User Tag List

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1467Likes

Thread: May 2023 Frugal Chat

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

RE:RESP- Yes youngest DS is in the trades as well so it is nice that stuff is paid for and we can use the RESP money for other things for them. (car)
    We will hold the balance for awhile and then split the leftovers between the kids down the road.
    I just mentioned the other day that we will buy them each a new set of winter tires in October/Nov (part of Christmas gift)
    because the vehicle oldest DS just got the tires are different then his past car so those winters won't fit etc. And I am sure the car youngest gets will just have all seasons on it. $$$$$ It never ends!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went out for dinner with my friend last night. After I popped in No Frills. They had the chicken my oldest likes on for $4 package less 30% off.
    So I grabbed 2 of the largest packages for him. Wrapped each piece and then put in large freezer bag for him.
    Texted him that it is in my freezer ready for pick up. I like to grab stuff like this for him.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

@SassyAshley it’s hard to admit we’re struggling so good for you talking about it. The thing is that the trigger doesn’t have to be “big” to induce anxiety. What some find stressful others don’t and vise versa. Maybe waiting until Monday would be more beneficial so you can slow down and then making it easier to clearly say what you need to say. Sometimes stepping back and taking a breath before can help not only get your point across but also help you and reduce the anxiety which is the most important part.
    @coupon girl sometimes taking to your Dr. is a good idea. I’ve never had anxiety (except some nervous butterflies with uncomfortable or scary situations) until the pandemic hit. I never knew what it REALLY was or just how devastating it can be. I finally broke and spoke with my doctor and I did get a prescription for adivan (only to used in extreme cases) and lots of techniques for trying to quiet the mind like box breathing, running for me, etc…

I’m slowly getting a bit better but still have some breakdowns. It’s a never ending process but it’s improving. Things can get rough especially since I still wear my mask and I’ve been trying to remove it when in public but not around a lot of people. When we were on our road trip I walked out of our room to the elevator with it below my chin, which was huge for me, and a guest coming out of the elevator are a douchey remark about me wearing a mask. It was hard and I honestly felt like going back to the room and crying (I felt bullied and I was trying so hard).

The point of my ramblings is both Sassy and coupon girl just don’t give up, don’t let it win. I still struggle and hard but I asked for help and it’s still hard but getting better. 2 steps from 1 step back.
    progress is progress. Never be afraid or uncomfortable to ask for help, clear the air or set boundaries. Life is hard as it is, we don’t need to be hard on ourselves.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you @SassyAshley @coupongirl and @harbie for your posts. There is much strength to be found in the support and encouragement of others. I have known that firsthand. As well there are many meds. that can help one's anxiety/fears/whatever throws one for a loop and there is no shame in taking them. I have been on antidepressants for years and it makes all the difference.If the first one you try doesn't work there are others just don't suffer in silence.Know that you're not alone!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

The sunshine makes all the difference today .Thanks for all the input everyone .

Today went to shoppers and got a few sale items -hubby loves their p.c coffee and it was on 2/20.00 which is cheaper than no frills 12.99 or 14.99 when on sale.Plus powerade was on for 14.99 a case,good for a hot summer .

Then i chatted witha neighbour who is waiting on a knee replacement .Then did a bit more weeding .My dear neighbour gave me 2 more jars of jam for cutting the front lawn we share a front lawn sort of.I mean it just looks silly if we cut just our side plus they are in their late 70's and 81 so we dont mind.

My dear daughter has strep throat ,gee i wish she didnt live so far sometimes .At least she started meds yesterday got in to a clinic.I will call her later to see how she is .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, May 6th, 2023 at 03:05 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Diverted a 2-pound bag of turtle beans, jumbo can of fruit cocktail, and a can of kidney beans from the dump.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I put in 2hrs work at the school before 10am. It’s windy and drizzling periodically, but I didn’t let that stop me from walking to the grocery store. 2x $2.95/lb frozen bags of lean ground beef (discounted that didn’t sell, so they freeze it and reduce it to 1/2 price)$0.90/lb celery sticks. I’m off lunch hour supervision until June, but now my friend is on supervision for the first part of the lunch break. I like going walking with her in the gym during the first half of lunch break.

I finished printing the rest of my Chem 30 units for the school year, then went back to the house for a much needed nap.
    I spent $5 on a bag of clothes from the local second hand store. I bought about 10 items in total. Not able to try on clothes, so hopefully the jeans for me.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone for your support and thank you @coupon girl and @harbie for sharing.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sassy, I know you work for the family business but a person should never be the topic of conversation in a meeting unless it’s your manager and HR. This is wildly inappropriate and crosses so many boundaries.

