User Tag List

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1972Likes

Thread: November 2021 Frugal Chatter thread (& reading the weather skies)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I finished my irish puzzle -wow that was challenging but fun .

I went over to shoppers seniors day spent over 50.00 and got a 10.00 promo for next time .I have been pushing a get a 1,000 points for every 5.00 spent on toys offer for weeks now and i just used it

a board game for grandson "sloth in a hurry" a charade type game voted one of the best toys 22.99-20%=18.39-3,000 points=15.39-i cant wait to play this when we visit him and my daughter after the holidays .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i need a good .. pc point offfer for toys at rcss. i am also watching for a kitchaid mixer... ctire has one for 329... i think i can do better priced...

i have been doing a ECE seminar.. it has my wheels certainly turning.. lots and lots of ideas, and concepts..

i am in a less is more kind a mood... sold 1 toy already.. stuff going to donation..

i am going to do a bunch more this weekend... hmmm. a plan is forming.. hmmm
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

On Tuesday at Sobeys I found some packages of meat with $10, $5, and $1 store discount coupons on them. I picked out the smallest package of chicken drumsticks with the $10 off coupon on it. It wax also 10% off Tuesday. I paid $5.85 for 1.5kg of chicken drumsticks and they’re lean. I currently have them baking in the oven.

We ordered and paid for a new dishwasher from The Brick nearly 2wks ago. The Bosch dishwasher that we ordered was on sale, but it is on back order. The employee from The Brick left me a message this afternoon. He notified us that the dishwasher won’t arrive until March 2022. He offered that we could order a different dishwasher, but no compensation was offered for the crazy wait.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -wow insane wait time for dishwasher.My neighbour needed a new washer in sept ,lowes told her 3 weeks ,so she went with home depot and it was 2 weeks.

I am soooo excited my sweet ashlyn loves the addams family with a passion ,not the older one i watched as a kid . The gap has boys shirts and the addams family is one of them long sleeve ,mind you it is the older characters,but i know she will love it.So iordered it from the gap with a long sleeve top for me and leggings for ashlyn .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sadly this is the reality right now, everything is delayed. Most of it sitting on Containers in the Ocean and you will probably be hard pressed to find anyone willing to offer a discount or compensation for delays right now because they are out of their hands.

Another big factor in almost all delays is metal, all types of metal are hard to get right now, everything from Aluminum to Steel and you do not realize that one or the other is in most products we buy. Just last week a co worker was telling me how they could not get a new computer until 2022 because they do not have the metal to make the chips that go inside the computer.

I was reading an article last night that said expect current supply change shortages to last another 12 to 18 months. It was also saying how 2022 will be worse because it is going to get worse before it gets better.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and out again to cover a manager, this time I knew about this last week so it was scheduled in.

Last night after work I went to Costco because at this point I was not sure of another day I could go other than the weekend and this weekend I already have a lot I want to get done around the house. I am so over my pantry being in shambles and not being able to find anything so this is high on the list but no top of the list. A few other more day to day living things are at the top of the list.

I ended up getting a few extras at Costco but for the price how could I say no:
    Worcestershire was on sale $2 off I believe it was $4.99 for the big bottle
    Allergy Pills were $4 off $14.99 for 200 count so I grabbed two boxes
    Vic Vapour $2 off $7.99 for a two pack of the large jars
    Peanut Butter Chips - Not on sale but only had a few bags sitting with regular Chocolate chips $12.49 for the big bulk bag
    Asparagus $2 off - $5.99 for a big bag

Then the things we needed:
    3 x Cheddar Cheese
    2 x Mozzarella Cheese
    1 x Whipping Cream
    1 x Celery
    1 x Zucchini
    1 x Smoked Paprika
    1 X My Bread
    1 x Mom's Bread
    1 x Naan
    1 x Lemons
    1 x Ricotta

I feel like there was more but this is all I can think of right now. We will still need to our Christmas shopping but Mom will come with me for that shop. I am so not ready for Christmas but I think it is time to start planning, Normally I do homemade gifts but this year is going to be a little bit more difficult because one of our family member's has become vegan which really limits things like even anything Chocolate is a no-no because Chocolate has dairy in it.

Happy Friday everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!! Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

DS moved his stuff out of the garage so I am able to park in there now Will sweep it out tonight and get it ready for winter.

I did a load of laundry last night and hung it to dry. Will put it away tonight and put another load on to keep up on it.

Booking some vacation days next week. Now to plan some fun.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Mopping the floors today ,i dont want to wear myself out as i want to have energy to go to grandson's .My daughter said we will go to the park in the afternoon for a bit ,i love fall my favourite time of the year.

Oh and started a new puzzle today ,when i am done this one will post for sale the few i have done.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is a no school day for students and since I’m still a substitute teacher I have the day off work without pay. I’m still having trouble getting ahold of certain businesses and organizations to officially change our mailing address. I’ve been on hold with my credit card company for 40min and I’m still waiting to speak with a human being.

So far the weather isn’t as nice as forecast, but I’m hopeful that it’ll warm up and the clouds will clear. Dh is at work and I’m home with all 3 of our children. I have a list of random things to try to accomplish today since it’s a business day and I can hopefully get ahold of some hard to reach places.

edit: It took 1.5hrs before a credit card employee answered the phone. Glad that’s finally updated and she unlocked their defective credit card app too.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Nov 5th, 2021 at 01:59 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and out again to cover a manager, this time I knew about this last week so it was scheduled in.

