User Tag List

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Went to M&M shop and bought a frozen shrimp ring as I had a ten dollar off promo from Journie and I was surprised they charged me tax on it. I have never paid tax on frozen shrimp rings before, not ever at the grocery story. Will have to contact the head office as that is wrong in my opinion. Not impressed.

Used a $20 off coupon at Rens for being a vip member, and found my mascara on sale at Rexall. Other than that, trying to not shop online and stay out of the stores.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@cath007 I have been redeeming my Mcdonalds coffee stickers, the last one wasn't full and they still honored it.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Well, yesterday did not go as planned. I messed up my Saturdays.

I got the Blueberry Muffins made and the Pasta Bake made and in the Fridge, I sat down to have another cup of tea and some muffins and my sister-in-law messaged me, "Are you coming tonight?" Oh crap, in my head the local Santa Clause Parade was next Saturday but nope it was last night. Our branch was putting a float in and a bunch of our family was going to go and support them and be in the parade with them.

Oh my gosh was it cold last night and I cheated, I rode in the truck instead of walking the parade route.

So, the dryer did not get done, so now I need to do that today, just waiting for Mom to get up as I need her help to pull the dryer out.

We still have the Pasta Bake for dinner tonight because I had leftovers before the parade and did not eat after the parade and Mom had Chicken Soup.

I also have some other stuff I want to try to get done today so will see what I can get done before Mom gets up. We shall see, I am a little slow this morning. I am feeling all congested on the side that was sitting with the window open, I do not think my sinus appreciated the cold wind last night.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Morning all.

I’m tired this morning. Dh was up exercising a demon multiple times last night he has some food poisoning from the lunch work served at inventory. Poor guy. He was at it again once this morning. He feels fine but I don’t think he can handle things like a greasy pizza even if it’s vegan.

I’m just going to take it easy this morning. Have my tea and try to get some more sleep. Maybe a walk if he’s feeling better but we’ll see.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found many branches on the ground yesterday afternoon so spent time collecting and bagging them. Raked some leaves too. Must admit that any high wind days after this Tuesday is going to put my teeth on edge for fallen branches. I can keep about 3 full yard bags in the garbage shed over winter but I cannot motivate Bro to take bags to the transfer station unless he feels up to it. My winter gloves are looking torn (from branch snapping; the urethane surface fabric has torn in so many places) but I will keep them for yard use once I get a newer pair at Giant Tiger (old style igloves are not lurking in a sales bin) next week. These gloves are better for cold weather use than my yard/garden gloves (no lining inside of them).

Managed to read some more of my book this morning, along with some pop and cookies and salted caramel Waterbridge Slims. Made curried lentil stew (perfect for today) and hung up (with Bro's help) the sheer curtains Mom ironed but did not get up on the rods yesterday. Tided kitchen/dining room and the bathroom. Put the new Xmas bevvie napkins in the napkin holder for a bit of colour next to the white dinner napkins. Also placed one of the new Xmas kitchen towels on the oven door handle (Simons order arrived yesterday so the new towels were laundered; did not realize my Hot Sox latte socks were gripper socks but they will be a new experience). My contribution to holiday decor with small touches--have to get the two Nutcracker dolls out later as well.

Who's been able to load their GT VIP deals in the past two weeks? App or desktop?
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am super happy, I did not pay someone to come and clean the dryer vent as there was little lint in it. One lint ball that was not blocking the pipe and with a few knocks on the pipe it fell out. I did vacuum everything out since we had it pulled apart. Most of the lint was at the opening where the vent is on the outside wall because the vent is broken and the moisture lets the lint stick and even then it was bad. Although I did get lint in my eyes.

We could not get the draft blocker on the pipe, I offered to go to Home Hardware and see if I could get a different part but Mom wasn't into it, she is in pain so we put it back together. I will go to Home Hardware this week and look for different parts, I should be able to "fix" it without pulling the dryer out again, just take the top elbow off.

All and all it only took us about an hour, maybe a little more as we struggled with the draft blocker, if we had not struggled with the draft blocker, it would have been done in under an hour.

I have other things I need to tackle but my tummy is really feeling off today.

I did spend a little bit of time on Pinterest looking for some new recipes. I was mainly looking for Slow Cooker recipes but also a spinach dip recipe as I have some defrosted Spinach to use up. Plus if I can use more out of the freezer that would be a bonus as we are overstocked right now.

Looking forward to adding some new recipes to the rotation.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Morning all.

I’m tired this morning. Dh was up exercising a demon multiple times last night he has some food poisoning from the lunch work served at inventory. Poor guy. He was at it again once this morning. He feels fine but I don’t think he can handle things like a greasy pizza even if it’s vegan.

I’m just going to take it easy this morning. Have my tea and try to get some more sleep. Maybe a walk if he’s feeling better but we’ll see.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.
    Oh @harbie your poor hubby! Food poisoning symptoms are nothing to balk at. Messy, painful and " sudden onset! ". I hope the guilty culprit leaves his body fast.

So far it has been an inside cooking prep day. Trying to get a few things made and into the freezer for DH's and DS'sd b'day party coming up in 2 weeks.
    There is also the Christmas Eve food I have to get working on. That nosh takes place on Christmas Eve ( obviously ) but starts around 5 p.m. and the trick is I like to have things on the menu that are NOT going to be served at the dinner the next day.
    Variety is king!!