Today was a crazy busy day. We cleaned the garage out so a bunch of stuff was posted on the freebie site. I am just waiting for pick ups. Then I realized I was all out of yard waste bags. Grr, I looked at them last time I was in Costco and was sure we had enough. I made 12 dozen meatballs with the help of DS2. So he is stocked up as spaghetti and meatballs is his favourite quick dinner. DH and I did an easy dinner as I had planned burgers and corn on the cob only to realize both kids were going out. So that will be Monday so 1 day planned. My tax return showed up yesterday so that was nice. 1 kid is still waiting but he submitted last minute.
    I am exhausted so am going to put my pjs on and. Crawl in bed with my book.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m trying to lower my cholesterol, which was high for the first time in my life. That being said, I’m not about to throw out food that I’ve already purchased. I will be switching to some lower fat dairy options when I need to buy more. I already purchase pretty low fat meat. I’m considering using mashed avocado as a butter substitute in certain baking, which I did years ago.

Meal prepping this weekend does not include baking squares for my work snack.
    I have prepped red grapes, sliced apple, sliced cucumber, celery sticks, and the last of my garden carrots. I’ll have a toasted bagel sandwich for my work lunch on Monday.
    I just made a medium sized pot of soup, and mixed up my recipe a bit. (Lean ground pork (well drained), one yellow onion, diced celery, the last of my frozen garden tomatoes, mixed vegetables, frozen diced butternut squash, Pearl barley, and some seasonings…but it still tastes a bit bland to me).

I have some stuffed pasta with tomato sauce in the fridge. Chia seed pudding. Roasted diced sweet potato, seasoned extra lean ground beef, just need more cooked veggies to go with that lunch.

I enjoy some exercise, but have around it very difficult to make time while working crazy long hours. I’m making more of an effort to exercise. Yesterday I climbed the hill to the local water tower, the view was pretty from up there.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I lowered mine simply by having a bowl of regular Cheerios with bran bud sprinkled on top every morning. It works.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Angela273 , I do not know if it fits into the changes you are trying to make but I picked up the new Knorr No Salt, it comes in Beef, Chicken and Garlic. We do not use Boullion due to the amount of salt. We have not tried the Garlic yet but the other ones are really good, my Mom did not believe me, they were no salt until she looked herself.

I will say the gravy she made using a little bit of the Beef Powder was amazing.

I want to use them to make Soup in a Jar.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SassyAshley I can vouch for your No Salt Added choice on broths. We've been using them for years and tbh, you never miss it ( the salt ) AND IF you thought it needed some at the
    end of the soup making, a little for taste can be added. We tried the 30% less salt ones once and lol at the still crazy high amount of sodium that was still in them! Best of luck on lowering your cholesterol numbers @Angela273

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@lilo0003 , yes, I was kind of surprised they were discussing me without speaking with me. Maybe this is where working with family is different but two things got me, this meeting is all of my family members except me, which is a huge personal issue for me. Everyone else is part of this team/group except me and every time I ask why I am not included there is a different reason and it has kind of become that unattainable goal. Every time I achieve the current reason and think I have done it, I am in, something else will come up. So right there it is like I am not part of your group but your group is discussing me.

Second and maybe it is because I work with family but it did hurt a little to hear that everyone was saying something is up with me, I am not acting like myself but no one actually reached out to me and asked if I was okay or what was going on. Funny enough I ran into two family members since this meeting when I was in branches for various reasons and nothing was said to me. But if I say anything it will be, that they were waiting for my boss to talk to me to keep things professional.

This is one of the downsides to working with family is it is really hard to not take it personally. Plus now instead of doing what I need to do, I want to hide even more because I do not want to run into any of them if I am in a branch. As well there is a family dinner I will be emailing today that I will not be attending because at this point mentally I cannot but I was already planning to not attend. It is a Mother's Day dinner and although we are celebrating with Mom the day before I know it will become an issue.

WOW, yeah just dumped some emotional baggage. But this is life, I had a bit of a cry and now I need to focus on all the things I need to get done today.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy it is good to have a cry now and then .My dear daughter cried the other night when her power went out as she needed to make a side for a school luncheon .I cried watching "firefly lane" on netflicks such a good cry over a show last night.

My sister-in-law asked me if i wished to go to costco today for sure to look for a top of course ,so she will be over around noon.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information