User Tag List

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1695Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter 2022

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am pretty sure we actually started this thread for the 1st time in a February many years ago, so happy anniversary to us.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Giseledta, ROMEO, harbie and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @lilo0003 for starting the new thread. Even though I was not on it when it started Happy anniversary to everyone who participated.

Time to toss all my expired January coupons. Hoping to find some good ones that my family and the Food bank can benefit from.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, harbie and 6 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Feb 1st! What a nice day out! Apparently the calm before the storm as they said we are expecting winter weather over the next few days in my area.

House tidying today. No shopping. Will dig in the freezer and come up with a plan for dinner. Thinking I will make a homemade mac and cheese as well since it has been awhile since I made it and I have everything on hand to do so.

Have a great day!
    Giseledta, ROMEO, harbie and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cleaned off the junk counter!! Its spotless and beautiful!! Best time to do that is when you have a large garbage bag ready and just toss crap!!!

Next put away clean laundry once I am done my work!
    Giseledta, ROMEO, harbie and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning. I did some vacuuming this morning and now doing some laundry. DH is going to make us an early lunch. Fried ham on a bun and then we'll head over for our haircuts. My hairdresser is off work so DHs hairdresser is doing both our haircuts. DH wasn't thrilled waiting around for my haircut so I suggested that he go to the beer store and pick me up on the way back. He was quite pleased with that plan.

I will then venture out for some shopping this afternoon. I have to exchange/return some items. I picked up an XL packable puff jacket on sale but there is no way that it's the same size/cut as the same sized old one I purchased a couple of years ago from Joe Fresh. I'm hoping that they still have the roasts in stock at Independent and then I'll drop by Giant Tiger and Dollarama.
    No idea what we'll have for dinner tonight. Perhaps some skillet gnocci it always seems to be on for a low price at Independent.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy the sunshine.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning just popped over to shoppers got my 3.29 back overcharge and bought milk (cause dont think i will venture out if its bad weather)

Then to dollarama spent $45.00 found another puzzle there for $4.00 (really great price )plus some high end shampoo thats good for scalp 4.00 so i will try it ,snow carpet 4.00 for when the grandkids come to my house plus various other stuff .Nice clorox dish cloths 3.00 as mine are starting to go .No colouring books for kids so i will keep checking .

Then to sobeys for a few items didnt have my marzetta dip i like ,they exchanged my frozen corn that i bought and it was stale.I also bought a huge snuggle 9.99-2.00 cpn=7.99 and purex 9.99-2.00 cpn=7.99 plus 20 airmiles .

The cashier didnt want to taske the cpn even thou it was for the right size as the picture was for cold water not 3in 1 .In fine print it said for specific size purex only which i bought so she said i cant take it as its not the same picture as on the cpn.I argued my point as i have used cpns for years and then she said "okay this time".uggg
    So i will just pour these big jugs into my smaller purex when it gets empty as thwe big jugs can do a number on my wrists at my age !Se i dont need costco to get the big quantity deals .
    Giseledta, ROMEO, harbie and 7 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl we used to have a store that always pulled the "it has to be one in the picture" which drove me insane. I remember disagreeing with a cashier as she tried to tell me I could buy the flavour shown on the coupon. They refused to read the print on coupons.

They opened a second location and I started shopping at the new location as they were more coupon friendly.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, harbie and 7 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @coupon girl we used to have a store that always pulled the "it has to be one in the picture" which drove me insane. I remember disagreeing with a cashier as she tried to tell me I could buy the flavour shown on the coupon. They refused to read the print on coupons.

They opened a second location and I started shopping at the new location as they were more coupon friendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    The cashier didnt want to taske the cpn even thou it was for the right size as the picture was for cold water not 3in 1 .In fine print it said for specific size purex only which i bought so she said i cant take it as its not the same picture as on the cpn.I argued my point as i have used cpns for years and then she said "okay this time".uggg
    Sadly, I've experienced both examples.

So, what are some other weird experiences others have had with regards to coupons or price-match requests?

One common one for me is Sav-On Foods. They refused to match prices with a store across the parking lot from them because that store was a 'fruit/veggie store' while they were a 'complete grocery store'. So, I walked across the parking lot and got my price. How utterly childish.
    Giseledta, harbie, Purdee and 6 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

my local SOF refuses to pm GT a few blocks away stating GT is not a grocery store. No problem, to RCSS and collect PC Optimum points too.
    NF also refuses to pm GT but RCSS pm GT fine.
    one thing that really bugs me about SOF is their personal offers or app offers, you cannot pm another and get the offer for the exact same item. I have tried all the SOF in my area and got the same NO and they all said i could only get the personal or app offer if i buy the item at THEIR regular price. The funny thing is the item would still be more expensive than buying it at another store. So needless to say I have not shop there in a long time though I really want to get in on their promo - win free groceries for a year but the prices have been keeping me away.
    with RCSS, i can pm another store and still get the PC Optimum points (either advertised and/or personal offer).
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wow the phyto shampoo i got at dollarama for 4.00 is 23.98 on amazon ,it is for sensitive scalps.Just tried it and my scalp feels great .Never know what you will find at dollarama.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@lilo0003 :thank you so much for starting the thread!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$271.79 - January savings total

Coupons - $48.75
    10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys - $9.83
    PC Optimum - No Frills - $40
    Air Miles - $70
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $55
    CO51 - $22.11
    Gift cards - $5 - Dempster’s Sobeys promo
    Stuff Sold - $20
    Tim’s Rewards - $1.10
    Giseledta, ROMEO, harbie and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our regular 4L jugs of Lucerne milk jumped $0.70 in price. Omg! I know the price of dairy products was going up, but this is a substantial increase. It’s approximately $160 a year increase to our grocery bill.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

While we really haven’t been going out for dinner during the pandemic we have occasionally had takeout but we decided to dial that back and try to eat at home exclusively but today we got panago pizza. I was riding the struggle bus today so DH picked up pizza so I didn’t have to worry about dinner. Boy do I love that man <3.
    My week has been completely messed up due to clients contracting Covid so it’s been a tough couple of weeks work wise. Hopefully the spring and summer will improve (fingers crossed)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Given the ongoing increases with groceries I decided to continue the eat from the pantry challenge, of course the reality is eventually you have to stock up again. I am down to my last box of Barilla pasta, I bought a lot back in the day of the 1.00 and .75 cent coupon. It made most of it free or .13 cents a box. How I miss those deals but I timed it perfectly as the last box has a best before date of next month. But it’s still a great way to make sure you rotate your stock.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information