires on Sept.12.

My Nordstrom order got cancelled as item sold out before the website got updated. Expecting refund on my card in the next few days.

I missed the Canada-Sweden women's soccer game except for the penalty shoot-out. That was some action! #GOLD

There's a light breeze to offset the obvious flat heat of the daytime (but a group of blue jays got testy an hour ago and were really agitated by something). Yes, this is definitely peach-eating season. Plan to buy fruit tonight (no one got peaches last night). I made a veggie juice to use up the celery and one apple and a carrot. Off to get some zzz's.

Closing ceremony for the Games will air at 6am tomorrow!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Had a friend drop buy this afternoon outside anti-vaxer .Well my daughter came down after her meeting and decided to debate with her(she is so sick of anti-vaxers and i dont wish to have a 4th wave) ,the friend said thats fine .We sat distanced but i believe she is going with what her hubby wants .uggggg

When i told my son he said i dont discuss politics or covid with anybody,but then again my daughter is the out spoken one .

We have the house to ourselves -no noise at all,as sebastian has gone to his dad's and my daughter went out to a patio for supper with a co-worker.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    When i told my son he said i dont discuss politics or covid with anybody,but then again my daughter is the out spoken one .
    Your son is wise.

Just switch the words 'religion' or 'politics' with 'CoVid' and you can understand why so many people find any such discussion impolite. Just avoid it in polite company. You wouldn't want anyone to push their religion on you and vice-versa.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and Ciel21 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Whoops-too early for the closing ceremonies! They occur SUNDAY at 6am. However, some live events are on. Equestrian jumping, anyone?

At least I am ready for the day and have my chicken & broccoli Sidekicks for breakfast!

No sign of overnight rain. Some birds were chirping at about 5:40am so the trees must have started to release oxygen.
    Giseledta and JadeAngel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was trying to do all of the things yesterday but it was not going well. So I decided yesterday to just focus on work as I did not want to have to work this weekend. There were a number of things I had to get done so if I did not get them done yesterday I would have had to get them done over the weekend. The joy of being in a department of me, myself & I LOL.

I did get a few small things done, dishwasher emptied, reloaded and dinner made. Yes, making dinner is now an accomplishment lol.

Today I need to see how much I can get done, it is supposed to be hot today so that may hamper my plans a bit but we will see how far I can get. I need to finish off the basement, clean the floor and make the basement a workable space again and then I need to do the same on the main floor. You really do not realize how much something like a flood can effect everything and turn everything upside down. \

Have a great Saturday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I did some thrift store clothes shopping in Vancouver-got a blouse and a Tilley shirt( which I think are quite pricey) for $28 with no tax. Turns out both my SIL and I like to hit up thrift stores on vacation so we went in 5.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I did some thrift store clothes shopping in Vancouver-got a blouse and a Tilley shirt( which I think are quite pricey) for $28 with no tax. Turns out both my SIL and I like to hit up thrift stores on vacation so we went in 5.
    My people! Lovely to know that you found something to take home!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

@Ciel21 - Jollibee Hamilton is opening a store.

Ontario Mobile Kitchen (Coming Soon)

999 Upper Wentworth St,
    Hamilton, ON L9A 4X5
    (365) 795 0044
    Hours: 10am – 9pm

It is already listed in their store locator at the Jollibee Canada website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Managed a grocery trip to Longos to get the much wanted peaches and 2 small watermelons plus a few other things. Could only find 2 of the 4 Longos varieties of hamburger buns so steak spice came home with me (I would have liked a package of sweet potato buns as well but did not see them). The buns taste so good chilled as a snack! Did not stop at Giant Tiger to look for the peach pie, as the temp was rising and I wanted to get home while I could with trusty shopping cart.

Jumping event-At least two horses balked mid-way through the course before a gate. It was something. Noticed how many horses were actively shaking their heads but not all of them stalled, they jumped (some well, some knocked down posts). One horse even dropped a horseshoe; the rider was greeted at the end by a blue jacketed official with the horseshoe.

Did a small load of laundry but will hang it in the basement. Weather is supposed to get wet and stormy soon and I'm not game for hanging stuff outside then having to haul it all in. Will go upstairs and give the floor a quick mopping and deal with my forgotten lettuce!

Managed to slice and to trim one watermelon for the fridge container, so we are set for the next couple of days of cool snacks, along with the peaches. Keep cool and hydrated today, everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

@JadeAngel I think the kitchen opened Thursday. There were no hours posted when I checked on Tuesday and the chain fencing did not seem encouraging or indicative of an open business. But it's thrilling to have Jollibee in Hamilton! I should call them and ask about pies!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

discovered i can add my cineplex gift cards to my cineplex 0nline accout.. and watch movies. we are going to watch fast and furious 9 or what ever the new one is ....lol. the gc was a gift from pre covid. so that will go to my use it up challange.

did a rcss shop. ...
    63200 pc pts, .20 caddle, .7.50 co51, .50 ecipsa. and signed up for recipt hog... trying that. also .. saved 8.00 on price matching.

plan for today... mini house clean. spend time with my girls. and a movie.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon-went on a hilly trail hike this morning with daughter 50 minutes ,the 2 hills were hard .See mom you could do this 6 days a week as you are retired is the comment i got when we finished .lol

Just chillin talking with daughter by the kiddie pool -she is tanning in it and cooling off just my feet .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Aug 7th, 2021 at 04:51 PM.
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information