User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1942Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2022 -Spring is there-!!!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I found plant based eating cheap if you don't eat the processed fake stuff they sell. That stuff I find so expensive and have way too many ingredients in them. Veggies/tofu in the air fryer is awesome!
    We actually don’t buy a lot of processed foods but some are nice to have in the freezer but we purchase things like almond milk, non dairy creamer, plant based “butter” and the occasional ice cream but they ALWAYS charge more for those so coupons would help for sure.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

March savings total $227.82
    Coupons - $77.99

10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys - $14.76
    PC Optimum - No Frills - $70
    Air Miles - $20
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks $5
    Gift cards
    $5 - Sobeys Complimemts promo
    Stuff Sold - $10
    Tim’s Rewards - $4.40
    Dominos - $15
    Circle K wins - $1
    Money found - $0.20
    SCOP $4.47
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up and trying to get things done. I am kind of lacking ambition today but I think it is more being a little overwhelmed, there is so much I want to get done.

Today my focus is trying to use things up.

I made Blueberry Muffins as I had blueberries that needed to be used.

I made Peanut Butter Cookies as I have a large Costco size jar of peanut butter that just will not end, I want it out of the cupboard. Guess what even after making the cookies, there is still peanut butter. Plus I have some Peanut Butter Chips I need to use up but even though I used more than the recipe called for I still have some left. It is a work in progress.

I have no knead bread rising right now. Nothing here needed to be used up just wanted to try it, in case we need to make out own bread I wanted some easy options. Maybe next week I will try slow cooker bread.

I have more cooking/baking I want to do to use other things up, I have some ricotta and apples to use up but it is time to focus on the cleaning stuff. I could spend all day in the kitchen and be 100% happy but then the cleaning does not happen. Have I mentioned balance is an issue for me????

Happy Saturday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning up at 5.30 did a load of laundry and then daughter called at 8.00 a.m and we chatted for an hour .
    My voice is still hoarse but i feel a lot better ,so i may try a walk around the block cant hurt .It is sunny here but cold .

Still glad i did grocery pickup and their prices were not that bad at walmart for the fruit and veggies .I did notice bread is up in price in stores and online .I got the free coupons from d'alitano bread and they gave me 4 instead of the 2 which was a nice gesture.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Apr 2nd, 2022 at 11:14 AM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DH and I went for breakfast this morning it’s a clear sunny day here. I came home and spent time taking down and packing up the outdoor Christmas, I was so tired of looking at the dead urns. It’s so nice and tidy now. While I was out I took advantage of passing a Sobeys as they have the 100 Air Miles offer when you buy $150. In gift cards. It’s such and easy deal take advantage of. I bought 300.00 as I was surprisingly under budget for groceries again last month. We are hosting Easter dinner and it’s my birthday this month so I know I am not coming in under budget. While I was there I picked up some groceries and used a previous gift card to pay for it, the end result was 359 AirMiles. So I was pleased with that.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@harbie I am not sure if it’s a product you used but there is a $1.00 off becel oat margarine available and a $1.00 off any silk products, both are current and I saw the becel today. If it’s not out west and you can use it let me know as I can try to get some for you.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

No-Knead bread is cooling, I really want to try some of the options with the longer rising time. It was originally my plan to use the standard recipes that rise for 18 to 24 hours but I got busy with work and did not get it done yesterday. Will try the bread once it cools. Right now my house smells like fresh baked bread, yum.

Thinking maybe later in the week I might try making a Cinnamon Raisin No Knead Bread, it is funny, I do not like raisins but will eat them in raisin bread of as a snack but not in other baked goods.

Going to try slow cooker bread as well, I like options.

I did the pantry tidy, it took me awhile, I think we are well stocked, not much we need although if I see the following on sale I will grab:
    Olive Oil - On sale at Wal-Mart for $5.97, but we do not need it so waiting to see if I can find a better price
    Pasta - We do not need it but if by chance I see it on for a $1 a package, I will grab more
    Passata - We need this and will watch for it
    Canned Tomatoes - I cannot get these at Costco anymore so will watch for $1 sales and stock up that way

I am overstocked on Mustard, I thought I was down to one bottle so I grabbed more at Costco, turned out I had 2 already for now, I have 4 Costco size bottles of Mustard. I am not worried, they have long expiry dates so I am sure we will use them. I already knew I was over stocked on Salsa, I thought I had 2 left, so bought more turned out I had 4 but again long expiry dates and we use a lot of Salsa so not worried, worst comes to worst, will offer to family.

