User Tag List

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , oh no, I am so sorry to hear you failed your exam.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I woke up this morning at 4 am wide awake and decided to embrace it and get up and start my day. Already knocked a number of things off today's work to-do list and hoping to get in a few small breaks and get some house stuff done before the weekend.

I was working in a branch yesterday setting up everyone with the Test System so I grocery-shopped my way home. I will say I was a bit disappointed in some of the produce but got everything on my list except Peppers, neither the ones at Food Basics or No Frills were very good. As well I was not organized and got Raspberries at Foods Basics for $1.88 but I meant to get them at No Frills and Price Match Walmart at $1.67, oops, but still a good price.

I also ended up spending a bit more than I had planned but the sales and the points lined up so now we are stocked up. There will be a lot of time in the kitchen this weekend.

I do still need to go to Costco, I had planned to go yesterday but my plan was to be out of the branch by noon, but I did not leave until almost 2. I was on my feet all morning, I got there at 7 and did not sit until I got in my car at 2 so I did not have Costco in me. Plus I was worried about Fridge space. Mom is going to do some meal prepping for herself so I grabbed some extra stuff for that, luckily pretty much everything she needed was on sale but my fridge is pretty stuffed right now.

Happy Friday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Friday!!!

We are getting the rain but I welcome it to make the snow disappear! Then it will be yard clean up time . We are in for a mess haha!

I am planning to get lots done around the house this weekend. Spare room is my starting point. First thing I will do is post the office chair in there for sale. Cheap $10 to get rid of it. Then deal with the odds and ends that have collected in there.
    I will move my portable table in there and then I can use it to sort/sell stuff. Haven't added to my "crap Sold" envelope since last year but I am pretty sure it has over $200 in it. I will have to count it tonight so I can be encouraged to fill it .

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie, Tweets77, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning sorry to hear you failed cath ,it took me 3 times to get my drivers license back when i was 36.

Son needed us at 8.00 a.m to watch the girls til noon so he could sleep after nights ,so i asked hubby if he could go .As my knees are so sore.
    Daughter called me from her zen retreat this morning to apologize for when she is so snappy with me ,some things trigger her from her divorce even in conversation .Nice to have an apology i accepted as she is my daughter and i will be there for her forever.

On a good note i am getting my air mile free towels today .I missed seniors day at shoppers yesterday as i was too tired after the girls left ,say la vie their is always a deal around the corner .
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Sorry you didn’t pass your exam @cath007
    @coupongirl that’s the thing about family ( the good ones anyways) you always have each other’s backs and even when things are said they’re still there.

Yesterday was a rough work day but my headache (tension and stress) has eased so that’s good but my stomach was bothering me this morning due to last night’s dinner. We ended up getting Thai takeout since Dh needed to run some errands after work and it was late. We’ve eaten at this place many times before and it’s always been great but it was SO GROSS. The only flavour was the buckets of oil it was cooked in! Seriously, zero spice and mushy rice noodles. I only had a few bites but the grease was too much so out it went. What a waste. I would have retuned it but it was 8pm, we were hungry and I wasn’t interested in driving all the way back. Time fir more peppermint tea.

Car insurance for the year is paid . Love that we have the money but HATE seeing the bank balance go down.

Im going to go enjoy the sun later this morning. Apparently tomorrow is going up to 17!. Don’t worry, the rain will be back after that.

Enjoy your Friday everyone

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yesterday I popped into Shoppers for some dairy stuff which was on sale, so no senior discount. While in the parking lot I spoke to a lady that was unloading some things from her trunk. Turned out to be a rep dropping off products, she asked if I wanted a sample, I said yes, expecting a tiny packet or tube. I was shocked when she gave me a full sized sealed tub of Cerave in a pump! I believe it retails for $30. That made my day.

Today is a rainy day so time to gather my income tax stuff together and hopefully find a free program online.

Have a great Friday everyone.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^^^ aahh!! @barbis9 Congrats at being in the right area of the parking lot at the right time! How lovely of that rep.

Lots to unpack with all your posts today.
    First, omg... @cath007 I feel so bad for you. The efforts you said you put towards prepping for that exam ( 100%, your best shot ) and now you said you must retake it.
    Understandable how that can hurl you right back into a depressed state. All you can do is keep trying I guess.
    @harbie headache be gone! There, that should do it. lol. How aggravating for you to have paid money for Thai " throwout " . This happens to us more than we want to admit when we surrender and order some of our favourite restaurant grub and get sub standard entrees.
    Should I even bring up that 1 big payment that came out for your Insurance? Naw....I'll leave that one out of this post. tee hee

@Frugalbigmama I shopped at FB and bought gas after my bloodwork was done this morning and I opened and closed my HUGE umbrella about 16 times! Worth it though because I can no longer " dash " through the drops from vehicle to the store doors. Great deals on the raspberries, canned gravy and the cantaloupes were large! My quaffed hair do stayed lovely the entire time out...now I could care less if the back gets flat...lol

@coupon girl awww, your DD just made things right once again. The guilt got to her.
    @SassyAshley just a pic for you! Keep on keeping on!!

