User Tag List

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Nice and sunny day!!! I think the inspection went well .Dad said they where there for 10 minutes and taking pictures....but I am holding my breath ..you never know...Tired and I have a headache...

I refound while doing cleaning a DIY project that I did.It is with remember years ago when they have the freebie of pins with kellogs special k yoga red matress with pattern..well I did table clothes under the glass things with them and rugs otherwhise they would ended up in trash..Great use and they are beautifull !!! Saving a bunch of money no need to buy some.hahah
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Jun 16th, 2022 at 01:11 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Wrote out a list of chores for my teen to do. He's working in the yard now pulling large weeds (they are like mini trees!)
    He works well with a list and scratches off the chore as he does it.
    We have a pile of wood chairs (Muskoka etc) that he is moving to the front yard and to the garage. Time to get rid of some of them.
    And out old bbq is off to the curb.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

It is good to have dogs. I was feeling blue this afternoon and decided to take a nap rather than put the time in at my computer to meet a work deadline like I should have. Ringo--our senior citizen--was determined: it was WRONG for me to be in bed in the afternoon. He fussed and whined and nosed me until I got up and went back to my computer. I got so annoyed with him that I forget about being blue. So...he was right, but I won't let him know that. He is now lying behind me in my workroom. If I were a cruel person I would fuss and whine and nose him until he got up and left the room. Oh the temptation!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Needed to get out for a bit so went to Walmart and FB.
    Stocked us up on .97 pasta. Think I will get 10 more.(for donation) Got a 4L bag of milk for $1! (expires on Sunday) DS will use for cereal and I will make a mac and cheese tomorrow or Sat. 1.67 raspberries.

FB- $2.97 for campfire wieners (used coupon save $4 when you buy 3)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I had a lovely lunch out with a friend today (i treated her as she has been out of work for months) she got the tip ,so it was sooo nice -normal day .

Then we went into talize i gave her a $5.00 cpn if you spent over 30.00 (i got from donations over the yrs .I spent $40.20 and got 7 items so i was happy.

new socks $1.69
    ricki tank top 8.99 dressy
    max studio long skirt 8.99
    old navy sparkly t-shirt 7.29
    tank top 7.99
    top long sleeve for ashlyn for fall navy blue stripes on it 4.99 on for half off $2.49
    puzzle 1,000 piece 4.29 -i must say their puzzles have come down in price they were 4.99 before the 2019

but the clothing has gone up a bit i am sure i paid 2 yrs ago 5.99 for a t-shirt but hey what not is going up i also saved 5.00 with the cpn i had.So i am doing a happy dance as i just turned a top into rags this week and thru a skirt out too holy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Did a quick a review of our budget and it’s looking good. CC is totally paid (including the new air purifier) which by the way I LOVE! It was delivered on Friday after work and I have noticed a HUGE decrease in dust which is the main reason we got one. Cost a pretty penny but so worth it in my opinion.

Busy work week ahead again (nothing new) so todays the last day to catch up on laundry and basic housework until Sunday/Monday.

Also grabbed a few plants for the garden as I had some open areas that I was waiting to fill when the weather wasn’t so cold and wet. Picked up some dill, an adorable tomato plant called heartbreaker’s (they are shaped like hearts, also 2 dahlia’s, a pollinators (little purple flowers but I can’t recall the name) and some radish seeds from West Coast Seeds since the other brand I had were awful and didn’t produce much.

Gardening isn’t cheap (not necessarily cheaper than purchasing some veggies since I get them from established plants) but it’s more about the peaceful time in the garden for me.
    @harbie what brand and model of air cleaner did you get? I'm in the market for a good one.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My new computer have problem with smart canucks it say with the antivirus bit fender that it is dangerous...lol...will need to look at that...
    Took a much needed 1 hours and a half nap before dinner I was super exausted.Dinner was simple
    We had big thunderstorms but no power outage per chance
    TGIF torrrorow altrought I will not have so much free time with week end...
    Forgot to say I did not spend $$$ today at all...yes...feel good.
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Jun 16th, 2022 at 11:47 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @harbie what brand and model of air cleaner did you get? I'm in the market for a good one.
    We decided on the Rabbit MinusA2 https://www.rabbitair.com/pages/minusa2-air-purifier

It was more pricey than we originally wanted to spend but so far it is well worth it. I haven’t dusted since Saturday and normally the dust would be visible within an hour or two and now it’s just a small amount and that’s after 4 days. For that reason alone it’s worth the money.

