User Tag List

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Like Tree1942Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2022 -Spring is there-!!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Had dinner with Bro and his fiancee last night. Mom made mexican and there are lots of leftovers.

We have a fair amount of Enchilada Sauce leftover, Mom doubled the recipe but we did not use it all. Thinking I might take a couple of Chicken Breasts and put them in the Slow Cooker with the Enchilada Sauce and cook them up for future meals.

On the way I had Mom stop at the No Frills close to Bro's as this one will price matches RCSS, my local No Frills won't. I grabbed
    2 x Mini Cucumber $0.88 Member Price
    2 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms $4
    I was going to Price Match the Mushrooms but this store had already matched RCSS price.

I do not see much in this week's flyers although I do see Sobey's has Pasta Sauce on sale so might go grab a few for quick and easy dinners. Thinking if I see Pasta Sauce for $0.99 I will start buying it again vs making our own. Since I have not been able to get canned tomatoes at Costco the savings are not there right now.

Thinking tonight's dinner will be either BBQ Chicken or Pork Chops with Roasted Potato Packets and a vegetable of some sort, we have options, I just need to pick one. Maybe a Salad on side too.

I think I want to setup a Salad bar of sorts in our fridge. Where I can have everything prepped and when we want Salad just put together what we want. I find lately by the time dinner time rolls around I am kind of done and usually skip the salad so hoping this will help. If everything is there and ready to go, I can just toss together a quick salad.

Happy Thursday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday my sister asked me to do a toast to welcome the groom to the family. Of course I’ll do it, but it would have been nice to have more notice. I helped our kids try on clothes for the wedding last night. I’m happier with their outfits than I am with my own. I’m still feeling self conscious with my COVID weight gain and I no’s get to stand in front of 100ppl to do the toast to the groom.

I’m teaching today, Friday, and Monday for different teachers. Sure enough, the local high school called this morning while I was packing my lunch for a school 1/2hr away. I say yes to schools that I have to commute to bc it guarantees me a day of pay vs risking sitting at home.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Too busy working to spend any money so that’s positive about being back to work.

Im going to have to get some grocery shopping done as I’m literally out of everything veg wise.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ugh, today is kind of one of those almost comical why did I get out of bed days.

Yesterday Mom went to get something out of the chest freezer and moved a bunch of stuff around. When I went down later I found a big bag of Fries from Costco sitting on the floor. We were getting ready to leave so Mom put them in the fridge saying we could refreeze them today.

Today I went down to get something out of the stand-up to discover the door just slightly ajar. I went in the freezer last night to grab a pumpkin butter for Bro and his Fiancee but I always check the door. So I grab what I needed closed the door and was moving some stuff around in the same room as our freezer as I went to leave a couple minutes later I see the door slowly popping open. Ugh, move a bunch of stuff around, nope still happening, move more stuff and it stopped but ugh.

More than anything I am happy I went down when I did. Normally on work days I do not cook anything for lunch but today I wanted something different and decided to cook lunch. Or else who knows when I would have found the door partially opened.

Let's hope for a less eventful afternoon
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Does anyone have any homemade salad dressing recipes they would recommend?

We already made our own Greek & Balsamic Dressing but I would like to add a little more variety.
    Giseledta and harbie like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So far 4 out of 5 of my $5.00 Mastercard's have arrived and today I finally got my Check Out 51 cheque, that was closes to 5 weeks. Tax return arrived Monday so that was a nice deposit into the retirement account. DH had to pay & that was not expected. Given how much of his yearly bonus went to income tax we met with our advisor and DH will quit in the next year to a job with less hours/stress and money but because of our tax bracket (1st world problems I know) the impacts will be worth the reduction in stress. I will retire in 2 years at 57. So savings is in overdrive. We will still have one son in school at that point & I could go sooner but I know I am not ready emotionally, its very freeing though to knw the date,
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Slowly working on getting things done around the house. The key word is slowly.

In some ways I am starting to feel a little more normal but in other ways, I still do not feel like myself. Working on it.

Trying to get back on track with dinner, we have not been having take-out but it is a lot of quick what we get n the table quick type meals. Which have their place but not day after day.

Yesterday I broke down and packaged the Romaine I got at Costco, some saved for later and some chopped for now. I really need to get some prep done this weekend. Don't really have much shopping planned so nothing new will be coming that needs to be prepped or processed. We should have enough fresh stuff to get us to next week's flyers.

Has anyone tried the Our Place pot or pan?

Does anyone have a Yeti tumbler, it so do you use it for hot or cold?