Name:  Why-does-it-feel-so-good1.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  25.3 KB
    Last edited by walkonby; Fri, Mar 17th, 2023 at 01:09 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Barbis ,how nice is that rep to give you a nice free cerave.

Harbie 17 degrees wow ,i would love that .We are having rain and i heard a small noise as i was resting on the couch this morning snow sliding off our roof.My hubby just got home from sons and my son just called a pile of snow/ice fell off his roof and smashed his car windshield.

Harbie -i have pretty good adult kids my son and daughter ,i would do most anything for them .I have lent them money over the years,even thou experts say not to lend to family .You always have each others backs for sure.

Today is just a chilling kind of day ,resting my tired bones .lol

Walkonby-i think the yoga teacher said something inspirational.lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Mar 17th, 2023 at 01:12 PM.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , oh no on the snow falling and breaking your son's windshield.

At my Dad's house, we grew up with a Metal Roof and when they let's go watch out, it sounds like a freight train coming through and it comes down just as hard. I remember sitting in the living and feeling the whole house shake.

A few years ago I ran to the house to get something for my dad out of the basement, not even thinking parked right beside the house and the snow came down right on my car but luckily no damage.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

A few highlights from my shopping. I got so much produce. I am ready for spring I was already snacking on Mini Cucumbers and Cherry Tomatoes with my lunch today.

I grabbed one of the Beef Roasts on sale at No Frills for $4.44/lb, they are the big cryovac ones. We will cut it up into Strips and Chunks to go in the freezer, great timing I noticed we were low on strips. The one I got was $32 plus I got 100 pts/$.

I have been struggling with Breakfasts again so we stocked up this week, I got Plain, Cinnamon Raisin and Everything Bagels on Sale for $2.77 + 400 pts/$2. As well I grabbed a loaf of the new Garlic & Herb bread to try. Plus Mom wanted English Muffins and they were on sale for $1.44 so I grabbed 2, plus a bag of Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins that had a 50% off sticker.

At Food Basics I grabbed a pack of Ground Beef/Pork blend for $2.88/lb, we will use this to make Meatloaves for the freezer.

Price Matched Zehrs and got an Almond Milk for $2.99, I am thinking on mornings when I am not overly hungry I will start having smoothies.

It was a large shop, spent more than I planned but I had not factored in the roast or the ground beef/pork but happy to have both and restock the freezer.

Also grabbed, Blackberries, Raspberries, Pineapple, Cantaloupe, Minim Cucumbers and Cherry Tomatoes.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Mar 17th, 2023 at 01:32 PM.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Taxes have been completed by accountant, we have signed all the forms, now they will submit. Glad that is done for another year.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Sounds like it's going to be a wet rainy weekend.
    Told DS he could put one of the free lasagnas in in the oven today if he was going to eat it this weekend. He thought that was a great idea lol.
    He is all about easy dinner options!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Yikes @coupongirl about the windshield! We have nice weather now but by the the end of the weekend it’s back to rain

Super just of those completing or have completed their taxes. I REALLY need to get mine finished but I’m procrastinating badly. Maybe I’ll tackle a bit this afternoon.

Went for a walk with my parents this morning and grabbed a coffee and a hot chocolate for my mom cause she’s a kid at heart still . Trying to get motivated for a workout.

Dh got his new phone and was “playing” with it at work and somehow set me a text that said “ Emergency sharing. The sender needs emergency help. The sender listed you as an emergency contact “ and I guess he managed to take a very bad selfie and sent it to me. I nearly had a heart attack! Called him and he apologized as he was just playing around with it and must have “pushed something” . I told him to read the manual first or I’ll take his phone away . I need a drink now…..it’s 5 o’clock somewhere.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @cath007, oh no, I am so sorry to hear you failed your exam.
    @cath007 ((hugs on the exam result)) Focus on you and not the other person in class. You want this program enough to do the work and get the diploma! Hope you had a good session at your appointment today.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Popped into main library branch for Internet. Spent about 20+min at the food & drink festival. Discovered about 4 new-to-me-vendors, including a food truck that is mostly in Toronto and is here for first time in Hamilton. Had a few chats and left. I was glad to have been out for a short while and been part of the first few attendees. There were a pair of violinists performing-quite lovely!

Very little rain after 2pm in town and just the lightest drizzle when I was waiting for the bus. Wind was picking up so I'm taking a chance when I leave in about 10min--I can see a flag on York Blvd tossing in the wind so it must be at least 25+kph right now?

Question-who passed away at McMaster University or with a connection to it? Flags are at half-mast when my second bus went through the Main St West campus. Answer: just found the tribute.
    Last edited by Ciel21; Fri, Mar 17th, 2023 at 05:14 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information