User Tag List

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

SCOP at Shoppers - got a case of cat food for 3.99 ($10 taken off), San Pellegrino 6 pack rang in wrong, than I was charged $7.29 for cookies that were $2.79. Somehow through all the confusion, I wasn't charged for a foot file. It pays to notice prices, especially since stores have cut back on staff with self check outs, and prices are not being updated. Shoppers, Walmart and Dollarama are where I notice price discrepancies the most.

Did laundry and Spray & Wash didn't remove a grease stain - thankfully I didn't put it in the dryer. What does everyone on this forum use as a stain remover?
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, Dec 30th, 2022 at 08:11 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Avatar The Way of Water. It was 3hr 10min long. The movie was ok, but slow. It’s very clearly a setup for the next movie.
    @Angela273 not sure if I could sit through 3 hours and 10 min as well as previews.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@barbis9 . Good that you did not put it in the dryer because you can likely still get it out. I prefer oxy clean as I find other products don’t work and if all else fails I use blue dawn dish detergent on a grease stain. I rub it in and let it sit for a while then wash again. So far it’s always worked.
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis -i like oxy spray also along with a stick called buncha farmers stick .I use to buy it up north in specialty shops now i buy it in my city at 'pluto" or Once upon a child" about $4.99 lasts a long time and my neighbour told me about it and has used it for yrs -i have used it for about 5 yrs now .It lasts a long time also .

Oh i just looked well.ca sells it for $4.79.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Dec 31st, 2022 at 07:54 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@barbis9 , I have always used Blue Dawn on grease stains. We have a bottle that lives in our laundry room just for this purpose.

My Mom used to teach cake decorating and worked in framing at Michael's the stains were many and Blue Dawn never let me down on grease stains.
    Giseledta, harbie and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    What does everyone on this forum use as a stain remover?
    I make a paste with powdered tide and water and let it sit for a couple of hours, slightly rub and then launder as normal. I’ve been able to get stains that have even went through the dryer.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning

Yesterday was a hard day but I’m done until Wednesday! Dh and I are headed to the bank for an ATM deposit, Safeway (next door to the bank) to grab a just egg and more silk creamer. We will walk to SDM so I can use the 5000 point offer. Other than that just chill.

After work yesterday I hit up a Safeway on my way home and found Silk peppermint mocha creamer reduced to $2.99- $1 coupon and 4 of them claimed for the $10 GC offer.

Have a great day everyone

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Feeling kind of blah today. I think it is because I slept in, oops. I woke up at 6 am, I had every intention of getting up but I was laying in bed listening to the rain as I was finding it very calming and oops, I fell back asleep.

I do not make resolutions but I do like to set goals for myself. Right now my biggest goal is to get myself back on track, I have fallen back into some of my old bad habits and I need to turn this around. But I also know, baby steps are best, if I try to tackle everything at once, I will fail so going to take it a few steps at a time. My current goals are:

Water, normally I drink I ton of water but I have noticed recently I am living off tea again. I am subbing tea for meals but this also means I am not drinking water because I am drinking so much tea.

Dinners, December was bad, as much as I love cooking, I love being in the kitchen it was taking everything in me just to get through my workday. Once my workday was done, I did not care about dinner, I did not want to cook, I was just counting down until bedtime and then it was just rinse and repeat. I feel so much better when we have good meals for many reasons, I really do think the time in the kitchen helps me mentally but I also feel better when we eat better.

Today, I am writing next week's meal plan plus I want to spend some time planning ahead. Finding new recipes we can try is key for us we need the variety, but also looking back at recipes we have tried and liked that can be added to the rotation.

House, oh as much as this is something on repeat for me, I need to get back on track with my house plans. When I struggle the first thing to suffer is the house, I will do the day-to-day bare minimum but the rest goes on the back burner. Earlier this year, I had a schedule for myself, what needed to be done daily/weekly/bi-weekly/monthly/3-month/6-month/once a year and that worked well for me. As well as tackling one project per week. I need to get back on track with that.

My plan for today is to plan, organize and lay everything out so I can find my focus. I know many people think just do and feel that writing lists is wasting time. But, for me, I have learned it is needed to keep focus, stay on track and not get overwhelmed. Fact is fact, for me, I get overwhelmed easily and will shut down, is it not my best trait no but it is all about overcoming it and lists is how I overcome it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Happy New Year's Eve Day.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Dec 31st, 2022 at 11:08 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy last day of 2022
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wowser i am so tired having the littlest age 5 to sleep over is a bit harder ,she went to bed 8.30 woke up at 1.00 a.m she peed so i changed her ,then woke again at 2 then up at 5.30 a.m .Needless to say i feel tired right now ,we took her home at 10.00 am as she missed her mommy and daddy and /sister.lol

Last night at swiss chalet i was thrown off my game with her and forgot to give them my scene card .So i contacted them and had to send a picture of the bonus points loaded offer and a bit of information and my reciept and i got my 212 points ,was a bit of work but worth it to me .

