User Tag List

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
Like Tree1942Likes

Thread: April Frugal Chatter 2022 -Spring is there-!!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Pretty good day here, got some stuff done, not all the things but more than I have gotten done in awhile.

This morning I made some carrot muffins. Since I had to grater out to grate the carrots I put the slicing blade in and made my Salad Bar prep. I cut up carrots and cucumbers, I tried peppers but they did not slice nicely.

I decided I want to make a nice breakfast, it feels like forever since we made a nice breakfast for Breakfast. For some reason whenever we have anything that takes effort for breakfast it is when we have Breakfast for Dinner. So I made Fluffy Lemon Ricotta with Triple Berry Sauce, yum.

I was not going to do any grocery shopping this weekend but the milk we pulled from the freezer separated so we will use that baking and cooking tomorrow. But now I needed more milk so I ran to Sobey's and got:
    1 x Milk
    6 x Pasta Sauce $0.99
    6 x Pasta $0.99

When I got home I cleaned out the fridge. Since I have not been feeling myself and have not been baking and prepping we lost about a 1/4 of a tub of Greek Yogurt and we had some leftover stuffing that did not get used. Considering I have not done my normal routine of taking stock of what we have and ingredient/meal prepping in 2 weeks I am happy, we had minimal loss and no produce was lost

After cleaning out the fridge I took out the garbage.

I found a new salad dressing to try it was called non-creamy Caesar Dressing. I cut the recipe in half to try it. I had it on my salad with dinner tonight and I like it. Not sure it tastes exactly like Caesar Dressing but it has a good flavour. I am working on finding more vinaigrette style dressing I can make at home.

Dinner with Beef Stroganoff over Egg Noodles with a Side Salad.

Cleaned as I went and did the few dishes from Dinner so will have a clean kitchen to start the morning tomorrow.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Watching the final of the World Snooker today and tomorrow. Lazy day
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    A Bit of a slower start to the day today but mainly because I could not find a recipe I liked. I ended up taking parts from 3 different recipes to make what I had in mind.

With that being said Focaccia Dough is currently rising. I have some Cherry Tomatoes to use up so I am going to top it with Tomatoes Onions and Parmesan.

I am in full on spring/summer mode and craving more Salad but I have to admit just a Salad for lunch does not always fill me up, probably because I do not put a lot in my salads, working on this. But I thought the focaccia would be nice on the side.

Trying to decide on Dinner for tonight, I do not really have any cravings. I was thinking Pasta as I have a couple vegetarian pastas we like and I feel like we have not had a vegetarian night in awhile. But we had our Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles last night so maybe not pasta. Maybe Mom will have a craving.

Today I need to find something or things to make with the split milk and use that up today or it will go bad. I need to organize our fridge, it looks like we have no room in our fridge and although I do not need to shop our fridge should not be that full.

Happy Sunday everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    just got a bunch of paperwork done... on to cleaning the playrooms.. then laundry.. and dc prep for the week.

mothers day is this coming weekend, and childcare provider day on friday.

i need to work on menu for th e week.. i am drawing a blank. i do know M, t and W will be crazy busy.

i might get a yummy something in the oven.. not sure what.. i have a bunch of frozen fruit to use up... hmm.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hi went to see the girls at my sons -gave him the free picture book they loved it .

Then daughter-in-law went thru her linen closet i got double sheets and a set of queen sheets(as they have a king bed now) and tea towels -some i will donate some keep for me .Plus my neighbour is going thru her 95 yr old mother-in-laws house as she passed a week before my brother and she asked me if i would like some drinking glasses -for sure as a few broke recently.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    A Bit of a slower start to the day today but mainly because I could not find a recipe I liked. I ended up taking parts from 3 different recipes to make what I had in mind.

With that being said Focaccia Dough is currently rising. I have some Cherry Tomatoes to use up so I am going to top it with Tomatoes Onions and Parmesan.

