User Tag List

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Moring and TGIF!! Kind of a crappy morning here weather wise. Chance of freezing rain at some point. Why is it always on the weekend??

Hoping tomorrow is nice so I can take the pup we are sitting for a hike (our dog is a homebody! She likes the idea to go out and then cries because she wants to go home)

Left the house with a clean kitchen. Shouldn't get to messy today since we have tons of leftovers to eat through. So the dirty plates and cutlery can go right into the dishwasher.

Have a wonderful day!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Today is one of those days where I could use a little sunshine.

I know it is not going to happen. Woke up to a light blanket of snow on everything, just a little while ago it was lightly snowing, we are under a freezing rain warning which is supposed to transition to rain this afternoon and rain right into tomorrow.

I was sitting here working away on my laptop and felt like I could take a nap so I did the hand dishes. There were not a lot of dishes to be done but just felt like I needed to get up and move or I was going to take a nap.
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@walkonby I’m feeling a thousand percent better and I’ll be careful vacuuming but since sitting is the worst thing for a bad back I need movement. I won’t do much more than that except another walking tread class or 2 again.

A 3 day weekend sounds amazing @SassyAshley I think you really need it.

It’s a cloudy with bits of rain here today considering yesterday was AMAZINGLY sunny. So it’s another tread day with more stretching throughout the day.

I’m planning on making banana bread today. Real busy here . I loathe just taking it easy with my back. Guess I’ll also meal plan for our house sitting trip at the beach and our road trip for my hairdresser at the end of April. I could also write my meal plan for our road trip to the Kootenays in May.

Being plant based and frugal it’s more difficult to travel so I like to make and bring at least 2 meals a day plus healthy snacks.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

On March 27th PC Financial Mastercard added 44,450 pts to my card. I haven't used my card in months really (besides my gym membership gets charged to it) and it currently has a -$8.37 credit balance. I think they must have made an error with this. And remember I had a large amount of points added not long ago as well?

Been working on taxes a bit today. Printed off what I needed. Will finalize tomorrow before handing over to my tax lady. Be glad to have it done!
    DS has lots of paperwork too for his taxes. Took out lots of $ from RESP so will have to see how that all plays out. (we have it sitting aside)

For lunch I had a sandwich and veggies/dip (my mom gave me from my sister's fridge since they left on vacation yesterday.) I am feeling stuffed still.

Still snowing here! I am really hoping to clean out my car this weekend sometime. (just give it a wipe down as I have already emptied everything out)
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to sobeys to get my turkey 1.96 lb with scene card =$32.43-7.03=$25.40 for a 5-7 kg size.There is only 4 adults and my 3 grandkids(they dont eat much turkey the little ones)Everybody had a turkey in their buggy.

Also got a few deals at sobeys
    folgers was $7.97-1.50 cpn=$6.47
    super large tetley was on for $7.97
    some nice green grapes 2.48lb=$2.80
    (2) becel sticks fort 3.99-1.50 cpn=$2.49 each that is a great cpn i found but all the rest of the pads were ripped off ,come on people share the coupons i would have loved to find the 3.00 snack cpn to no advail.

Saved 4.50 in coupons and got 275 scene points.

I havent slept great the past few days ,due to a family situation and the plumbing problem (now fixed) so i think i am getting a sinus cold .Hopefully i can sleep better tonight.

The plumping cost us $65.00 in materials ,plus we told my brother-in-law and his wife we would take them out for supper after easter .We really appreciated the help.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Mar 31st, 2023 at 03:17 PM.
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh and i put an old navy order in this morning spent $55 for 10 items 4 t-shirts for me and boxers for hubby , 4 tops for the grandkids plus a headband .Hopefully i can keep all 4 tops one tank and 3 regular as some were really cheap $3.48 for 3 of them as thye were on clearance .I have not shopped online since feb1 and i really need summer tops .
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just cancelled our home delivery newspaper subscription. While we enjoy the tactile read they recently sent an email saying they were raising it 20% per week not soon after another increase. The total per year was ludicrous so cancelled it! Another in the home has a purely digital sub for less than 2$ per week and we will enjoy that on our devices. Ludicrous newspaper companies. I understand good journalism does cost money but when it is never delivered on time due to press issues (not blaming the delivery chap) and the price just keeps going up, they can keep their print subscription and we will save 100's of $$ this year. Tried to ask if they reduced it would we stay on print. I said only if you gave it free for a year. LOL
    Skippy, harbie, JadeAngel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We have officially gone dark at work.

Going to work on my Bullet Journal as I am not ready for April. Got a few minor tweaks I want to make for this month and change up my goals a little bit.

