User Tag List

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1695Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter 2022

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well shovelled the front porch ,so much snow here in southern ontario and hubby snow blowed .Wish we had our own snowblower but years ago we gave our neighbour $300 as he asked if we wanted to give him that to have use of the snowblower .
    Now it sometimes is an inconvience as last night he came over opened the garage door at 8.00 p.m just to do a little bit with the snow blower then he couldnt get our garage door closed .So hubby had to get dressed and go out and open it ,it may have been stuck on a small piece of ice (in the corner of door).This was the worst frugal decision we have made .lol

I vaccumed today and did a load of laundry ,now just relaxing -counting down the days when my kids and grandkids will be here next sat feb 12.Happy dance here !

Got an email my dishwasher will be here feb 28 ,so only have to wait a month ,not bad considering.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Feb 4th, 2022 at 02:26 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Daughter got sebastian his second covid needle last night and asked is there any extra that i may be able to get mine "the nurse said sure its moderna ,some people are refusing it " they had extra.So my daughter got to move her booster up with her son .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Feb 4th, 2022 at 06:48 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Went to pick up Mom's car, she has a new battery, yippee.

When we went to go my car told me I had a low tire, so I went to the gas station to fill it up. I love that my car tells me that I have a low tire, it is on of my OCDs but it does not tell me what tire. I put air in one tire but turns out another one also needed air, I think it is the cold. So after we got her car, I went back to put more air in.

The gas station is a couple of plazas away from No Frills so I figure since I was pretty much there anyways, might as well go do out shopping and have it done. I got:
    1 x Pineapple $1.88
    2 x Green Onions $0.89
    1 x Celery $1.99
    1 x Bananas
    1 x Apples 6lb $2.99
    1 x Orange Juice $2.89
    2 x Triscuits $1.77
    2 x Dish Soap $1.99
    4 x Beef Broth $1.69
    4 x Egg Noodles $1.99 PM Food Basics

We are now well stocked up. Got some good fresh options.

Now to make a meal plan and figure out my meal/ingredient prep for the weekend.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Hi all.
    long and busy week . good week... but busy. i am looking forward to have a slow weekend.
    i need to do a few things to make next week go ... smoother... not sure if that is the word.

i need to do a SDM run tomorrow.. veggies and fruits i had delivered this week .
    i have the menu for the next month pretty much done. tomorrow is pizza.

i do need to fiddle around and make sugar cookies... heart shaped ones.. i need a decent recipie.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Saturday Everyone. The weekend is here.

I am not sure what it was, I had a good week but this last week also seemed so long.

I really really just want to spend the whole day in the kitchen cooking, I have a million things I want to make but there is also some cleaning and tidying that needs to be done. Let's see if I can find a nice balance and get both done.

I am having a little bit of no buying regret, when I was at Costco they had a stick vacuum on sale, I even had it in my cart but when I saw how full my cart was, I put it back. We do have a stick vacuum I bought a few years ago but it was a cheaper model from Wal-Mart and it has served us well. The one thing I do not like is when you are using the handheld unit you have to get on the right angle to pick anything up as there no attachments. The one at Costco has all those little attachments to get into the corners and even a brush to use on the couches. Hmmmm to go back and get or not.

Happy Saturday Everyone
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning. This morning is up to a good start. I cleaned up the kitchen from last nights crock pot pork loin roast. I turned out quite good we were surprised. I'm doing laundry all morning and have 2 more loads to go.

I'm making buns this morning and have no idea what we'll eat today. I have some cottage cheese that just passed BB date so if it's still ok, I see a spinach lasagna in our horizon. I'm hoping DH will volunteer to make brunch..there's nothing like the smell of bacon on a Saturday morning.

Have a wonderful day!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I keep thinking its sunday i am putting my self a day ahead.lol

Popped over to sobeys to get my probiotics and they dont sell it anymore ,so grabbed a few specials
    chicken $7.08
    (2) frozen fruit 4.99-25% personal offer =3.74 even found sliced apples frozen in a bag
    campbells tomato soup .69 not many left (havent seen it for .50 in ages)
    (1) loney pasta .99 yes the pasta was all gone ,cashier said people are saying my choice i am stocking up because of the truckers .

