User Tag List

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2565Likes

Thread: December 2022 Frugal Chat (when Autumn turns into Winter)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning still having symptoms of the flu .Hopefully i feel better by monday.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@coupon girl . Sending get well better vibes your way.

Worked yesterday and got to see one of my fave clients pup. She is such a sweetheart and I miss puppy cuddles. My client gave me a nice bonus which is always greatly appreciated and she gave me more of her homemade spicy dill pickles. OMG they are so freaking good. I love my clients.

Figured a bit of a Starbucks hack when ordering a peppermint mocha. It’s not exactly the same but so close. I ordered a grande blonde roast regular coffee and added 4 pumps peppermint syrup, 4 pumps mocha sauce and 2 shots signature espresso and a splash of soy milk. Then when you go to redeem for a free drink it only costs 50 starts and not 150. It’s classified as a regular coffee and not a specialty and tastes almost the same. Starbucks for the win! So Dh and I shared it.

After getting home we hot the gym and I did a 25 min run which I haven’t done in such a long time. Progress is progress even though I know I’m capable of so much more. Small steps forward are better than no steps.

After the gym we went to the bank to deposit my payments and my big Rakuten cheque ( a whopping $6) . Then hit up RCSS across the street but they didn’t have the apples I wanted to PM or any NI mushrooms so we picked up bananas and some ritz crackers. Then went to NF to get my mushrooms (3 packs X 5.00) 2 bunched of celery (@2.99 ea) wow they are small and pricey! Dh got NN salt and vinegar chips as his treat.

Last stop was Safeway for the 3lb onions (2X2.99) and 5lbs carrots (2X2.99) garlic (3.99) and I got dad’s chocolate chip oatmeal cookies since NF only had the plain oatmeal ones for my treat.

The plan for today is to make multiple batches of the garden bolognese sauce. I’ll make some in mini lasagnas and the rest will be pre portioned and vacuum sealed and frozen for future use. That and some laundry will literally take all day.

No snow like they forecasted

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!

DS started work an hour later today (he took an extra shift last night so asked to go in later today) Since friends are home for Christmas break and they had a gathering So I had a shower before I drove him to work and did my running around.

Went to NF- PM'd the Classico alfredo sauce. Went to WM. No alfredo sauce so got 4 red sauce. 4 x BD shredded cheese on for $4.44 less 2 coupons buy 2 save $3. Then to FB- grabbed a tray of BLSL chicken for dinner (save my freezer stock lol) raspberries x 2 mushrooms, 2x 18 pk eggs something else- total was $27. Paid with change (love that the self checkouts take change!!)

At FB they have the Boursin products on for $4.44. I thought there was a coupon out so looked in my bin now and found one for $2 off. I will pick a few up this week (1 for grandma one for DS since I think he will like it)

Now to get the kitchen cleaned and put away the groceries.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I did laundry last night. This morning I’ve baked chicken thighs, double chocolate oatmeal squares, and beef barley vegetable soup. I won’t have to do much cooking before I leave for Christmas break. I’ll be heading to the school soon to tackle marking, planning, etc. the school division turns down the temperature at the school when they believe the building is unoccupied. So I have an area heater and extra sweaters at the school. I often pack lunch and supper each day.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

harbie -thanks for the well wishes .HaHa my big raketan cheque was 8.00,hey better than nothing right. Today is wrap all the gifts day i will do it in stages ,of when i feel like it .

My son got hurt at work last night ,thank goodness he is okay .Honestly xmas will be great on boxing day with my kids and grandkids .My daughter said she will bring some chocolate cookies and grapes as she has a lot -always appreciate sharing .Last month i let her take home a laundry soap ,fabric softner and toilet paper ,as i know toronto is an expensive city to live in .

Everyone have a great weekend ,sending hubby for my prescription later.My hubby's older brother gave him about 10 filled mcdonalds cards to use up for coffee since he knows he loves their coffee (nice gesture) .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    harbie -thanks for the well wishes .HaHa my big raketan cheque was 8.00,hey better than nothing right. Today is wrap all the gifts day i will do it in stages ,of when i feel like it .

My son got hurt at work last night ,thank goodness he is okay .Honestly xmas will be great on boxing day with my kids and grandkids .My daughter said she will bring some chocolate cookies and grapes as she has a lot -always appreciate sharing .Last month i let her take home a laundry soap ,fabric softner and toilet paper ,as i know toronto is an expensive city to live in .

Everyone have a great weekend ,sending hubby for my prescription later.My hubby's older brother gave him about 10 filled mcdonalds cards to use up for coffee since he knows he loves their coffee (nice gesture) .
    Free coffee always tastes better

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is clean. Groceries away and fridge cleaned/organized.

We have everything needed for our Christmas Brunch (Eggs, toast, peameal, potatoes/onion etc to make homefries, OJ and I bought a container of Gay lea whipped cream for pancakes if we decide to make these too. If not will make them another morning while off school/work.

I have a load of towels in the washer. Now off to put away clean laundry in the spare room (was hung to dry)

I have wrapping to do too...not sure I feel like it today. Was suppose to go for a family dinner but said I had too much to do. (its out of town so not just a simple pop in and then home after)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I lost a container of stocking stuffers for the grandkids ,now i found it so yipee dont have to buy anymore -i pick up dollar store stuff thru out the year .It is amazing how much i save from buying year round from the gap i just wrapped 2 pairs of leggings for cara one pair 1.48 the other pair 3.48=4.96.And i got a long sleeve top for ashlyn 2.66.Mind you the boys dept never goes that cheap so i grab the deals when i see them.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Did i tell you that i got this bug from cara as she missed school friday due to a fever ,that little one is sick a lot ,she is tiny too for age 5.I told hubby if we need to babysit after school this week on wed/thurs he can go over.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

It’s always the kids @coupon girl they are little petri dishes . Hope your sons ok and not hurt too badly.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , hope your son is better quickly.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Inventory is done, was supposed to be at work for 8, but I went in at 6:30, I was awake so headed in. We were ready and done at 7:30 but waiting for the controller to come in.

We were done just before 1 pm which is a record for this location but we were still the second last location to close.

Having a cup of tea and then it is time to make cookie dough for my co-worker's gifts. Both need to be refrigerated so I will refrigerate them overnight tonight and bake them tomorrow morning.

Happy Saturday
    harbie, coupon girl and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just got my cards done ,yes i still send them 12 cards to family and friends .My daughter says this is an ancient tradition ,do you ladies or men still send them just curious?
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last week, I found a good deal on chicken breast chubs and bought a dozen. I shared my bounty with a fellow forumite, Purdee. We met and she bought a couple. (She's as nice in person as she is on the forum. )

I am curious if any other forumites have actually met other forum members in real life?
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hermann -i did meet a lovely lady that lives close to me and we use to meet up before covid and look thru each others extra cpns .I still message her here from time to time,not that much as she has small children .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information