User Tag List

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1942Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2022 -Spring is there-!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Glad this week is over for me...it was a toff one(crisis of panicking and nausea thanks to stupid stress......Have a happy and safe long week end!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Apr 14th, 2022 at 08:16 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We are hoping that the highways are in good condition by tomorrow morning. The amount of new snow has greatly reduced and the wind has died down some. We can hear ploughs outside, which is promising since I drive a van.

My aunt called regarding our planned visit on Sunday. She basically didn’t remember the conversation that we had last weekend. It’s going to be an emotionally difficult visit and likely the last time that I see her.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I realize I did not get my flyer this week...that suck ...thanks reebee per chance...

I was at maxi and cie for 2-3 things at dinner time and boy it was so crowded..thanks to paycheck day and long week end...I would not handle to do my entire grocery during that time!
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Apr 14th, 2022 at 08:18 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I woke up at 3:45 this morning wide awake but I did not want to get up as I knew I would not make it through the day without a nap. I feel back asleep sometime after 4 and woke up just before 6. I should have just gotten up, the falling back asleep gave me a headache and now I feel blah.

Yesterday was an insane day, I started my day in one branch picking up stuff for my boss but turns out everything was not there and did not realize until after I left the branch. I left that branch and went to another branch to see our IT guy as he was on site. We are making some changes and the changes have already been made to my profile and I was having some issues. Turns out all of the issues are because the changes have been made to my profile and not other people's once everyone is changed they will be resolved.

Well I was at work Mom texted me, we received an email stating households with a second car are no longer allowed. Technically we only have 1 spot but as long as we have lived her and even before we moved in anyone with a second car was able to park in a non assigned spot. We now have 2 households with multiple cars, one has 5 cars and the other has 4 or 5 as well and there have been complaints. So their solution is tell everyone their additional cars have to be removed but this is super unrealistic. We live in a small town most households have a second car and if it was only a second car we have the parking, it is the houses with more than 2 cars that are causing the issue. I am not sure where they expect people to park a second car, we are now allowed to park on the road and there is no where close to where we live that you can park a car. Yeah, that kind of ruined my day, my stress and anxiety blew up.

Realistically if they try to do this the only option would be for me to park at my Bro & Sister in-law's house 15 minutes away so anytime I need my car Mom would have to drive me over to get my car. This would include days I have to leave super early she would have to drive me over to get my car so I can go to work if I need to be in a branch. That is the closest option for us to park a second car.

I came home, discussed with Mom, she sent them an email and then back out I went. I went back to the first branch to get the stuff for my boss, which I now have and have to put together to send him. I thought he only wanted to see but nope, found out when I was with our IT guy yesterday that he needs a little more which I will have to do today as I did not get it done yesterday. The joys of being in a department of me, myself & I, if I do not get something done I just have to find the time somewhere to get it done.

When the day was done, I was done.

Today is a new day, time to figure out what I need to get done, yes it is a Holiday but I have a few work things I need to get done and some home stuff.

Happy Friday Everyone
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Angela273 I hope the roads are clear for travel for you today. It’s been far to long since families have gathered. I am hosting 12 for Easter today, it will be one of our last big events for a while as my brother and SIL are moving to NS. @SassyAshley we have the same issue in our neighbourhood. I agree 1car is ridiculous. We are surrounded by townhomes so all the streets are no parking except one, so it’s awful for them as that’s where all the extra cars go. It’s also a street of houses with no curbs and then people have cars on their lawns. Some people will ask to buy a space in a neighbour’s drive. We have space but 3 cars and I just don’t want the hassle of a 4th car.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Angela -hope you get to seee family,it has been way to long.
    lilo- have fun with your gathering of 12 today .

As for cars we live on a crescent ,but we have a long driveway can fit 3 cars ,meanwhile we only have one car .But people park all over the crescent on the one side with sidewalks even thou they can park in their driveways ,just lazy they are not wanting to move a car to let someone out.I agree sassy you should be allowed to have 2 cars if you have lived there a long time .

I had ashlyn sleep over last night the oldest we got Wendys .I tell you never again i cant stomach the food anymore.We will take her back at noon as her other grandparents are coming to her house.