Went into shoppers and got 2 godiva dark chocolates for $4.50 half off as i am going to someone's house on monday and wish to take one .

Also got 2 rolls for kids xmas wrapping paper 1.99 each to put away for next year .
    Giseledta, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good afternoon all.

did the grocery shopping. ordered a flash food box for 5.00 - 12 roma tomatoes, 1 cantaloupe, 3 banana, and 8 apples. not a bad deal. useda 2.00 coupon, and saved 5.00 on price matching. 34 765 pc points, 6.00 co 51, .75 ecipsa.
    and came in under budget. so i feel very good. about that.

everything is organized and sorted in the fridge . i do need to clean the upstairs pantry... prob a tomorrow job. lol.
    made the dogs thier kongs, trying to use them more. the puppies love them
    going to spend a bit crocheting. then go and work on the dc room for a bit. i have all teh inflatables from outside in there drying before i put them away.

i do need to pop over to dollerama and pick up a couple things to orgaise 2023 money stuff.

prob wont stay up till midnight.

hugs to all
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Definitely won’t be staying up til midnight. Us ( as close to a dinosaur as I could find ) just can’t do it.

Claimed another $3.50 on CO51 for me and $5.00 on Dh’s.

5x So Delicious Coco nog at Safeway for 99C ea and claimed $1 on each. 1C money maker on each. They’re good until March or May ( can’t remember). It’s going to be the “milk” in my pancake recipe I make. Mmmmmmmm Nog pancakes.

Went for a walk with Dh and stopped by SDM to use the 5000 points offer. Got another under eye gel patch so we both get one. Yes, we are doing spa day tonight. Shhhhh Dh really likes it and so do I. Nice way to relax, get beautiful and enjoy a glass of wine.

Picked up some grapes at IGA for $11 . I know, but they are the size of jawbreakers and I’ve had such a craving for ice cold grapes so it had to be done.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Picked up some grapes at IGA for $11 . I know, but they are the size of jawbreakers and I’ve had such a craving for ice cold grapes so it had to be done.
    Since you already have the grapes, maybe you could try that "eat-12-grapes on NYE" Spanish tradition
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Grapes

It seems to be a trend on TikTok.
    Giseledta, harbie and barbis9 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I for sure will not be staying up til midnight,and at my age who cares .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I will not be staying up until Midnight. It is too far out of my normal routine for me. When I get out of my routine I pay for it, my body does not handle it well, plus I have been working really hard to get my body back on track. Plus during the last 2 weeks of work, the stress got to me and it was affecting my sleep, I am just getting back on track.

Appetizers have been had, made way too much but I knew that going into it. Some of the leftovers will be lunch tomorrow everything else will go in the freezer for another time. We need more appetizer nights now that we do not go out. It used to be our go-to when we went out to eat to order appetizers but now that we do not eat out we will just have to have appetizer night at home. Honestly, I now prefer homemade appetizers, I can control the ingredients and since I do not deep fry, everything is air fried and not as greasy which works for me.

Oh my gosh, the spinach dip was oh so good, it was a Montana's Copycat and oh as good as I remembered.

We did not even open the Brie we had so much.

I have spent my day getting organized. One thing I have learned about myself this past year is I am either next-level organized or not organized at all. Today, I went next level.

I spent most of the afternoon on Pinterest going through my boards and finding meals we have tried and liked. I found so many recipes I had forgotten about. I went through categorized everything and made lists, I am obsessed with lists.

I now have two spreadsheets with many tabs. The first spreadsheet has meals we like broken down by protein and cooking style. It has the recipe, the link, and any comments on the recipe, plus in a separate file, I saved the recipe because sometimes blogs/recipes disappear. I have lost some recipes we love because I had them on Pinterest but went to open them later they were gone.

The second spreadsheet is recipes to try, again broken down by protein and cooking style. One of my goals this year is each week, I need to find 5 new recipes to try. We need that variety to stay on track.

It has been a good day, started the to-do list for next week and tomorrow I need to get my butt in gear and get some house stuff done.

Happy New Years everyone.
    harbie likes this.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread Information