User Tag List

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
Like Tree2344Likes

Thread: March 2023 Frugal Chat

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@cath007 hopefully your migraine has gone away today.
    @coupon girl don’t even get me started on the coupon hoarders! I have a hard enough time getting coupons for plant based items when they are given. It’s just going to ruin it for the rest of us!
    @GoodBoy I’m like you, I’d prefer the physical paper but refuse to pay that much for yesterday’s news. I do go through the old school paper flyers.
    @barbis9 hope you get some sunnier and drier weather soon. This winter seemed to be harder on me than before but that could also be there was a lot more crappy things happening. I don’t know.
    @Frugalbigmama enjoy your walk with pupper today.
    @SassyAshley on your grocery budget. It’s harder and harder to stay on budget these days so that’s a huge feat!l

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Still haven’t gotten around to vacuuming and washing the floors yet . I did however get my mom in the gym with me this morning. My mom is 80 and NOT a morning person but she came with me at 8am (which is like afternoon for me )

I showed her some yoga inspired stretches and balance improving exercises, all modified of course. Then it was up on the treadmill. My mom has a bad habit of being hunched over and it’s not due to a physical problem but today we focused on posture and she feels way better. Later in the afternoon we went for a walk outside since the sun was out even though it was windy. I noticed her posture is bang on and her wobbly walking is improving. Unfortunately she has macular degeneration so she really needs to keep her head high to help with balance.

I just finished my oatmeal at 2pm and plan to hit the gym when Dh gets home.

Part of our hotel stays are booked for our road trip in May . Just need 2 more in 2 different towns and can’t decide.

Need to meal plan and prep for our April house sit at the beach.

Have a great rest of the weekend.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I so agree with you Harbie, sitting is the worst thing for back pain. Before I retired I drove a lot for my job and my back would often ache like crazy at the end of the week. I saw a kinesiologist and she helped me find ways during the day to stretch and walk between appointmentsÂ…best advice ever!
    I spent lots of $$ today on a new to me car and drove to Kamloops to pick it up this morning. It is really hard to see my bank balance disappear but oh wellÂ…had to be done. Dh and I are taking several road trips this year and I didnÂ’t want to drive the truck all over and although it was a planned expense it still hurts a bit.
    While I have no food restrictions I prefer to eat whole foods and that means taking a cooler every road trip, eating in restaurants once a day, helps the budget too.

@walkonby IÂ’m feeling a thousand percent better and IÂ’ll be careful vacuuming but since sitting is the worst thing for a bad back I need movement. I wonÂ’t do much more than that except another walking tread class or 2 again.

A 3 day weekend sounds amazing @SassyAshley I think you really need it.

ItÂ’s a cloudy with bits of rain here today considering yesterday was AMAZINGLY sunny. So itÂ’s another tread day with more stretching throughout the day.

IÂ’m planning on making banana bread today. Real busy here . I loathe just taking it easy with my back. Guess IÂ’ll also meal plan for our house sitting trip at the beach and our road trip for my hairdresser at the end of April. I could also write my meal plan for our road trip to the Kootenays in May.

Being plant based and frugal itÂ’s more difficult to travel so I like to make and bring at least 2 meals a day plus healthy snacks.[/QUOTE]
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @GoodBoy I also get the newspaper digitally due to high costs. I prefer paper but the costs keep going up. I do have a senior friend who gives me her old newspapers on a weekly basis. In return I give her my various magazines.

Rain, rain going away. Rain for the next week.....ugh! So hard to stay positive when its so dark and wet outside.

Have a great weekend everyone! We are so lucky we are not experiencing tornados like the USA currently is.
    I love how you and your friend do a swap of print materials! Yay to you both!
    Skippy, harbie and barbis9 like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31

Thread Information