User Tag List

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1695Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter 2022

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Today is my birthday. Dh picked up fresh sushi and a DQ cake for lunch.
    Happy Birthday @Angela273

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Happy Birthday @Angela273
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie -i spent last month $498.09 and that is cleaning products ,food ,a bit of take out like a pizza,wings etc.That is for 2 of us also.I didnt get to stock up or use coupons as that was online shopping at walmart for food as i was dealing with a lot of anxiousness about going in to stores.

Other months i have spent $460-$580 i am sure depending on how much meat i have bought.

During these times of covid it is hard to stock up i got one box this morning of pasta on sale .99.I would have liked more maybe 4 in total ,but it is hard .

I just made a lovely lemon loaf -yummm better than paying 4.99 in stores so fresh .I will freeze a tiny bit for with my cup of tea later in the month.

I also went for a 20 minute walk ,cold but sooo nice and sunny.

oppps just updated total forgot 3 more take outs we had.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Feb 5th, 2022 at 03:55 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ohhhh happy birthday angela -hope you had a great day .

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

grr we did not get our flyers this week....hope this is the only one...per chance we have reebee lol
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 Happy Birthday
    Giseledta, Angela273 and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl when I went to No Frills this week there was a note on the door that advertised items were still in transit. I got lucky and got everything on my list. I did not notice any empty shelves but some shelves were not fully stocked. For example they had beef broth, I got 4 but the shelf was not full like it normally would be during a sale.

When I was at Costco, the only area I really noticed empty shelves was in the spice aisle, it was a little sparse. There were a few things they did not have, they still do not have Crisco, no Hot Dogs and no Regular Ruffle Chips but since Covid started the odd thing here or there out of stock is not unusual. I had heard that meat was hit or miss especially Chicken and Beef but when I was there both were stocked, the bunkers were not full but stocked.

@harbie , we are 2 adults. Pre Pandemic it was $50-$75/week. Just before the pandemic I raised it to $100/week to give us a little bit of room for treats and stocking up. Living though the pandemic our bills have been all over the place, at the height it was about $600 every 4 to 6 weeks as we were mainly shopping Costco. Now that I can shop the sales around we range $300 to $500 a month but it does go up and down depending on the sales. Since we have pretty much completely cut out take-out now, when needed I can move that money to the grocery budget when I see a good sale i.e. a good meat sale. This includes food, cleaning, bathroom, pharmacy.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

homemade pizza is amazing... so amazing...

i made a bit of extra dough..... oldest made enough for lunch for work tomorrow... and 3 homemade pizza pockets...

made 1 kind of sugar cookies..... might make a second kind tomorrow... hmmm
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was not a get it all done type of day. I was having a bit of a day where everything seemed like a lot. I needed to tidy the kitchen, let's be real the dishes never get done on a Friday night, by Friday night I am done. Honestly, there were not a lot of dishes to be done, most went into the dishwasher after I emptied it but just everything felt like a lot of work.

I did get Lemon Breakfast Muffins made, I am still not sure where the Breakfast part comes in, I would call them Lemon Ricotta Muffins but either way we really likes these. The first time I made them Mom was not sure about them but that quickly turned to you can make these again even though we still had half a batch to eat LOL.

Chopped up the Romaine I bought because I know, if it is not chopped and ready to go, we will not eat it.

Today I want to make some Brown Sugar Sour Cream Spice Muffins but I will sub Greek Yogurt for Sour Cream, I have the never ending tub of Green Yogurt. The last 3 times I have used it, I have said the next recipe will finish this tub off and there is still more LOL. It is a good thing but I still have another full tub too.

Thinking I will make some Apple Pancakes, woke up with a craving. Normally 99% of the time I will always choose waffles over pancakes but today I am feeling the pancakes.

Also thinking some cookies, it has been a while since I made some cookies so maybe some cookies, have to decide what kind I want to make.

Have some celery I need to package up, I meant to do this yesterday when I was doing the Romaine but got sidetracked with starting dinner.

