User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1467Likes

Thread: May 2023 Frugal Chat

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Sassy it is good to have a cry now and then .My dear daughter cried the other night when her power went out as she needed to make a side for a school luncheon .I cried watching "firefly lane" on netflicks such a good cry over a show last night.

My sister-in-law asked me if i wished to go to costco today for sure to look for a top of course ,so she will be over around noon.
    ladies...I cry at commercials! sniff, sniff ...and most times I don't even know what the product is.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@sassy. Hugs.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well it is a gray morning so far.

Dropped DS off at work and popped into No Frills. The 3pk Quarter chicken legs that oldest DS loves was on for $2 less 30%. So of course I bought 20 packs and have already wrapped it all and put in freezer bags for him.

Bought a hanging basket for my mom yesterday. Will get a card today and a few crossword scratch tickets for her to give her something to do.
    Then I will be ready when I go visit and take her out for a meal.

I really need to get to Costco. Maybe tomorrow after work will be a good day for a drive. Will see!

Have a great day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone, for your support.

Kind of surprised myself this morning when I started crying.
    @coupon girl, I still need to catch up on Firefly Lane

@walkonby , this made me laugh, my mom also cries at commercials but when you said you do not know even know what the product is LOL.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, May 7th, 2023 at 11:58 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I did not get as much done as I wanted yesterday. Instead of finding motivation out of Friday's events, I kind of crashed, mentally, emotionally, and even physically I was done.

I did get the Pantry tidied up, pretty sure I have not put away any groceries I have bought in over a month and that included 2 trips to Costco. It was getting to the point we could not get the shelves because the floor was covered in bags. Everything is now in its place.

I wanted a nice dinner last night but did not want to cook. I ended up making BBQ Chicken Breasts with Mashed Potato Bake to use up some leftover Mashed Potatoes I had in the fridge and Ceasar Salad.

This morning I sauteed up some apples, my new fav breakfast is Sauteed Apples with Vanilla Yogurt and Granola.

Today I made it a little different today, I tried making scrambled oats which I saw on Instagram, and they are okay, I think I was expecting them to have more of a crunch. It is an Oats, an Egg, a Banana, Vanilla and Cinnamon.

Instead of Vanilla Yogurt, I made a batch of Whipped Greek Yogurt which I sweetened with Maple Syrup as I thought that would be nice with the apples.

There are so many other things I should do but honestly, I just want to curl up on the couch under a blanket and watch movies all afternoon. I think it is the weather, the rain hasn't started but it looks like it is coming.

Happy Sunday
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The rain has started here .

Finished my running around. Grabbed a card for mothers day, found a Terry's Orange chocolate bar for $1 (reg $3.99 expires May 2024)
    And so far one crossword scratch ticket. (will grab a few more this week)

Filled up the vehicle with gas. At CT and used the credit card. Then walked in and paid it with cash I had for gas fill up.

Picked up a toy on clearance for little ones bday in June. I also have a giant Lion King colouring book I bought for someone before and didn't end up using it so I have that for her too. Will add a bit of money for her piggy bank and done!

When I was paying with change the SDM cashier said she would buy some. So I gave her $40 in loonies for 2 x $20 bills. Lighter in my purse!

Happy to have all that shopping done and now I can wrap and be ready without last minute rushing around to find stuff for BDAY/Mother's day!

Now to fold the laundry in the dryer and then movie time!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, May 8th, 2023 at 09:02 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I actually don’t need low salt as my blood pressure is naturally low and barely hits the “normal” range. Dh might benefit from lower salt and it certainly wouldn’t hurt our kids. Some of Dh’s go to foods are pretty higher in sodium content.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just got back from costco with sister-in-law wow it was sooo busy ,had to wait for a spot etc.I got 2 tops one is a tiny bit big xl but the large was too tight but for 12.97 i will wear it around ,the other is dressy and it was a large was 16.97 really pretty black with dots .