Last night after work I went to Costco because at this point I was not sure of another day I could go other than the weekend and this weekend I already have a lot I want to get done around the house. I am so over my pantry being in shambles and not being able to find anything so this is high on the list but no top of the list. A few other more day to day living things are at the top of the list.

I ended up getting a few extras at Costco but for the price how could I say no:
    Worcestershire was on sale $2 off I believe it was $4.99 for the big bottle
    Allergy Pills were $4 off $14.99 for 200 count so I grabbed two boxes
    Vic Vapour $2 off $7.99 for a two pack of the large jars
    Peanut Butter Chips - Not on sale but only had a few bags sitting with regular Chocolate chips $12.49 for the big bulk bag
    Asparagus $2 off - $5.99 for a big bag

Then the things we needed:
    3 x Cheddar Cheese
    2 x Mozzarella Cheese
    1 x Whipping Cream
    1 x Celery
    1 x Zucchini
    1 x Smoked Paprika
    1 X My Bread
    1 x Mom's Bread
    1 x Naan
    1 x Lemons
    1 x Ricotta

I feel like there was more but this is all I can think of right now. We will still need to our Christmas shopping but Mom will come with me for that shop. I am so not ready for Christmas but I think it is time to start planning, Normally I do homemade gifts but this year is going to be a little bit more difficult because one of our family member's has become vegan which really limits things like even anything Chocolate is a no-no because Chocolate has dairy in it.

Happy Friday everyone
    Just a quick note to say that chocolate does not contain dairy. Dark chocolate anyway 😎

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    We made similargoals ... good for you! The weird thing is that everytime, I promise myself to really cut back, I spend money on groceries or a few clothes to make sure we're stocked up. Just put in an order at Marks WW lol.
    Ok I just rec'd my Cdn money from Mark's WW and I don't feel that bad anymore...40.00 I just about fell over. We spent what some people would spend on a pair of jeans. We purchased 2 mens tshirts on clearance, 2 pairs of high end leggings, 1 pair of mens jeans and 1 woman's blouse.

Now I have to wonder/ask that question.. Can I earn more points with a points redemption at Cdn Tire.. curious Thanks in advance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Tgif !!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh my goodness what a day.

I was covering a manager no big deal. The location I was in today is on a major road and it is under construction. We own a whole city block and our driveway could be seen as a cut through to avoid the busy intersection. So to stop this we have put up barriers in the middle of the driveway because when people cut through they do it at a high rate of speed and it is not safe.

Today we hit a whole new level, we had to open the barrier for a truck to pick up a bin from us well doing this all chaos broke loose and of course I was in the parking lot. We ended up with a lineup of people trying to get in so we were trying to clear a path and then it happened. Someone cut through at a high rate of speed and got frustrated by the roadblock (the truck picking up the bin, a tractor trailer waiting to back into our docks & a customer waiting to get through) he tries to pull a U-Turn and go between a truck and some cars and hits a car. Thankfully no major damage and no one was hurt.

I had enough the driveway was full we had a truck driver securing a load, it was lunch time and some of our staff were trying to get to there cars so I blocked off our end of the driveway and as soon as everyone was where they needed to be the middle barrier went back up.

Later I went to the other end of the building to find out our staff put up a third barrier because people were getting to the middle barrier and pulling a u-turn and not paying attention to other cars or people so they put up another barrier so they can just pull in and park in the far end of our parking lot where we have customer parking.

We have signs up that it is private property, we have speed bumps but it does not stop people. They go flying through so fast, it is insane.

Normally by the time I leave the construction has stopped but not tonight. I sat at the lights through 4 light changes and no one could go anywhere literally not a single car moved in 15 minutes. Luckily my brother showed me years ago a back way out so I went that way but even going that way the traffic was insane.

Originally I had planned to stop and grab a few groceries locally that are on sale but by the time I got home I was done. I filled my car with gas came home and curled up on the couch with a blanket. I am so done for today.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    A bit of a slow start to my day, I was up early 5 am but took me awhile to get moving. I hung out in bed, did some reading and just relaxed listening to the silence of the early morning.

I have quite a bit to get done this weekend so I need to get at it shortly.

I am craving some soup so I was thinking of making one to have in the fridge for lunches. I went on Pinterest but so far nothing is really jumping out at me. If I do not find something might just go with Broccoli Cheddar, we have not had that one in awhile.

I still have a ton of apples to use up so some baking is in the plan for today as well.

I am feeling a little behind today as I thought I would get some time yesterday well I had my lunch to do my meal plan and make a plan for the weekend but I forgot we were celebrating a co-workers bday so we had a little pizza party instead which was nice. She is one of our newer staff members and it was nice getting to know her a little better.

Now I need to make my meal plan, plan my ingredient prep and see what all I can get done this weekend, plus I have a couple work things I did not get done so those will need to be tackled as well. The joys of being in a department of me, myself & I is if something isn't done it is on you, although honestly it is a good and bad thing sometimes I enjoy the fact I get to just do things and not wait on others to get their parts done.

Time to get organized and tackle the day.

Happy Saturday everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

Dropped DS off at work and then stopped to grab a few groceries. Grabbed 2 peameal chunks and have one sliced up and cooking now. Also cooking up ground beef to make taco meat. Food ready for DS to eat.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information