So far I've made up 4 rolls of a dough that slices and bakes ( like a cookie ) but they are cracker/crisps. Extra sharp old cheddar cheese, cayenne and pecans in the dough. A batch of cocktail sized Cherry Bourbon Ham balls that were done in the pressure cooker are now in the freezer along with the extra dipping sauce
    ( yellow mustard, Worcestershire and brown sugar ), will serve over Basmati rice.

A Glazed Maple Turkey Meatloaf that will be used to make hilarious tiny Appy's. The Old fashioned plain Timbits are the " bun " ( sliced through the middle ) with a small circle of the meatloaf as the " slider " burger. A decorative toothpick holds them together. Lotsa fun.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sun, Dec 4th, 2022 at 03:19 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My first time posting on here in 3wks. I went home last weekend. I attended Dh’s work Christmas party. My work Christmas party was this weekend, Dh was unable to attend. I’ll be going home again Thursday evening (if the roads are good) or Friday morning during the daylight. There are free locally sponsored Christmas festivities next Saturday that Dh and I plan on taking our kids to. We have purchased at least 1 gift for each of our children. We’re having a harder time buying things for twin boy. We have chosen not to have any gaming systems in our home.

I baked this new recipe this morning. I didn’t have dried cranberries at this house and I left out the nuts because most of my workplace is nut free. It reminds me of haystack cookies, but not too sweet.

https://farmflavor.com/recipes/doubl...-oatmeal-bars/
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 8 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@walkonby, oh my, jus reading that list is making me hungry, sounds amazing.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Linen Chest has 3 styles of Women's Ugg slippers on sale/clearance (actually there is 4th slipper style marked clearance but without any price reduction; a robe is also on clearance w/o markdown), in case anyone wants a sale on Ugg indoor footwear. Products in UGG on Linen Chest | Linen Chest Canada

Let's see if other retailers have Ugg sales:
    The Bay Ugg Clearance | TheBay

Bed Bath and Beyond-change store location to the one nearest you and search "Ugg Sale". There is not quite 2 pages of stock as other 2 pages are sold out items.
    https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/s/ugg-sale/

Nordstrom Canada (Cyber Monday runs to Monday Dec. 5): some footwear and socks here Ugg sale | Nordstrom
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Walkonby -wow sounds like a nice meal plan ,sounds yummy also.

Had my daughter come and spend the night sat into sunday ,she left around 3.00 p.m .We played with sebastian so she could work from her laptop ,day 14 after covid she still has a nasty cough so i gave her some halls to take home .
    We had cara come this morning but her and sebastian had a fight because she didnt want to play with him ,goodness 5 and a 6 yr old cousins .Fun weekend with my grown kids sat night we had takeout with the grandkids .

Still have a few gifts to buy ,but not sure what and a few stocking stuffers for the grandkids .I guess i am not wanting to go in and out of stores as i dont want to catch covid and not have xmas after 2 yrs of not having xmas .A bit tired now so just chilling .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late evening everyone!!!
    Still behind schedule...grrr
    But on another side,I put the garbages and recycle out ,did 2 loads of laundry and a small grocery shop tonight .
    2 loads of laundry are due this week also( bedroom sheets and other stuff)
    I wanted to do a cute idea of Christmas stocking treats for my cats...so I printed coupons from purina.Maxi and cie did not have 2 products I was looking for...bummer but got 4 bags of cats treats...Used 31,00$ in coupons and 20$ in pc points,some things are to donate in that...so oop of 20$ my kind of shopping!!!
    Dinner was leftovers pizza(veggies,all dress and hawaien)
    Noticed we use a lot of handsoap so I keep all the pumps and refill those with my big bottle of Dial I got free with fpc..so it is free ..dont need to buy some just a frugal tip
    Have a good evening night and week!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Dec 4th, 2022 at 09:20 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have such a busy December and after 2 years of lockdowns and restrictions it’s a bit overwhelming. This week I am out 5 out of 7 nights for events. I also need to find time for Costco as I ran out of pecans and need a batch of squares for Thursday as I am in the office. So my todo list is long. I have wrapped everything I have so far except for my most recent old navy purchases. Older son wanted a few plaid shirts and a number of people were given away old navy cash and I was lucky enough to receive one and I had a 20.00 gift card from a return last Christmas. I was glad to get that out of my wallet.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Happy Monday.

I was up early this morning but it was not easy getting out of bed, ugh, but I pulled my butt out of bed at 5:30 to get my day started.

I will admit, I was a little disappointed with what I got done this weekend. Saturday became pretty much a write-off because of the parade and I only got the dryer done yesterday as I was not feeling my best.

Since I was not motivated to get off the couch, I did get some work done so hopefully that will put me a little ahead for the week. So, I can try to find a balance between work and home this week.

I have finished the first of two big work tasks, I have to get done today.

Started emptying the dishwasher well I made my breakfast. Will finish after Breakfast. Having Honey & Lemon to Drink with a Blueberry Muffin and Yogurt with Blackberries & Raspberries.

I picked a few house tasks for today that are my top priorities to get done today before bed last night. I am trying my best to keep myself focused.

Not sure about dinner tonight, I was thinking Chicken Caprese Spaghetti Squash but since we had Pasta last night, maybe not. I am kind of craving something with Potatoes, we shall see what happens as the day goes on.

Happy Monday
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

Working from my hotel room this morning . My legs feel like jelly. I have done so much walking the past 24 hrs.
    Will have a shower soon and pack up. Will go grab some sandwiches/snacks and charge to the room before I leave so I can redeem points against them.
    Then DS will have sandwiches

I haven't had much sleep so I am sure bedtime will be early tonight. Will have to keep moving till then or I will get lazy.

Have a great day!
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information