Fyi if you do order from them you get a 90 day return policy and on Amazon it’s only 30. We actually found it to be cheaper to order directly even with the CC exchange than to order on Amazon plus we ordered it on a Sunday, was shipped on Monday and arrived on Friday.

If you want to order I’d suggest using the chat the have online and ask for a discount. I asked if they had one for Canadian customers since they have various offers for US customers and they gave me $30 US off.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I do not think I have posted all week, it has been a week and I am done.

I have worked with the manager who is staffed all week. Trying to give them a break, let them do their job and I will take care of the rest. My schedule has finally worn me down, I am feeling very very done.

I have been fighting with a Big Box Store and the Manufacture of the Air Conditioner I bought as I cannot install it. It has a dual hose which I knew when I bought it but no where on the Big Box Store or the Manufacturer's' websites or even the instruction manual does it state that hose cannot be fully extended or installed the hose above the unit. Everytime we connect the hose to the window the weight/pressure from the hose pulls the hose out of the window.

The big box store has been nothing but a HORRIBLE experience.
    I chat with them online and they told me as per their policy "I should" be able to be returned and to give it a try, I will admit I did not like this answer as moving one of these units in and out of the house and car is not easy.
    So I called head office who told me I could return but then called the store to get me a return number. But, the store is refusing to take the unit back because they say since we tried to install the unit it is now used and needs to be returned to the manufacturing and they do not want to deal with returning to the manufacture. The store's suggestion "used zip ties and duct tape to keep it in the window."
    I will admit it, I might have lost it a little bit because I do not understand how as per Head Office's return policy I can return the unit but the store manager can override head office and deny my return and as per head office "there is nothing we can do." Oh and since I bought it online but picked it up in store, it can only be returned to the store I picked it up at.

Next I contacted the manufacture, their first questions "Have you hired and professional to install the unit for you?" UM, NO, I should not have to pay an HVAC person to install a portable unit. I have two other units that I was able to install both units by myself in under 30 minutes.

Next they tell me I need to record a video of my trying to install the unit and send it to them. I explain I am not comfortable with this as the night before we tried to 4 hours to install it and it keeps popping out of the window and the pieces popping out of the window are plastic and I am worried they are going to break. So I asked "if a piece breaks well I try to install this unit, I have already explained I cannot install will you replace the piece?" The answer that depends if it was an install issue or a product defect but I could always buy replacement pieces. Literally I think my head was spinning at this point.

I had sent the manufacturing an email before I phoned but I admit, I had no patients at this points, this was Tuesday and Wednesday was supposed to feel like 40 and we have a useless unit we cannot install. Well they finally emailed me back asking for a photo of the unit and the window we are trying to install into so I sent this once I got home. Nothing, so now I have sent another email and have posted reviews online stating how this until cannot be installed if the window is above the unit. We have emailed the Box Stores head office asking how a store can override head offices policies, it has been a huge headache and we still do not have AC.

The heat and humidity is causing Mom's health issue is to be even worse and I am so frustrated at this point. At this point all I want to do is return this unit and get one with a "normal" hose that I can install. This was not a cheap unit and I do not have the $$$ to just got another unit we figure this out. UGH
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Let's get this work day over with!

I want to putter around the garage when I get home. Garbage day is Monday so motivates me to add to the garbage bin

Have a wonderful day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Yesterday after work I went to Costco because they had all of Mom's vitamins on sale. Costco is by far the best price but if you can grab them when they are sale you cannot pass up that price especially when she takes multiple of each a day.

Well I was there I got:
    3-pack Whole Grain Bread
    3-pack Hot Dog Buns
    3-pack Hot Dogs (WOW these have gone up in price, we do not eat a lot of Hot Dogs but they will now become a treat like Bacon)
    Natural Cheese Slices
    Kirkland AA Batteries
    2 x Glucosamine*
    1 x Calcium Magnesium*
    1 x Turmeric*
    Ice Cream Sandwiches (30 pack)*
    2 x Miracle Whip*
    1 x Finish DishWasher Tabs*
    1 x Mr Clean Cleaner*

All of the items with the * beside them are on sale but I do not have my receipt with me right now for the exact prices.

