User Tag List

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2411Likes

Thread: August 2022 Frugal Chatter: All about gardening and saving month!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

really good week. listed several items on the buy nothing. and sold 120.00 worth of other items. i am up in the air on a cabinet. ... might try for 50 or 75 .. see if it sells. i do want it gone.
    i have been wroking on rearranging stuff in the dc area. and cleaning out a closet. oy. i have alotof dc stuff .

i have a online 5 day workshop starting tomorrow. it will be good to spend some time with it.

tomorrow is rcss . not a huge shop i think. sales are lowish. might get a few thins for the food bank. i know ours is struggling.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening!!! Yes TGIF !!! Literraly a week with no energy,now with a headache so dinner is a pizza hut 2 for 1 pizza....kind of a night
    Have a good evening and night
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 : Check the GT store,smukers jam is advertissed at 2,97$ maybe you can pm?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @Angela273: Check the GT store,smukers jam is advertissed at 2,97$ maybe you can pm?
    Unfortunately GT is 2+hrs away.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@harbie: happy roadtrip, great baking and cooking ahead planning and have fun!!! Hoping your hand is not too painfull too.
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Aug 12th, 2022 at 10:09 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl: hope your little grand daughter Cara feels better soon poor little one :

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Finally spended my metro reward on a small salad and a OSole mio fettucine alfredo we had yesterday as dinner..now it is 14,99$ it increased .so expensive...checked the famillial cooked meal of lasagna..wow 25$ not paying that.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today was a busy and mostly productive day.

I completed another coupon trade. I’ve completed 6 trades over the last few weeks…which is quite a few trades for me. I’m trying to stock up on essentials, since I’m not sure how much deal hunting I’ll be able to do once I move.

Last day of swimming lessons. Ds passed, our twins did not. They all improved, which is good enough this time around.

3 loads of laundry got done.
    I had Ds help me move boxes and bags of stuff out to our driveway. Then I took pictures and posted everything for free. About 1/2 the items got picked up. It didn’t take long to clean up the leftovers.

The contractors finally came back and finished our shed roof. We are still waiting for a different company to finish the stucco on the front of our house.

I have a great driving record, so I saved $269 on the renewal of my van plates for the year. I paid with my points credit card, might as well earn what I can from the necessary expenses.

We picked up firefly take and make kits from the public library. Two of my kids already made their craft. They turned out cute.

I spent some time organizing my ELA 7 units. It’s nice to see the progress, even if my brain wasn’t into it.

A friend stopped by at supper time, so we fed him supper. He was the best msn at our wedding and remains a good friend of ours.

Tomorrow we’re finishing back to school shopping. Walmart has a 10% teacher discount…I’m hoping they don’t cause me trouble when I ask for the discount. Then we have my aunt’s online memorial service. Then Dh and I will end the evening on a date.

I’m happy with the way this week went. It’s good to see my work prep progress.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Aug 13th, 2022 at 12:00 AM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    This week, I had a lot to get done for work. I needed to prepare a new staff member for working without my help for the next couple of week until I come back to teach them more. As well we had a manager leave, timing is not good (but that is life) so we will have one manager overseeing two locations for the next couple of weeks. Luckily the locations are not even an hour apart but it means my trainee will be alone for part of each day well their manager is in the other location each day.

I did manage to get some shopping done this week. I did a Costco run, we did not need a lot but of course grabbed a few extras since I was there, it was all the stuff we normally buy, I just grabbed it so I do not have to go back in 2 weeks. I also shopped at No Frills yesterday right at opening, love getting in and out in under 30 minutes before the store gets busy, plus I went to Wal-Mart to grab a few things.

Got caught up on the most of the daily household stuff which is nice. I have to admit the last couple of months have been rough just trying to keep up, it takes almost everything I have to keep up at work so the house has suffered. The kitchen is clean (won't be for long, I am off to spend the morning in the kitchen), the bathroom is clean, laundry is done, just need to do the floors now.

Chopped off most of my hair this week, it was down to the middle of my back and I felt like it was just too much hair. Now it sits on my shoulder and is so much easier to deal with and take care of.

As crazy as life is right now, I feel like there is a light at the end of the tunnel which is really helping my mental health, I feel like I can breathe.

Happy Saturday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

I dropped DS off at work. Came home and cleaned the kitchen and made breakfast. Just surfing the net while enjoying my coffee.
    Now time to finish putting the laundry away and then shower and get dressed for the day.
    Have a business open house to attend. Then the day is free
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Aug 13th, 2022 at 10:38 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Flashfood has tons of veggie boxes for $5 but I don't want to over buy. I have onions/tomato etc already.

I did buy 2 x Dempsters garlic parm bagels and 2 x Dempsters cheese bagels for 50 cents each. Will toss them in the freezer and let DS know to use them.
    (the cheese ones were showing $1 each when I bought the garlic ones and then showed up at 50 cents so they must have just marked them down) Deal! Perfect for DS for breakfast sandwiches to go.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Aug 13th, 2022 at 09:57 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning everyone!!!
    Decided this week we will be eating from the freezer for the dinners.We have salmon,shrimps,chicken and a few others things.So I dont want to spend to much at Maxi and cie tomorrow.Noticed since I bought veggies in my offer of buy and paid I have more offers like that..but not the fruits...but I will take it!!! This week we need patatoes and the 10lbs russet or white are a buy get ...price at 2,99$ so we will buy 1 or2 bags ..I dont think it can be lower.Noticed the dishes soap detergent sale are not good as before ,it was 3 for 5$ now I found a deal at maxi 1,99$ with my 1,00$ x3 coupons...will stock up on these tomorrow
    Grocery is so much increased...so difficult with the budget...did not regret to buy the frozen pork tenderlion at 2,77$ lbs last week at superc..the price are now 4,99$ lbs..sigh

I did go to harvest market...I love the ambiance..

It is sunny,after a good night of sleep I feel better
    Have a good one!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

one of the things i am really focusing on right now is all trcking of groceries. ouch. i need to focus on less is more.
    i did do a 30.00 shop donation to our local food bank. I feel good about that. but .. ouch.. i have to get the shopping under control

we are well stocked on alot of stuff. so we are good. i suspect september will be less. ... hopefully. i may do a .. basic shop month. this month i have been stocking up on a few items. ... need to focus a bit...

ok. going to spend the rest of the day working on a course. i have 1 load of small items to wash- dryer for that. bbq for supper. might try and convince hubby to watch a movie... hmmm.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

That was a big WM trip, but I got 10% off the entire purchase because it’s teacher’s appreciation week!
    $41.54 in savings
    $7.50 CO51
    $0.25 Eclipsa
    $0.10 Caddle
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Aug 13th, 2022 at 04:36 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m registering for a bunch of fall library programs. They put family a bunch on Saturdays, which I’m excited about. I signed us up for 4 Science experiments, 3 family crafts, and 3 take & make kits.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information