I spent $58 at lococos yesterday ,they priced all their watermelon at $6.00 and i decided i needed to stop at sobeys on the way home so got a watermelon quarter for $5.20 same size .I decided i love honey crisp apples so if i am gonna eat an apple i will pay extra for these.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I needed a break from work, all the things I need to get done this weekend take a lot of focus and time. So I needed a break so I made some Banana Muffins, I had some bananas that were past their prime.

Yesterday on my way home I stopped at the store to grab a few things. It is going to be a light shopping for us this week, I got:
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Mushrooms 680g $4.49
    1 x Naturally Imperfect Peppers 2.5 lb $4.99
    1 x Cucumbers 2-pack $1.94
    1 x Romaine 2-pack $2.99
    1 x Cherry Tomatoes 681 g $4.99
    1 x Celery $1.67 (PM Wal-Mart)
    2 x Onion Soup Mix 2-pack $1.49 (PM Zehrs)
    1 x Milk

I had planned to price match grapes to Wal-Mart but they only had a couple bags and they did not look so great.

I was going grab a cantaloupe but they were all small so I passed for now.

I usually would not pay that much for Romaine, I try to stick to $1 each but not sure that is realistic anymore and I really miss salads. I still need to go to Costco and see if they have stock and if they have raised their price.

Unless I decide to go to Costco next week we should be good until the new flyers come out. Or if we go to Wal-Mart I will grab some buttermilk for baking, I cannot price it as No Frills carries a different brand.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I got the base of one of my work things done, it took me almost all day. It is a process I know how to do but have not done in years. It took a lot of focus to get all of the steps and points down and still worried I missed a few but it is what it is. The base is done and off to my boss, I will finesse and make it pretty next week.

Dinner tonight is a bit of a clean out the freezer kind of night. When I cleaned out the chest freeze I found two older bags of pasta sauce I wanted to use up. Plus I found multiple open packs of Naan with only a few left in the package, this happens because we were using them but they got close to their expiry so we tossed them in the freezer. But now, I have a lot of open packs so we will work to use those up.

We are having Lazy Lasagna with Cheesy Garlic Naan and Caesar Salad.

The wind here today has been insane, originally they said it would not get windy until mid afternoon but the wind started mid morning and just seems to be increasing. I can see the trees outside are really swaying and the noises, it is rattling our doors.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SA-when I have a recipe calling for buttermilk I just use regular milk with a tbsp of vinegar added per cup-I can't actually taste any difference-but some people might.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lizzie bargain , thank you, I tried that before and it just tasted like Milk to me. Someone suggested it was because we use 1% and if I want it to work I need a high fat content.

I have also seen where they add a couple of tablespoons of Greek Yogurt to Milk as a substitute, I was thinking of trying that since we always have Greek Yogurt on hand. Has anyone tried this method?

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Some good news, one of the board members replied to the email regarding parking and said there was an error in the original email (no comment). But they are now saying second cars are allowed but any units with 3rd, 4th or 5th cars will need to find an alternative place to park. We shall how that goes but happy since we only have 2 cars we do not need to worry.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Some areas of the province received snow last night and a little today. The first 100km of our drive was yuck…quite icy roads. The highways were pretty good after that. We arrived safely and had a light supper.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela273 I am happy you arrived safely . Enjoy your time with your family

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 happy your family arrived safely, enjoy your time with family.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early this morning, enjoyed listening to the birds well the house was quiet.

Now I have Cinnamon bun dough in the bread machine and next I need to clean up the kitchen.

I was not in the best mood yesterday and I know it. I have been looking forward to this long weekend for weeks to finally get 3 days off and then it did not happen. My Thursday got turned upside down and I did not get my work stuff done so I had to do it yesterday as one thing was supposed to be handed in end of day Thursday and some others are needed for Monday. Again the joys of being a department of me, myself & I.

The kitchen is a total disaster, I did not do anything yesterday other than cooking meals and Mom's artritis is really bugging her the last few days. So I need to tackle the kitchen today.

I still have some work to get done as well. I admit, I am kind of putting this off.

I have lots to get done today but we shall see how the day goes. It is one of those I know I need to get it done things but at the same time, I just do not want to. Oh well we shall see how the day goes.

Happy Saturday Everyone.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information