I am in full on spring/summer mode and craving more Salad but I have to admit just a Salad for lunch does not always fill me up, probably because I do not put a lot in my salads, working on this. But I thought the focaccia would be nice on the side.

Trying to decide on Dinner for tonight, I do not really have any cravings. I was thinking Pasta as I have a couple vegetarian pastas we like and I feel like we have not had a vegetarian night in awhile. But we had our Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles last night so maybe not pasta. Maybe Mom will have a craving.

Today I need to find something or things to make with the split milk and use that up today or it will go bad. I need to organize our fridge, it looks like we have no room in our fridge and although I do not need to shop our fridge should not be that full.

Happy Sunday everyone.
    @SassyAshley I find adding protein to my salads helps fill me up and hold off hunger till the next meal time

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@barbis9 100% something I need to do. My goal is to put more effort into my salads normally they are a quick throw something together meal. It is whatever I can grab quick in the fridge and dump a dressing on it.

Thinking next time I go to Costco I might grab the Salad Topper. We like it in the Kale Salad but I always talk myself out of buying it.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@SassyAshley we love the salad topper from Costco. I just transfer it to an OXO container to keep it fresh. I’ve never wasted any of it because it’s soooooooo good.
    @coupon girl that was very nice of your DIL
    @barbis9 I always need protein in a salad. Anytime I can make a lentil or chickpea salad I’m so satisfied.

Had to go grocery shopping this morning. Really didn’t want to (today's a tough day for me) but we needed food.
    Nothing exciting really but did score on the Daiya mozzarella. Reg $6.99! reduced to $2.75 so I got 6 packs. They are good until November but I threw some in the freezer anyways. Cliff bars reg $20.99 and I got them for $14.99( too bad I didn’t have any coupons). Saved 50% on sweet potatoes from the usual price ( not that I’d pay more per pound anyways.

Surprise surprise no coupons found for anything we would use, only 50c off tuna wub……

Hope everyone’s day is going well. I’m off to get a walk in before the rains come. It’s either that or start day drinking…….

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie **HUGS** hope your day gets better.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Focaccia is made but I have not tried a piece but it looks amazing. I kept meaning to but got distracted and now I am full. I topped it with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, Onions, Italian Seasoning & Parmesan.

I tidied the Kitchen Freezer, there was a bunch of stuff in there that needed to go downstairs. I took the burgers down, sealed the BBQ & Salsa Chicken and a Chicken carcass to make soup later. Repackaged the Costco bag of fries we had to refreeze, they are now in large ziploc bags. Everything is now in the Chest Freezer but everything except the Fries will need to be moved to stand up and in their appropriate bins. I really need to defrost the stand up freezer, ugh, I am avoiding it.

Well I tidied the freezer Mom made Chocolate Chip Cookies,

Dinner was Spinach & Ricotta Pasta Bake, when I mentioned we had Pasta last night Mom said "no, we had egg noodles, those are different."

Now to come up with a meal plan for the rest of the week.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We arrived safely home from the weekend wedding. It was busy, stressful, but overall good. We knew about 25 of the guests and hadn’t seen them in years.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I started the May thread since its now May. Looks like we all missed it. @harbie what is this salad topper and where do I find it in Costco.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I started the May thread since its now May. Looks like we all missed it. @harbie what is this salad topper and where do I find it in Costco.
    Oops. The days are going too fast!

This is the stuff. It’s so good and full of good for ya stuff
    Name:  9FB3EA45-25A6-4B94-A92E-00E25DA12E22.jpeg
Views: 95
Size:  121.2 KB

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

April savings total $267.64

Coupons - $78.48
    10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys - $14.76
    PC Optimum - $20
    Air Miles - $70
    Amazon gc - Swagbucks - $10
    Stuff Sold - $50
    Tim’s Rewards - $1.10
    Circle K wins - $21
    Money found - $0.10
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Since it is wednesday again dont forget to save your 4 favorites pc offers if you dont use those!!! I just did mine
    Giseledta and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23

Thread Information