Happy Friday Everyone
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -my daughter read all about our place pot or pans before xmas ,then decided on all-clad pans (which i bought her for xmas wasnt cheap but i got it on amazon frying pan with lid).She told me it is the best pan she has ever owned and she cooks a lot .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today i went further thsn normal for grocery shopping "no frills" i havent been there in over a yr ,so nice to save a little bit more on groceries .I redeemed $40.00 and i also got back 14,000 in points,got 4.00 on checkout51 saved 3.50 in cpns and 4.00 on go coupons.

one great instore deal was 2 pkgs of strawberries p.m freshco 2/5.00
    2-romaine 2 in a pkg 3.49 buy 4 get 6,000 pts instore-so works out to $1.49 each

alos popped into food basics got 4 atisano bread 2.79-1.00 gocoupons =1.79 each

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@SassyAshley ion,y use my yeti for cold for drinks and I love it for summer as I can leave it in my car for hours come back and til, have ice. But I am also not a slow coffee drinker so I would never want my hot drinks for hours.
    DH and I took a vacation day today and went to the US for some shopping for the first time in over two years. My boss gave me a target gift card for Christmas and it was burning a hole in my pocket. It’s also my birthday month so I was able to take advantage of some of my offers. The outlet mall was a bust. For the most part it was some groceries and lunch out no clothes be there is nothing I need. It was a pretty simple process with the app.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and feeling a little bit more like myself, I want to get in the kitchen and get a few things done.

We were given the Our Place Pot & Pan for Christmas, will try them today and see what I think. Due to us skipping Christmas we were just given them this week.

I got a Yeti from work. I was curious about warm drinks for the days I travel vs stopping at Tim's. Normally when I get to the town I am going to, I grab a tea before I go to the branch it is my treat. But if I start travelling more or with prices going up trying to come up with alternatives. I will try it for both Hot & Cold and see what I think. Pretty sure one of my Co-Workers uses her for smoothies, I will check with her when I see her later this week.

Going to head into the kitchen and see where the day takes me.

So far I am thinking, Ricotta Pancakes with Berry Sauce for Breakfast, a batch of Carrot Muffins, maybe a batch of cookies and some ingredient prep for the week.

Thinking maybe we will have Beef Stroganoff for dinner tonight, I have a bit of a craving but I have been putting it off for weeks because it seemed like a lot of work to make.

Happy Saturday Everyone

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Decided I am going to try gardening again, I found this bundle on sale on Costco's Website and ordered it.

https://www.costco.ca/.product.16590...er_Entertainig

I think it is a good price, I hope it is a good price. I will be honest I am not up on plant pricing but excited to see how this goes.

These will 100% be going in our backyard. We used to have a raspberry bush(?) in our front garden. One day I came home from work to find my neighbour and her grandkid sitting in our front yard picking and eating all of our raspberries. They picked the bush clean.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Apr 30th, 2022 at 11:12 AM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Besides the never ending laundry and cleaning I need to pay my taxes . I really can’t complain, it’s not bad and it’s CPP only. I’m paying off the CC today as well. We actually pay all purchases off each week so instead of waiting until tomorrow I’m doing it a day early

I’ve got to do a grocery list and shop but once again I have the worst PC offers ever! They keep giving me offers for sour cream and I haven’t purchased that or ANY dairy in 3 years! I always click the “don’t offer again “ or whatever it says button but I still get that and baby stuff . Nothing really for plant based except for the odd broccoli or apples. Same goes for Safeway air miles. Actually I get better offers through air miles than PC.

Maybe I’ll cash out my checkout 51. I was hoping to hit $100 before doing that but it seems like I can’t get anymore offers.

Going to finish my coffee and then get moving. Have a fabulous Saturday everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i went to home depot this morning bought a new shrub for the front and a few other items .

I just popped over to walmart and picked up my free picture book for my son .
    Picked up a few toys that were cheap ,for stocking stuffers (gotta look year round) then my walmart now has a clearance section with food on it too so i got a huge heinz ketchup with a broken lid (who cares) for 2.99 .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Apr 30th, 2022 at 08:04 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i feel like i havent been here in forever!!! lol. I am limiting my time on line as it w ere. . some stuff i just need to be connect to ... but mental health wise... i need to limit other stuff.

tookmy mom t walmart today. she hasnt been to one in nearly 2 years. and hasnt been to a store in over 8 months. then to 2 different garden centers.... 1 had nadda.. the 2nd was nice. i bought her plants as a mothers day gift. she is talking about moving again. she should , lets just see if she does.

tomorrow i have a insane amount of dc prep to do. and its free dump day on monday.. so crap needs to leave my house. my plants are outside.. i will keep t ehm watered , then plan next week sometime.

tonight is laundry.. so much.. and tacos for supper.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread Information