User Tag List

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1764Likes

Thread: January 2022 Frugal Chat, here we go again.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Most of Christmas has been removed. Tree is still up and I will do that Monday as I am still off work. DH is feeling crappier today but said he has had worse colds. It’s all in his throat so we can assume it’s omicron. Just did a rapid on the younger son at his request as he said his throat felt funny. I had the same thing yesterday and was negative so I tested him and he is negative. I think just being in proximity to someone with Covid is making us a little crazy.
    Next I am sorting the linen closet as the number of tea and dish towels has got a little out of hand. Then I will do the 2021 year end finance tracker and set up 2022. Being stuck at home is super productive.
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 7 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Uggg, not sure what happened woke up at 5 am was totally ready to get up and start my day but somehow fell back asleep and did not get up until 7 am. Woke up with a massive headache and my neck and shoulders really hurting.

I need to tackle the kitchen. Went to clean up after dinner and did no realize the dishwasher was almost full and not run so only a few dinner dishes fit in. We ran the dishwasher last night so now I need to empty and reload. There will also be a few hand dishes to do done.

Yesterday I made a Pineapple upside down cake, pulled some frozen pineapple from the freezer and used a cake mix as the cake part.

I wanted to get some baking done and in the freezers today but we will see, right now it all depends on this headache going away.

Happy Monday Everyone
    barbis9, lilo0003, crafter and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well off to a good start this morning.

DH took the dog out for a walk, I dusted off my yoga mat and tried a yoga session on ifit. My dog gets so excited when I get the mat out, it's a little crazy to exercise at the beginning with licks and hugs. It wasn't long before I was saying "hey downward dog!"

I have a load of laundry going..it's sunny in our living room so dusting and vaccuming will be on the docket for this room anyways. I need to try to distract my dog long enough to clip his front claws" they are super long

I'm hoping to convince DH to agree to chili for dins tonight (he gets tired of it but I could literally eat it every meal)...we will most likely have tuna sandwiches for lunch.

Have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ontario does back into a modified stage 2 on Wednesday:

The new restrictions announced today also include:

• Indoor dining at restaurants and bars closed.
    • Only outdoor dining, takeout, drive through and delivery permitted.
    • Social gathering limits reduced to five people indoors and 10 people outdoors.
    • Retail stores, malls and personal care services limited to 50 per cent capacity.
    • Saunas, steam rooms, and oxygen bars closed.
    • Capacity at weddings, funerals and religious services limited to 50 per cent capacity per room.
    • Outdoor services must have two-metre distancing between all attendees.
    • Employees must work remotely unless their work requires them to be on site.
    • Gyms and other indoor recreational sport facilities closed, except athletes training for the Olympics and Paralympics and certain professional and elite sports leagues.
    • Outdoor facilities are permitted but with a 50 per cent capacity limit on spectators.
    • Museums, galleries, zoos, science centres, historic sites, amusement parks, festivals and other attractions closed.
    • Outdoor establishments allowed with restrictions and capacity limits.
    • Indoor meeting and event spaces closed with limited exceptions, except those with outdoor spaces, which can operate with restrictions.

The new measures will come into effect on Wednesday, Jan. 5 at 12:01 a.m.

Also schools move to online learning for 2 weeks

I had already discussed with Mom for the time being we are well stocked so any grocery shopping will be via Wal-Mart pick-up.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well, life just got turned a little upside down.

Just got a phone call letting me know if all of the staff who will be unable to return to work tomorrow. Not going to lie getting a little stressed now. I had planned a nice ease back into work, monitor my hours, try to keep them reasonable. Now I am covering multiple staff remotely, they do not want me to come in. Since I am remote they want to keep me remote which works for me. It may actually be easier but we shall see.

Kitchen is clean. Dinner is BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps for me, I have some romaine to use up and BBQ Chicken Wings for Mom. We will both have Oven Fries on the side.

Kind of happy I relaxed today vs tackling something around the house.

Deep Breathes, I got this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hello! Woke up to no power. My bestie picked me up and we went out for breakfast and then to Costco
    Came home about 2. House was freezing (temp down to 54) Power back on at 3.

Went to $ store for bread and No Frills for another 5lb case of clemetines for $2.99. We are set for the week.
    I made my sandwich for lunch tomorrow already so I have no excuse tomorrow- Its ready
    ROMEO, walkonby, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Well, life just got turned a little upside down.

Just got a phone call letting me know if all of the staff who will be unable to return to work tomorrow. Not going to lie getting a little stressed now. I had planned a nice ease back into work, monitor my hours, try to keep them reasonable. Now I am covering multiple staff remotely, they do not want me to come in. Since I am remote they want to keep me remote which works for me. It may actually be easier but we shall see.

