User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Beware of telephone scams

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

WE live in Montreal and Chateauguay and we got the same calls.

Melanie

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I asked them to call back on my land line as I was on a highway==I gave the police # wonder if they called back.
    got them again recognized the # and answered Immigration Dept they had the nerve to hang up on me

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I keep getting phone calls from 777-777-7777. So weird. I know this is probably a spam phone number but does anyone know if it's the Windows fraud number?

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Last month I was getting the "Windows problem" call. My husband answered the and he has a macbook, he said "Oh it must be my wifes" and passed me the phone where the thick accented indian, went on to say she was with Windows and there was an error on my computer, I asked her which version of windows I had and she hung up. She called back a second time that same day, and I told her not to call back again, then a third time the next morning during my kids rush hour of feedings and school prep, so being not in the best of moods I went into the bathroom away from little people ears and gave her a peice of my mind ending in ".... and so HELP ME GOD call back again here and I will F*** find you you low life ****"

Problem solved lol
    NikyK likes this.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Guess Im lucky I never get any of these calls , telemarketers or anything , unlisted number and I never give out a real phone number when I fill out forms . I had changed my number that the phone company said was a recycled number to a never been used one , and it only rings from people I know , so much nicer !

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sosarea View Post
    Guess Im lucky I never get any of these calls , telemarketers or anything , unlisted number and I never give out a real phone number when I fill out forms . I had changed my number that the phone company said was a recycled number to a never been used one , and it only rings from people I know , so much nicer !
    Your lucky you don't get them, but I dont think it has to do with unlisted numbers or not giving it out. We have always just used cell phones, and only last month when my daughter got to the age that she likes to talk to her friends we decided to get a home phone..... the following week we got those calls.... I didnt even have my number remembered by then and nobody had it, so Im pretty sure they just use random digits to make numbers. So you've lucked out!!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    Your lucky you don't get them, but I dont think it has to do with unlisted numbers or not giving it out. We have always just used cell phones, and only last month when my daughter got to the age that she likes to talk to her friends we decided to get a home phone..... the following week we got those calls.... I didnt even have my number remembered by then and nobody had it, so Im pretty sure they just use random digits to make numbers. So you've lucked out!!

Did you ask the phone company when you signed up if the number has been used before ? They literally recycle phone numbers every 3 months so if someone was using the number previously these companies would have the number , I had that problem with my last landline , everybody and their brother was calling it , I called the phone company and they gave me a brand new never been used before number and it completly stopped . Your right they probably do do random digits sometimes but I also think they have phone lists , if its more than one place calling that number then I would say recycled number . Its worth a call to the phone company just to find out , I know how annoying it is .

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Sorry to bring back such an old thread. But I just received a call from a man with a heavy Indian accent and a really crappy phone (I could barley hear anything). He told me that he has reports from Windows that my computer has been acting up and he can help me remove malware and viruses. I told him "I know you're a scammer and I am going to call the police right now". He kept on saying "no, no, no, listen to me, you have viruses, I am a professional and I can help you remove them".

The number was unavailable on my caller ID. Now that I think about it, I should of have asked him some test questions like "how many computers do I own" and such...

BEWARE.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I also got those calls before. Luckily I am the computer builder/maintenance person of the family.
    Last edited by benson733; Fri, Jun 8th, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
    Join and earn, then cash in for paypal, giftcards or other prizes!
    SUPERPOINTS:
    http://superpoints.com/bonus/m9esrc
    SWAGBUCKS:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/benson733

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluebeer View Post
    *if* you never want these guys from India ( or from where-ever ) to call again ...take 30 minutes from them...and pretend you having a hard time finding the "start" button or the "windows" button...guaranteed they wont call back ...
    I haven't had a call since I confused my computer with my satelite signal into the phone receiver...lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Hey everyone, I know this is the wrong place to post but I wanted everyone just to be aware. Moderators - feel free to move to wherever you please (maybe a blog post)?

I got 2 phone calls in the last 2 days. One from someone with a thick Indian accent about my Windows computer sending error reports. I am having lots of computer troubles but I guess they count on most people having them. I questioned them lots and then said I didn't time to talk to them.

The second call was an automated call from that said I won 100,000 airmiles. Sounded fishy so i hung up as well. This made me a little curious because I had just checked out the real Airmiles contest on line yesterday!

Anyway, I googled these both and they are scams. I just didn't want anyone to get duped because apparently people do and give them access to their computers and other personal info.

Stay happy and healthy!
    thank you so much for all the info! i just got the same phone call today, but the guy has an english accent.

good thing for this thread i didnt fall for it.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread Information