Then if I have time, we shall see how I feel, I need to update my budget. I know I am not over budget but I also know I am not as far under budget a I would like to be so we shall see how I ended last month.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Let just say TGIF Very strong migraine headache all day long at school....and tylenol is not helping so much...That is because of the stress the school causing me.Next week friday and monday off for easter...but work work work in my word book.........so...
    Dad had 2000$ received from the gvnt for people of 70 years old and more deposited to his account who dont earn enough.My taxes are finished and mailed.Now to wait for the refunding.I need to purchase another bus pass with the change of month.Still short on time to take the bus but that is a rant I will not make..dont feel so.
    Have a great rest of evening and night.
    And I heard tyou about coupons @coupongirl ...I want a few coupons posted too...did not get a chance to go t his week...so it will be sunday...affraid to hit cleared tear pads again grrr....and yes some people are selfish and take too much coupons and dont leave some for others people...
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Mar 31st, 2023 at 09:01 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@GoodBoy I also get the newspaper digitally due to high costs. I prefer paper but the costs keep going up. I do have a senior friend who gives me her old newspapers on a weekly basis. In return I give her my various magazines.

Rain, rain going away. Rain for the next week.....ugh! So hard to stay positive when its so dark and wet outside.

Have a great weekend everyone! We are so lucky we are not experiencing tornados like the USA currently is.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I was surprised when I went shopping this week my No Frills still had a lot of coupons on the shelves, normally they are all gone. I did grab a few I would use. Although I did not find the one I was looking for, I saw there is a $2 coupon for the Knorr No Salt. But I also noticed that neither store I was in carry this product and by the time I make it to RCSS I am sure they won't have any left.

Someone in Ontario (But I am not sure where in Ontario), posted that they went into their RCSS before work and there were tons of coupons, their friend went in two hours later and someone cut off all the coupons. Hopefully, this makes sense, they were the long sign where they advertise the product and the coupons are on the bottom, someone cut the bottom section off all of the signs so you could not even tell there ever were coupons.

Now, I am not going to lie the way this was done I almost wonder if it is someone who works for the store. I am not saying someone wouldn't do it but just the way it was done, unless you saw the before and after photos, you would never know a coupon was on this sign, it just looks like an advertisement.

Has anyone else noticed or maybe it is just this round of coupons there seems to be a lot more where you have to buy multiple products? I do not mean buy 2 get $2 off, what I mean is buy 2 boxes of crackers plus one block of cheese get X off.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Apr 1st, 2023 at 07:32 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Its likely a spring day with a lot of rain....
    Happy Saturday
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Ugh, I have so much to get done today, the plan had been to wake up early and get to it before I get the email from work that the system is ready to be tested.

Well, that did not happen I slept in, well kind of, I woke up at 6:30, I just cannot bring myself to set my alarm on a weekend just to get house stuff done. Plus I also realize my body needs sleep.

But, even now that I am up, I am seriously lacking ambition. I am really hoping this cup of tea brings some ambition.

Last night I got my Bullet Journal set up for April, a few minor tweaks have been made and a few new goals set, I am excited.

I completed my March Budget. I was pleasantly surprised with my grocery budget, I have more carryover than I expected but I did pretty much spend all of my stock-up budget. Now I need to set up April's budget.

We ended up ordering Pizza last night, I needed the night off but I did go and pick it up, I just cannot believe you save $15 just by picking it up. Wasn't the take-out meal I had planned but honestly, I am not sure what I had planned. Since we do not have take-out I could not pick a Bday meal as nothing was jumping out to me.

Ok, need to find some ambition and get this day going before I get the email from work.

Happy Saturday Everyone
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Beautiful sunny start to the day!

Dropped DS off at work and then grabbed a coffee at Mcdonalds and took a walk around Walmart. Then No Frills. Bought a bag of milk (used $1 coupon) and a peameal roast.

Then home to make an omelette. Now to clean up the kitchen and put the garbage and recycling out. I think a quick shower and then take the pup for a hike. Gotta enjoy this weather while we can!

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Forced myself to get going this morning,

I recorded a video for YouTube and finished Editing a Video I did last weekend. The one I am prepping for this weekend the other one for later in the week, trying to get ahead and as odd as it sounds put myself first. I could have told myself no you have to work but this was for me.

Then I got to cleaning. I decided for this weekend, done is better than perfect.

The last couch blanket has been washed and is in the dryer, the microfibre cloths are in the washer now.

The couch has been vacuumed.

The bathroom has been cleaned, does my bathroom need a good scrub down, yep but based on the time I had spray cleaner it was. Then I did the floor, just a quick vacuum, will mop another day. Done is better than perfect today.

Then I emptied the dishwasher, such a nice day, there are no hand dishes. I vacuumed the kitchen and hallway and was going to call it done but the floor needed a mop so bad. So I mopped the floor and halfway through I got the email it is time for testing. Then I took out the pizza garbage from last night.

Now I am going to have a cup of tea, something to eat and get some testing done but I know breaks will be needed so I will work on other things when I take a break.
    harbie, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information