Only spent 60.00 well 57.00 but gave sister-in-law the extra $3.00 as she drove out there and back plus i bought us hot dogs and drinks cant beat $3.15 for 2 for lunch .lol

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My Costco list is growing but I now have time to pop over after work so will go this week. I want to buy some but not all of many pants this week and I find in May I am there almost weekly. The advantage and disadvantage of living 5 minutes to a Costco. Now if only it had a gas bar.
    I have had a great week of getting stuff from my buy nothing group and honestly have great neighbours. Someone was giving away a brand new furnace filter and it the size I need and they are 50 or more dollars at Canadian Tire. I did not get picked but my neighbour did and I came home to find it on my step, she even picked up and delivered for me.
    Because of @coupongirl posting about the Rexall program I finally signed up last month. I have already redeemed 20.00 and was very impressed yesterday when the cashier pointed out I was 1.50 short of earning the bonus, I was not even thinking of it when I went in for eggs but found other deals so pick up a chocolate bar for one of the kids. I know the system prompts them but still a nice touch.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Your welcome lilo it is all a nice gesture when we tell others about deals or programs .It helps us all save a little bit more.

Costco is i find hard to buy clothing i tried it on over my thin short sleeve top ,but i may want to return one top .Listen i dont want to bother my ex sister-in-law to return it as i only see her about once every 2 or 3 months .Can i return a costco item without the bill will they put it back on a gift card even if i dont have a membership??I dont think i want the 12.97 top is a bit big .

The fresh baked bagels are great from costco we shared the price on that one 2/7.99 we paid $4.00 each .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sun, May 7th, 2023 at 07:17 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@coupon girl - Pretty sure you would need a membership to return it on your own- Nice thing is if you go back in 3 months with your SIL you will still be able to return it then.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! We have sunshine! And the garbage pick up is done so the cart is already put away back in the garage.
    (missed pick up 2 weeks ago so it was full and heavy!!! happy it was picked up with no issues)

Our grass is even thicker today after all that rain. DS will need to start thinking about cutting it soon as that is his job.
    (I would like to wait but most of the neighbours have started cutting theirs and then it makes us look bad)

Saturday night was a late night so yesterday I was really dragging myself around late afternoon. Feel so much better today!
    Will get this work day out of the way and then hit the gym and maybe Costco this evening. Will see what the day brings!

Have a wonderful day!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Happy Monday, trying to regroup, refresh, refocus, reset and all of those things. Will I get everything done this week, nope, that is life, but will I do my best, yes I will.

I did not get as much done over the weekend as I had hoped but that is life, it was not my best weekend. I will slowly work through the rest of the stuff during the week.

I did get the garbage, recycling and cardboard out, it always makes me feel better to get things out of the house.

Last night I made French Onion Pasta Bake for dinner, I am trying to use up some mushrooms, we went from going through them before I went shopping again to now having a lot of mushrooms. Plus there are leftovers for lunches.

Thinking maybe Skillet Chicken and Mushrooms for dinner tonight, only thing is it has Orzo in it and we had pasta last night. Or maybe I will make Chicken Bowls with Rice instead. I could whip up some Garlic Garlic Sauce and make Souvlaki Bowls. Hmmm, options.

Finished off my scrambled oats this morning and oddly I have to say, I prefer them the second day reheated. Could be a good meal prep option.

Lots to get done today both for work and at home.

Happy Monday Everyone.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The freezer at the bottom of the fridge is full of odds and ends and bread! So the mission this week is to work from there for meals.

Breakfast- I made an egg with cheese on a toasted English muffin. (only 11 English muffins to go from the freezer!!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Broke out a new pair of Saucony running shoes, out of the 7 pairs I bought on sale at Xmas. I am impressed, thus far. They needed no break-in period and were seriously comfortable immediately; it may be due to their wide designation. I hope that my other medium wide pairs are just as comfortable, when it comes time to use them. They are noticeably lighter than my standard Asics. I just hope that they last as long as my Asics.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information