User Tag List

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1908Likes

Thread: June 2022 Frugal Chat ;Summer is here!!!!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@SassyAshley It’s crazy how the people that are hired to repair things end up destroying them

We didn’t get to HD last night since I was exhausted so maybe tonight just before closing so hopefully it won’t be too busy.

Going to start another day of cleaning and laundry , but first my coffee.

I still haven’t made it to the garden to plant some more stuff so I might try today (in between the rain ) and get my peas done and see if I have any more radishes. The last brand turned out small and crappy.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

SC is double and triple posting

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Spent about 4 hours in the basement.

When I went back down I moved some stuff off the shelves that were left in the Stockpile room so I could move the shelves. I moved them into the middle of the room and scrubbed down the wall behind them in case Mom wanted to paint.

Nope, no painting, Mom decided she just wanted to rebuild the pantry as so much on the main floor is waiting on us having access to the basement again. Kind of hoping she reaches the same point with the main floor as I can build the hallway bookcase and we will paint later. I am at a point that I feel like all painting, although I know it needs to be done should wait for fall.

The pantry is about 90% rebuilt. Everything that has been put back into the pantry has been wiped down and all expiry dates checked. We have a couple Tomato Paste that just expired so we will freeze those. As well I found some sweetened condensed milk that is expired, I was going to use it at Christmas but when I skipped Christmas they did not get used. I also have a Jif Peanut Butter that is part of the recall, I forgot to bring it up so will fill out the claim form tomorrow.

Right now the only stuff that has not been moved back into the pantry is: flour, oils, a bin of rice and a bin full of various chinese noodles. Should not take us to wipe these down and move them back into the pantry. We did not get it today as our cart I use to move them around the basement is upstairs with the AC unit on it. Plus I was done, I was getting sore, my feet and back were hurting so I was done for the day.

Not that I want to put off finishing the pantry but I have not gotten any meal/ingredient prep done. Thinking I might do the meal/ingredient prep tomorrow and finish the pantry Monday after work. Just trying to maximize my time. We shall see what happens tomorrow.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Finally called it quits for the day. Dh helped me in the garden throughout the day. I spent a lot of hours working in the back yard gardens off and on over the last 12hrs. There’s still a lot more to tackle tomorrow.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Sunday Everyone

Up early and getting right at it.

I got a new mattress pad a while ago because my old one the backing fell off so I could not wash it anymore. I did the research but I am disappointed, it is not as fluffy or soft as advertised and I do not find it as comfortable as my old one. I went to wash it today only to discover it will not fit in our washer even though the description said it is the same as washing a queen size comforter. I can wash a queen size comforter but this will not fit in my washer. Not only that I noticed the stuffing is bunching up and it not flat anymore. Really disappointed, I should have just reordered the one for Costco.

My bedding is almost done, the last load of pillows is in the washer and my sheets are in the dryer.

I wanted to also do Mom's bedding but we got an email yesterday they are shutting off our water at noon. It says it will only be off half an hour, hoping that is accurate as I need to do some kitchen stuff and need water.

Working on cleaning our kitchen, dishwasher has been emptied and reloaded. Working on the hand dishes, almost done, I just have a muffin pan soaking in the sink, they stuck a little.

Next is meal/ingredient prep for the week. Lost of stuff to break down and prepare so it can be quick grab and go for the week to come.

I thought of something last night well I was getting ready for bed for dinner tonight and now it is gone. I remember thinking oh that will be perfect as it will use up the last of the older mushrooms but it is gone now.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wowser had the girls for 6 of 7 days this week after school and friday from noon til 6.00 p.m.My daughter came down and spent the night with sebastian i havent seen them in a month .All 3 kids running around the house today and at a playground we too them.

Now peace and quit ,ahhh so relaxing .I do enjoy them thou .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Dh surprised me with the most beautiful gift ever! He order a custom solid gold necklace with our pups nose print.

We got our baby when he was 8 weeks old (we saw him 8 hours after he was born) and sadly we had to say goodbye 16 years and 2 months later . We are coming up to the one year anniversary and it’s still the most painful loss for us so Dh surprised me with this necklace so now I can carry my baby with me at all times.

Name:  C2430AC6-F2A2-440F-B7DF-75A868E9F42B.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  56.5 KB

8 weeks old
    Name:  CC5370B5-7C66-4120-B453-3EE84D223D3E.jpeg
Views: 111
Size:  80.9 KB

Teenager-ish
    Name:  E0A348DF-8BA7-45D7-A69F-EE920691B954.jpeg
Views: 107
Size:  168.1 KB

My little ham
    Name:  3FAC1A91-E10A-4D62-80D5-E86AF9C0BA93.jpeg
Views: 110
Size:  91.3 KB
    Last edited by harbie; Sun, Jun 5th, 2022 at 04:37 PM.
    Purdee, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

One more cause I love and miss

Name:  83EA8F67-EE42-4090-82A5-B85CC0576E54.jpeg
Views: 106
Size:  117.0 KB
    Last edited by harbie; Sun, Jun 5th, 2022 at 04:42 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ahhh harbie such a lovely gift .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@harbie your DH is very thoughtful and it’s a beautiful gift. You fur baby was adorable

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , it is beautiful
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good news, the water was only off for half an hour but I had plans in place. I had one sink full of cold water for rinsing produce and the other full of soapy water for any washing needs.

Got some of the food prep done but not all of it. It was going well until I got to the Romaine and all of a sudden it felt like things slowed down. Probably did not help that I stopped for lunch and ended up taking an hour and a half break.

Tomorrow I will need to make my Salad Bar as I call it, various veggies to put in my salads and grate some cheese.

My bedding is done, nothing like climbing into a nice clean bed. Might try to get Mom's bedding done tomorrow.

I know I need to finish the pantry as well but we will have to see. I am not sure where to put AC unit if I take it off the cart. First I need to tidy up the dining room. Ugh, it feel a little overwhelming right now, there is so much to be done.

It isn't necessarily the work that to be done that is overwhelming but finding the time to get it all done. This past week I have kind of wished everything would slow down and give me more time. But tomorrow is Monday and back to my work schedule.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@harbie what sweet pics and precious memories of your furbaby, and now a beautiful necklace to bring you some comfort.
    That face! The expressions make me wish that our animals could speak.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@harbie lovely gift from your husband and lovely furbaby too
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hi all, !!! Just a quick update about my father eyes.He has is biometry tests last week and that was costly...200$ now the 2 eyes are affected by severes advances cataract and he will be opered to his 2 eyes in about 4-5 months .He is waiting the call..wow what a long waiting list...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information