User Tag List

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I have been feeling a bit down with a few things going on in my life (family,the house etc.)
    So hubby and i went to canadian tire to get silicone (must have a supply chain issue on a few things other than groceries) and i love house plants .I seen a few near the front as we bought the silicone,i found a white butterfly it s leaves are so beautifull only 2.00 for a small 4 inch pot reg 5.99.

At terra a full grown plant is $19.99.I will see if i can grow it larger .I have an umbrella tree plant i have had for 35 years (i paid 1.99 )and it was 8 feet tall,so i trimmed it a month ago .I am trying to proigate a small part for my daughter but it is hard.

Do any of you grow indoor plants and what kind ?
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I have been feeling a bit down with a few things going on in my life (family,the house etc.)
    So hubby and i went to canadian tire to get silicone (must have a supply chain issue on a few things other than groceries) and i love house plants .I seen a few near the front as we bought the silicone,i found a white butterfly it s leaves are so beautifull only 2.00 for a small 4 inch pot reg 5.99.

At terra a full grown plant is $19.99.I will see if i can grow it larger .I have an umbrella tree plant i have had for 35 years (i paid 1.99 )and it was 8 feet tall,so i trimmed it a month ago .I am trying to proigate a small part for my daughter but it is hard.

I haven't had plants in years but bought one a few weeks ago at Giant Tiger. I am not a plant person at all so all I can tell you is that it is green and still alive

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@coupon girl

The only indoor plant I have is one we got from our vet when our baby passed. The first pic is from July 2021 and the second’s picture is from November 2022 and now it’s a bit bigger. I also have an orchid that I got in I believe end of 2020 and it’s still blooming strong.

Name:  7D68865C-0744-4889-A331-E75AAD8AF8DB.jpeg
Views: 93
Size:  98.8 KB
    Name:  670B082A-8F99-4D37-9FB0-4F379B7080EE.jpeg
Views: 100
Size:  96.4 KB

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh my gosh, where did the day go?

I admit I am still struggling with the time change, as a morning person I miss the sun coming up at 6:30. My body just sees dark and wants to go back to sleep, but overall I found this winter worse than normal. I seem to remember hearing that they did say this year was a bad winter when it came to grey and gloomy days, and I feel like I felt it.

I decided not to let my late start stop me and I got right to washing the bedding, the last load is in now but I do still have one couch blanket to wash. I am not doing that today, but maybe tomorrow. Plus I need to vacuum the couch.

I also had 4 things I had to do first this morning for work so I knocked those out and got them off my list.

Work has been insane today, it has just been one thing after another and IT is not getting back to me so I have been sitting here trying my best to sort through and figure it out on my own as we go live Monday. I have everything figured out except one thing.

I am kind of looking forward to the system going dark this weekend for the upgrade. Although I feel like I am going to have a lot of house stuff I will need to get done. I wanted to do some stuff tonight but I am just drained after today, all I want to do is go to bed.

Off the meal plan tonight, we have some leftover rice to use up and I was going to make Black Pepper Chicken to go with it. But not feeling that so instead we will make Chicken Fried Rice and cook up some frozen dumplings, some homemade, some from Costco.

I keep thinking it is Wednesday and keep trying to check the new flyers. We really do not need much this week and I would not mind a smaller shopping week to even things out a little. I feel like I did a lot of shopping this past month but I did get quite a few really good meat deals which is where the extra $$$ were spent. Now we are stocked up.

Happy Tuesday (yes, I almost typed Wednesday).
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie -very beautifull ,your plant has done great.

I would love some retail therapy soon or maybe not ,but maybe after easter we will see.Hubby needs the car for wednesday (we share)as he and his brother are gonna tackle this plumbing job again.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I watched the news upcoming flyers...not too many deals to chase..
    I found this article about coupons and compagnies very interesting
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/447692...a/#post7234397
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A beautiful plant @harbie
    I have just one plant for now.It was a baby plant ...a spider plant I tought I had killer her last summer...decided to put her in the house and water to see...Seems to be realive ..less and not big but okaie...2 roots.Will see for that summer and to check for others plants maybe.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@coupongirl: I hope this time it will be the successfull time to fixing the plumbing job.fingers crossed. @Ciel21: Happy to read and see you posting
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I found and readed another interesting article but this one is for the 2023gvnt budget and the amount (234$ for single person) they will give for the grocery increase.Hope it will be fast.
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/447680...budget-canada/

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley ; I hope your system release will go smootly.And a more realistic schedule for you after.And some you time for the things you enjoy to do .
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

****************Since it is wednesday again dont forget to save 4 pcs offers***************I just did mine.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  4BD25FCA-E526-4A71-A4EE-B40DE804CB00.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  354.1 KB
    a few of my plants

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! The sun is shining here so it should be a great day!

Made breakfast and now cleaning the kitchen. Decided to put my lasagna together now and then I can bake it later this afternoon but I will be able to clean the kitchen this morning Texted oldest DS to tell him to pop by for some tonight (his fav).

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie, JadeAngel, sueshe and 2 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post

I’m sorry you’re feeling down💙
    Do whatever you need to do in order to feel great again and if that means bringing home more plants, I can appreciate that!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Hit the ground running this morning. Last night I write my to-do list for work and well it was ambitious but I am getting through it.

I just took a break to make myself a Honey & Lemon and come Breakfast (Whipped Greek Yogurt with Kiwi & Strawberries, yum!). Well I was waiting for the kettle to boil I did the hand dishes, okay they took longer than the kettle because I haven't done them in a few days. I have been slacking so bad, between not feeling well Monday and yesterday was just next level at work, the house has been suffering.

I kind of want to take this weekend off and do nothing but the house also needs so much attention. Guess we shall see what happens, never know, I might wake up with tons of ambition Saturday Morning and I cannot work since we go dark Friday night.

New flyer day, I have only looked at the covers of the flyers but looks like there are some good deals to be had. Will make my list later today and hope/plan to try to grab locally what I can tomorrow.

Happy Wednesday.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information