Then popped into dollarama and found colouring books for valentines day for my sweet grandkids with markers ,nivea chap stick is 3.00 and no more of the shampoo i saw last week .
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

went to dollerama.. to look for a orgaiser thing.. nothing that would work... get the 1 item for a craft for the dc kids.
    went to shoppers... definate suppy chain issues... and cashier was.. #itchy... i am definatly hiding in the house. ... no more peopleing for me...

hubby and i started watching reacher last night.. ... we like it...
    stuff is out for pizza

oldest is doing her laundry..
    i w ill do ours tomorrow...
    i am going to tackle our bedroom.. and vacume the upstairs... make some cookies..and do the pizza later.

might do a costco trip next week.. maybe... will mull that around in my brain for a bit...
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@SassyAshley the good thing about Costco is that they have a fantastic return policy so even if you got it and changed your mind you can always return it. I’m a bit of a vac snob. I can’t stand using a sub par vacuum. If it doesn’t have the proper attachments and doesn’t suck then it…….. well, sucks lol
    Last edited by harbie; Sat, Feb 5th, 2022 at 01:46 PM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Just curious. So how much does everyone budget vs spend on groceries on a weekly basis? Just trying to see what the average is and where I stand on that.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Just curious. So how much does everyone budget vs spend on groceries on a weekly basis? Just trying to see what the average is and where I stand on that.
    Grocery budgets are hard... everyone has a different way of doing them...

Food only
    food plus all household cleaners
    food all household cleaners , all bath products
    food... all household cleaners... all bath products... a lll pet stuff

then you have the make up of family members... lol

but to your orginal question...
    i tend not to share mine... as it is scary big... as in huge.
    But..

3 adult family members... all bathroom stuff.. all cleaners.. all pets ( 2 large dogs- grain free.. 3 cats - one of them is older and has special dietary needs ie - spoilt cat)
    Plus - i run a legal unlicienced home childcare... my kids get fed well.. lots of fresh fruit and veggies.. and real meals.
    Plus - i include take out.. .. if it gets eaten.. it is included.

the only thing is hubby and i have a 100.00 month date budget.. this often moves forward to ... allow for a weekend.. or a fancy something. .. if we go out for say... Valentine day.. it comes out of here. if i buy steaks for date at home, bottle of wine... i tend to take it out of here. - yes it is micro mananging.. but we typically dont eat steak.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My grocery totally is all over the map, some months we eat from the pantry others we stock up. Summer is higher because of entertainment. So I do an average and it’s just groceries. Feeding 4 adults of which 2 are my 21 and 18 year old sons we averaged just under 800.00 a month last year. This has been the post Covid number as I don’t chases deals as much and I buy our meat from a more expensive place but it’s easier for my sanity.
    Today I took advantage of the NF offer for health and beauty, I had an offer for Whole BlendS shampoo. It was on sale so I bought 6 bottles and earned 14000 PCO.
    I forgot to look at SDM flyer so I need to go back out because DH fas a 20x wus 40.00. I don’t recall the last time it was this low and I can do that.
    1st I am heading out for a walk. It’s a cold but sunny day.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is my birthday. Dh picked up fresh sushi and a DQ cake for lunch.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thanks for the replies.

It’s just DH and I but we are 90% whole food plant based with 10% processed plant based cause I do love my Oreos , twizzlers and some of the plant based convenience items

I thought I could do $100/ week but failed miserably. I ended up about $150/160 and that’s after going to 4 stores to take advantage of the sales. PMing I find is more difficult especially when stock levels are so low. My big splurge was a case of Buble and 2 packs of twizzlers.

I still have lots of cleaning products since I purchased them at Costco when things like toilet cleaner, bleach and dish detergent was on sale and I use Norwex enviro cloths for cleaning so they’re reusable.

I’ll just keep working at it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I looked at our records and last year we spent $565 per month for 2 adults. This did not include eating out or cleaning products.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information