I still need to do the Chest Freezer tidy but not sure that will happen today.

Tonight's dinner will be Homemade Burgers with Oven Fries Poutine. We saw some burgers on TV and both of us said those look good, so that was easy.

Still need to find something to do with the apples and ricotta. I have been planning to make my Triple Berry Ricotta cake but now I am thinking maybe Lemon Ricotta Muffins instead, we shall see. The apples I am not sure thinking something I can take with me to the branch this week when I go to share, we shall see what I find on Pinterest.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well i went for a 16 minute walk around noon , a plus for me.Hubby said my voice is getting better.

I just ordered pictures from walmart .09 a picture sent to store ,got duplicates of my dear brother before he passed(pictures were from dec when the 3 of us siblings got together).That is the cheapest i have seen pictures in awhile .So had xmas printed and ,st.pattys day ,ashlyn ,cara b-day etc .They email you if they are ready the next day .

I spent 6.00 not bad -i love photos and real in person photos ,not ones sitting on my kids phones forever.lol
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all. busy week last week . but most are.
    New childcare announcement came down. If you plan on taking advantage of the 10.00 day chidcare... please, please make sure the center you go to is part of it. Fine print has the onus on the center to opt in to the plan... and there is a deadline for it. so while you may get it now.. it may disapear sept 1 if your center does not do all that is needed for it. .. the details as always are ... forthcoming for this. fun times.

ok. spent sometime , on pinterest .. rabbit hole that it is.. looking at various ways to keep produce fresh longer... . i think i have a plan.

grocery budget was 200 under last month, and that is with me doing a dog treat stockpile. .. i worry about supply chain issues. i did the groceries today... crazy prices. just crazy.
    hubby is out currently.
    i am resting with the puppies. i havent been feeling the best today. might just rest then do a bit of housework .
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sobeys has their gc promo on again. Good timing since I only had 3 left and it’s the cheapest place to buy milk in our community. 100AM wub $150gc, limit of 5. I only picked up 2 this morning because the supervisor said I could only buy 2, then wait 10min before buying 2 more at another till.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Please disclaimers no negative comments on this post..if you are sensitive dont read it!!!
    My week end is ruined and nothing will get done because of a bad toe left weird serious infection called mycose of nails..It could be there since many months... I was just not aware and it is becoming so painful i can barrely tolerate it...so did go this afternoon to the pharmacy nothing could be done ...clsc to see a nurse..nope it is too serious..so tomorrow morning my job is to wake up earlier and call the mini er in my clinic at 8:00 am and hope to get a chance to have a place the same day ..grrr in bad case the a toe nail will be removed at another time in not so bad serious antibiotic...mycose if a contagious mushroom infection that cause the nail to be yellow and painfull...

so a week end ruined by pain and waiting so frustrating..but i have to face it i have no choice to get treated..that could be dangerous..

sorry for this and my long post just need to said it and rant it...i was not aware it was that bad until i saw yesterday a tv publicity and searched on google after...
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Apr 2nd, 2022 at 05:07 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Thanks @lilo0003 I actually found some this morning but thank you for the kind offer .

I was super early this morning so I grabbed a coffee and walked a Safeway in another city and a save on foods. Found the becel coupons but no hellmans. All in all a good day. Also last client was fine with the increase so now I don’t have to stress about bringing it up! Phew!

Dropped off a cinnamon coffee cake to my parents since it was a freebie from Starbucks ( free bakery item when you ordered via the app) since they don’t have anything vegan I just got it for them.

Had a wonderful experience at Safeway this morning. Just a super friendly and very helpful team member than found 3 packs of the plant based hot dogs that are on sale and held them for me to pick up after work. I did splurge and get a vegan Mexican cheese that I’ve been wanting to try for a while. It’s nice to have some “cheese” and crackers with some wine after a long day at work.

I’m going to try to get out for a quick walk before the rain really hits.

I’m sorry you’re in such pain @cath007 . It sounds awful, I hope you get it taken care of soon and feel better.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today was a bit of a busy and productive day. We recently started using the Yonana machine that I picked up for $5. The kids are enjoying trying new flavour combinations.

Did some laundry, sold our old kitchen stove, Dh did maintenance on our bikes to start the new season, did a very quick Sobeys trip for milk and gift cards.

Dh and I filed our income taxes. It took a while…we are both getting tax returns, but not as much as we were hoping with all of our tax write offs.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

(((HUGS))) @cath007 , hope your feel better soon

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I have an appointement at 9:45 this morning..i will know more at this time...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information