Mom now also wants to the Collagen pills that I believe @harbie previously mentioned and they are on sale so I will have to take a trip back to Costco. They also now have my Mom's coffee creamer in the flavour she likes. I did not think she would go through a Costco size bottle so I did not grab it, but she wants it, she is enjoying a cup of coffee here and there at home since she does not go out for coffee anymore.

Still need to grab some stuff at the local stores and need a few things for a dessert I am making for Father's Day. We make this dish what is and Ice Cream Sandwich but the Cookie/Cake part is Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats with Vanilla Ice Cream in the middle, so I am going to make that. Not sure if I will be able to come up with a Vegan option, we shall see.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Jun 17th, 2022 at 03:10 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I had a lovely lunch out with a friend today (i treated her as she has been out of work for months) she got the tip ,so it was sooo nice -normal day .

Then we went into talize i gave her a $5.00 cpn if you spent over 30.00 (i got from donations over the yrs .I spent $40.20 and got 7 items so i was happy.

new socks $1.69
    ricki tank top 8.99 dressy
    max studio long skirt 8.99
    old navy sparkly t-shirt 7.29
    tank top 7.99
    top long sleeve for ashlyn for fall navy blue stripes on it 4.99 on for half off $2.49
    puzzle 1,000 piece 4.29 -i must say their puzzles have come down in price they were 4.99 before the 2019

but the clothing has gone up a bit i am sure i paid 2 yrs ago 5.99 for a t-shirt but hey what not is going up i also saved 5.00 with the cpn i had.So i am doing a happy dance as i just turned a top into rags this week and thru a skirt out too holy.
    I was looking at the pants at Talize on MOnday and most pairs seem to start at $10.99 (yes, price hikes) for anything in black! Hard to find pants under that price. Dresses are mostly knee-length or above the knee and usually sleeveless if garments are from the past three years. The odd vintage dress was on the racks.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@SassyAshley what kind of creamer does Costco carry. I love flavoured cream and drink coffee daily. I am going this weekend as my kids are back to eating jumbo hot dogs and Schieders are on sale for a double pack at only 2.00 more than a single at No Frills and they will freeze.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy with the strong winds today-boon for laundry drying! Had wimpy wind on Tuesday but Ms. Sunshine was grilling away so laundry dried that day anyhow! Noticed how yesterday at 6:30am there was condensation on the exterior door outside but one hour later, it was getting hot! I collected the weekly paper bundle after 4am (I seem to have a knack for waking up and not being able to go back to sleep).

I have used the factory reset on the BLU cellphone for the 4 th time. I had a Google Android update on Tuesday (took about 10min on library wifi and the battery drain...). Wed night I was finally able to log into Bro's home wifi (no luck on Thursday) and I had a Chrome browser update along with 20 other app updates. 9% of battery got drained during that process. I realized I could not get Lowes Flyer to load, only the first page. I am not happy that random game apps seem to download so I have to boot them off via Settings>Apps. Thankful I had a tablet stylus for home wifi time (2hours so I was happy) as my right pinky could not always get a screen action to engage or character to type. Since I had a vibrate setting on the phone, every time the stylus was tapping keys for a search, it seemed I was playing a video game. SOme keys actually don't type but the keys above them DO. That was part of the experience. Dollarama carries a $3 tablet pen but I was fine with the $2 stylus. I do love the Dark Theme for the phone as the background does not strain my eyes as much during the evening. Realized that the 1GB RAM on the phone is half used by various apps and other tasks, so despite the fact that the phone is going to be given to a friend, I'd like to know what 32GB SD card will cost for such a phone. Oh, bonus-I had some random Samsung phone spam contest ad pop on the screen when using RBC's wifi on Tuesday night, on the way home from the library. Only an OK button option in the box-so I managed to swipe the box away to get it off my screen or at least out of site.

Wish that I could get my Gmail account to work-would love to try the HSR app, PRESTO app and a few flyer ones too. But no way will I give the home phone number to Google!
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Amazon Prime members-you must be thrilled at news that in 2022, Canada gets Prime Days on July 12 and 13 (saw the headline and heard the news on Morning Live today):
    https://nationalpost.com/shopping-es...in-canada-2022
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information