Kitchen is clean. Dinner is BBQ Chicken Caesar Wraps for me, I have some romaine to use up and BBQ Chicken Wings for Mom. We will both have Oven Fries on the side.

Kind of happy I relaxed today vs tackling something around the house.

Deep Breathes, I got this.
    Really glad to hear that you can work remotely.. even though you'll be busier at work... you don't have the commute. Your quality of life just went up a notch. Hugs

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-i am a little bit crazy about this omicron and i dont live with someone with it but did have a close family member .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well today we decided we are not having our xmas family gathering on jan 16 ,we are sticking to the guildlines .So i decided who cares about a xmas meal i missed its all about my grandkids getting their gifts .

So off to sons we went to give the granddaughters their xmas gifts ,ashlyn loved her addams family shirt and colouring book(i knew she would ) and cara loved her "achoo doll" the doll is so cute she moves her arms and legs andher head lightens to the colour red when she has a fever and her nose gets all red too until you wipe it or feed her her medicine in a plastic pretend bottle.My son came in from work at 6.15 with a pizza for us .Its all about the kids right!

So we will visit our daughter on jan 15 as only 5 area allowed in a house and their will be just us with her and sebastian .Any way i am good with this .My daughter said hopefully we can all get together for my sons birthday end of feb (maybe maybe not we will see)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    lilo-i am a little bit crazy about this omicron and i dont live with someone with it but did have a close family member .
    The younger son actually was sick. Not Covid but a stomach bug that lasted about 2 days. Feels totally fine now. At 3 am I was up cleaning the bathroom and settling him back to bed after he threw up and the 21 year old woke up to see what was happening and said to me “you really are an amazing mom”. Made my day, of course it was 7 am before I fell asleep again. Thankful that today was a day off for me. DH is improving and so far the older son and I feel fine. So still hoping this remains the case. Sadly returning to work tomorrow but as I have done since March 2020, it’s a commute to my basement and for that I am grateful.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I put in an order to canadian tire pick up is wednesday 2 day wait is not bad ,k-cups ,a tobaggan (yes we bought one for when our grandkids are here $19.99 )-licorice all sorts on sale 4.49 (yes why shouldnt we all have the odd treat during this year !)

We took ashlyn tobaganning yesterday -13 for 30 minutes (such fun and so nice to see a few families out with their kids)My son and his wife still need us the odd time on friday for a few hours as this is my daughter-in-laws last day to work (then my daughter-in-law will be off to home school my son will help out as he works shifts on his days off.

My daughter works from home and she told me last night "i wish they gave instructions in the morning an hour on and hour off for sebastian ,then work independly in the afternoon .As she finds it hard to have her meetings and work the odd time with him .I worry most about my oldest granddaughter as she has a learning disability.

I dont get why they dont put retail down a bit more 50% seems quite a bit ,just my opinion .I got another gift card for winners and no i wont be shopping in any store (all online it is for me now)

Here is a rant i wish walmart online shopping gave us a reciept as i cant claim my 1.00 for my bread for gocoupons,but then again still cheaper than using fortinos online.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jan 4th, 2022 at 09:54 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Quiet drive to the office for me this week. Happy this is my week to work in the office so I can get stuff done.

I made a smoothie for my breakfast (my sister gave me 2 awesome cups for them) They keep it cold for hours.

My lunch is my sandwich and 3 clementines. I brought hummus and crackers for an afternoon snack if needed. Dinner will be chicken and veggies.

Tonight I will make overnight oats for my breakfast tomorrow. Going to mix it up so I don't get bored. Also working on laundry tonight and out for a walk.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    As expected today a little insane, a lot going on. Feeling a little overwhelmed but taking deep breathes.

Was up and working at 5:30 this morning trying to get a few things done before the chaos of the day started. Once the cell phone starts ringing I start getting pulled in multiple directions.

I am hopeful I won't have to work late tonight if I just keep pushing through but it is a struggle to get multiple positions caught up after being off for 2 weeks. There is a lot of emails and various things to go through.

Gotta keep pushing through so hopefully I am done at a normal time and can tackle a few things around the house after work.

Happy Tuesday Everyone

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am struggling big time with my sleep.
    melatonin does not seem to work for me.. sigh

any hoo.. goal.. 2 hours between kitchen and dc rooms... then.. finish off the 2 loads of laundry.. and work on my desk.

making qusidillas. for supper and it s garbage and recycling tonight... i should go and get the mail as well
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i am struggling big time with my sleep.
    melatonin does not seem to work for me.. sigh

any hoo.. goal.. 2 hours between kitchen and dc rooms... then.. finish off the 2 loads of laundry.. and work on my desk.

making qusidillas. for supper and it s garbage and recycling tonight... i should go and get the mail as well
    Have you tried going to a walk in the evening before bed? I find this time of year it really helps me sleep!
    barbis9, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information