User Tag List

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1695Likes

Thread: February Frugal Chatter 2022

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @cath007, sometimes things go as planned some times they do not.

I am someone who craves organization, routines and all of those things but those things do not fit in my life. Plans constantly change, things constantly do not go as planned but all I can do is try my best.

But I also know saying these words do not mean much. I have my bad days like everyone else.

Real life here, I was in tears Friday night, I was stressed, overwhelmed, my anxiety kicked in and I crumbled.

I am trying my best, I do not have all the answers, all I can do is try to do what is best for me. I do not have all the answers, I wish I did, I still struggle with balance, my life is 90% work, 8% sleep and 2% to everything else. It is a work in process but I do feel like 2022 could be my year.
    @SassyAshley you need to change your slogan on the bottom, as you listed 2021 is going to be your year.

I hope your Mom will be ok, as you listed her being in pain cooking. Perhaps, you can make easier meals for her bad days. On bad pain days I tend to snack and eat whatever is easiest to prepare.
    cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    and I hope to see a post from @Ciel21 soon...
    @cath007 I hope she is back too. I really miss her posts.
    cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My apologies if I am not posting in the right section but guys...like how many offers you have on your pc card each week? Before I had like 10 and now I barrely get 4 and no products I use,.,Is that normal..is that a pc problem I could talk in the chat...thanks
    @cath007 my offers have been terrible too. One week I have 4 and now I have 7 but nothing to get excited about. I get lots of spend $75 offers but I don't spend that much at Shoppers, other than for prescriptions (which does not earn points in Ontario). I stopped buying things and am just buying necessities as groceries are getting so expensive, and gas - its going up to 1.65 a litre this week. Yikkes
    lilo0003, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Turn it inside out and you have another week.
    @HermanH LOL

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think CIEL is sadly in the end stages of her palliative journey and she may not post very often. I also believe she gave her computer to a friend who will inform us when sadly she passes. Hugs CIEL if you are reading this post-we are all thinking of you. LB
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Mon, Feb 14th, 2022 at 12:41 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you, I am still adjusting to it being 2022, I really feel 2021 got away from me.

Yes, that was what I was trying to do with the meal plan was coming with things we can toss in a slow cooker or she can do minimal prep and I can finish once I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @SassyAshley you need to change your slogan on the bottom, as you listed 2021 is going to be your year.

I hope your Mom will be ok, as you listed her being in pain cooking. Perhaps, you can make easier meals for her bad days. On bad pain days I tend to snack and eat whatever is easiest to prepare.
    harbie, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today helped hubby install the kitchen ceiling fan (i just held things up and got the dropped screws) .Boy it was a 2 man job and took 3 hours of course we stopped for lunch and breaks .

One of the reviews had said not bright enough for a kitchen so i will see tonight as our old one had 3 tulip shades this is an LED light under a dome .I dont think hubby would want to take down and return if i didnt think it was bright enough.Then again there is just the 2 of us and when we all get togther i use the dining room.

Doing nothing special tonight as daughter treated us on sat night .Maybe pasta will be on the menu .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Anyone have plans for Valentine's Day tomorrow...me no hahah
    Purchased a nice box of chocolate for father and I and I did not find cinnamon hearts candy checked 3 places...maybe it is so popular or unpopular now ? lol
    @cath007 no real plans for valentines. My younger DD wanted a DQ cake so I went out and got one for dessert tonight. Had a $5.00 coupon
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My apologies if I am not posting in the right section but guys...like how many offers you have on your pc card each week? Before I had like 10 and now I barrely get 4 and no products I use,.,Is that normal..is that a pc problem I could talk in the chat...thanks
    @cath007 my PCO offers can be between 4-10 offers and most of them are not for products I buy
    harbie, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening and Happy Valentine Day!!!
    I found some valentine candies and cinnamon hearts in a specialized candies store in bulk.And I received in my dad cellphone my 5$ metro reward to spend at Metro grocery...but I rarely go there...everything in this store is expensive

It is perseverance week with life project

Dinner is meatloaf with tomatoes sauce and mashed patatoes

Have a great evening and night!!!!

Thanks for all of yours answers about pc card...the program suck now..
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @cath007 my offers have been terrible too. One week I have 4 and now I have 7 but nothing to get excited about. I get lots of spend $75 offers but I don't spend that much at Shoppers, other than for prescriptions (which does not earn points in Ontario). I stopped buying things and am just buying necessities as groceries are getting so expensive, and gas - its going up to 1.65 a litre this week. Yikkes
    I don't really want to like your post, especially since your city it next to mine and gas is usually a few cents cheaper in your city
    harbie, barbis9 and cath007 like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Naan bread individual pizzas was a hit. We had them for supper tonight along with sliced apple, sliced cucumber, and milk. Yum.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Love my ceiling fan ,yes the light is a little subdued over the kitchen table but i like this,but i had cataract surgery and laser eye surgery a few years back and i hate bright lights like -pot lights .My girlfriend has them all over her kitchen ,next time i am there i will sit in her family room.

Plus i have a light fixture with 3 halogen bulbs right near my kitchen sink and stove area ,alos on the counter by the fridge ,so there is enough light in my kitchen .

Now i would love 2 new scones light in my family room (modern ones ) but maybe will wait for a sale as they are so expensive .
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Sleep, ugg, good news is I got more than 4 hours last night but I still woke up in the middle of the night BUT I have discovered there is a full moon tomorrow night so maybe that is the issue. Not sure if anyone else is affected by Moon cycles but they have always thrown off my sleep, although some months are worse than others.

I got distracted and forgot to take out the Chicken to make my Slow Cooker soup so will more on to plan B for dinner. I have a Chicken Pot Pie Noodle dish I want to try or a 20-minute Ramen Stir Fry I could make. Will see how I feel after training.

Yesterday I crashed about 3 from the lack of sleep so we kept it simple with Nachos with Homemade Taco meat from the freezer and toppings of choice.

Discussed with Mom last night some house changes I want to make, we have been discussing changing things up in the Hallway to add some storage but before we do that I want to discuss paint. We need to paint before we add storage. I got a lot of things in my mind right now but I need to see if I can make the $$$ come together to get it done.

Happy Tuesday Everyone
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Dinner last night was fantastic and there is leftover steak and shrimp for someone. I forgot to make the asparagus as I cooked green beans and then remembered. We have 2 bunches to use up this week as RCSS had it for .99LB one day ( and the next day it was $2.99LB)

Tonight I must get the laundry going. So that is my main focus. Will figure out dinner. Thinking freezer clean out. A bit of this and that with salad.
    harbie, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information