Thinking I might pull out a whole chicken and make that for dinner tonight. Do the big Sunday night Dinner, Roasted Whole Chicken, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, and a veg of some sort will have to figure that out later, we have tons of options in the freezer.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all

i have my side gig tonight... its been a long time. but will be nice.

on my ... need to do ..
    paperwork
    vacume playroom
    laundry
    dc prep. ..

hubby and i will prob finish off reacher today. he has a bit of paperwork as well.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning just chatted with my daughter ,yesterday she was visiting a friend and they could hear the horns honking off the DVP.

Off to see the girls this morning cara called on my sons phone"nana can you and poppa come for a visit".I will take them a treat cotton candy grapes i bought at sobeys last week,yes they cost a bit more but were on sale if you had a airmiles card (they are different a tiny bit sweet)

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning everyone,

Going to take advantage of the sunshine and go for a nice long walk with Dh. Laundry can wait. We will ride and do weights later but first the sunshine calls.

I’ll be using the leftover plant based bolognese sauce from last night I made and changing it into chili. Lots of beans, small diced sweet potatoes to balance the spices I’ll be adding and either shredded kale or fresh spinach before serving.

Off to figure out something for breakfast now.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi All!

Went out around 10am and did my running around. Just go home and made some thing quick to eat. Now cleaning out the fridge completely and then putting away the groceries. Meal prepping for next few days. Healthy only. Enough crap. No more garbage food coming into the house.

Then I should deal with laundry but we will see. Not in a laundry mood. Would rather play in the kitchen today!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Got the Brown Sugar Sour Cream Spice Muffins made, they smell so good but have not tried one yet. I am looking for options for non-fruit muffins. I have always preferred fruit muffins, even growing up I never understood why my siblings were so excited for Chocolate Chip, not my thing. But I want/need some other options if we do not have fruit on hand or if I need to make muffins for non fruit lovers.

Pre Covid when I would go into a branch to train someone I would bring baked goods with me. I love to bake and it broke the ice with new staff but with Covid this has been a no-no so I am hoping as restrictions ease I can start doing this again. Plus it gives me an excuse to bake and be in the kitchen which makes me happy.

I made Apple Pancakes, I used Mom's recipe as this is the one I grew up with and I think sometimes I annoy Mom with always finding new recipes on Pinterest. I do not know what I did, I followed the recipe exactly but this time they puffed up, looked like soufflé pancakes but were not light, they came out a bit dense. Still so so good, was really craving the apple pancakes.

I tidied the Kitchen before I started, a few dishes needed to be done from last night (Salad Spinner, love my Salad Spinner, hate cleaning it and the Bread Machine pan from the dough), I cleaned as I went. After Breakfast we put what we could in the dishwasher and it is running now.

Mom decided she does not want to make stuffing, I should really learn how to make stuffing, one thing I have never tackled, but that is okay. We will still have the Roasted Chicken with Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Veg.

I did not get a chance to get the cookies before the Chicken needed to go in so no cookies. We have 2 types of muffins plus I see I have some apples I need to use up so I see an apple crisp in our future.

I think it is time to relax. A new season of Sweet Magnolias was released Friday, we started watching it but realized we needed to rewatch season 1. Think it is time for some binge watching and write my to-do-lists for the week.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Meal prepping almost done.

My breakfast for the next 2 mornings will be egg white omlettes with onion, peppers and mushrooms. Veggies all cut and ready in fridge.
    My dinner for the next 2 nights will be rice bowls with chicken breast with asparagus with green beans and veggie medley.
    Breakfast Wed and Thursday- oatmeal with yogurt and fruit

Tuesday night dinner- Fresh asparagus with garlic shrimp and salad. Will add a few other things for everyone else.

As long as I have a healthy dinner ready for me I don't mind making different stuff for family.

Working on cleaning out the house freezer completely so DS will probably having pasta with meat sauce Wed night since there is a serving of sauce in the freezer to use up. Thurs night thinking naan bread pizza (Naan bread in freezer, open mozz cheese, stick of pepperoni to use up)

There are tons of bags with bits of apps and egg rolls etc. Friday night I am thinking this will be DS dinner with ceaser salad.

We have a plan!!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information