User Tag List

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Yesterday did not go as planned I was feeling super overwhelmed which set off my anxiety and I started to spin. No house or kitchen stuff was done. I struggled to get my work done as I was having trouble focusing but I got it done. I was hoping it would take 3 to 4 hours, it actually took about 6 hours but it is done.

Today I knew I needed to focus but always wanted to be careful. I knew what I needed to get done but did not want to overwhelm myself again.

I got my What's for Dinner video done, there was another video I wanted to finish but Mom got up so I could not do the voiceovers.

The dishwasher has been emptied, reloaded and hand dishes done.

Banana Muffins and a pack of Bacon has been cooked off. A batch of spreadables has been made because my butter is never soft and I hate microwaving it, I always melt it.

All of the produce has been washed and prepped, Romaine, Celery, Green Onions & Cucumbers.

Normally on prep days, I do all my dishes by hand but today decided to load them in the dishwasher, sometimes it is the small things.

Garbage has been taken out. I took a shower and sorted the leggings I got earlier this week. There is one pair I am still not sure about, 3 pairs are for sure going back and the rest are in the laundry. Also decided to do laundry.

Dinner is a Roast Chicken with Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and a veggie I still need to figure out.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was just reading in the Air Miles app and learned that they offer Air Miles rebates when you scan grocery receipts for select items. There is a long list of qualifying stores, which includes stores that are local to me. I’ll now try to add this to my grocery saving routine. 🙂
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a windy Friday! The yard looked like I hadn't raked it at all. I'm waiting to see if sibling who is off this week will rake anything. I put 30 yard bags at the curb last night, as I was worried about morning rain making it more difficult to move the bags. There was a light drizzle on and off during my walk to the library. Speaking of libraries-the IT people finally synchronized the Mac computers to be on the same print system as the Windows computers and a new login gives Mac users 3h total. If one uses their daily 3h on the Mac, one cannot try a Windows computer for more time, as I discovered on Friday when I found the new system. 10 page print limit applies across both systems, so the 20 page thing before is history. It was a good run for 10 months!

Missed the craft show and enjoyed streaming tv/videos most of the weekend. I did get a poppy pin from the volunteer at the store on Friday as my pin does not hold poppies to the coat collar for long. Pin is now on my coat instead. Just bought 3 tickets to the Dundas Legion's Catch the Ace progressive lottery for this week's draw. I forgot to do that purchase on Friday.

Fortinos has 29 cent Mr Noodles. I plan to do a second purchase of them on the way home. Hope to visit Longos later as well. LCBO F&D Magazine issue comes out on Wednesday.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Ceil-wow 30 bags of leaves ,that a bundle.

I put 2 sets of leaves in my 2 garbage bins with the lids (has stickers on the side) for pickup saves on paper bags .The rest is a small mound of leaves we raked yesterday into a small mound as the girls love to jump into it and they are sleeping over on sat night,so it can wait to be bagged.

Just booked hubby and my shots flu and covid booster for tueday night at 8.00 p.m and 8.30 at rexall ,shoppers was full up til next week .I want it sooner than later,as miss cara brings everything home from school and we watch them 2 or 3 times a week after school.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Wet windy rainy day here today.

Yesterday woke up at 4am and it felt quiet. Fan wasn't on. Power was out. Looked out the window and lights on across the road and at my neighbour on one side. Other side lights were out ( they always leave outside lights on) Thought it was weird but I knew I paid our hydro bill lol.
    Hydro crews showed up in the morning and had power at 11am. Then I noticed my neighbour had generator on after noon and then the hydro crews showed up again. They were still without power. I agreed to let them hook up to mine and they were back working at it early this morning.

I had chicken ready for the crockpot today but since I am out of the house and if they fix the neighbours hydro they will have to turn my hydro off again to unhook the hook up so didn't want to worry about what would happen to my crockpot. So it may be plan B for dinner and chicken tomorrow.

Did a load of laundry yesterday and hung it up to dry. Will do another tomorrow to keep up on it. On Sunday I bought a few groceries to get us through the week since we still had stuff to use up but needed a few things to make the meals better. Will clean out the fridge completely tomorrow and take inventory/plan meals so we use what we have.

Sunday I made a roast beef with mini potatoes (that I bought weeks ago that needed to be used up) and carrots/onions. Yesterday I made a homemade mac and cheese for lunch. Dinner last night was leftover roast/veggies/mac and cheese. Great way to use up leftovers. Will pick up a cucumber on the way home and make taco salad for dinner tonight I am thinking since that was something on my meal plan for this week but needed the cucumber.

Have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Ceil-wow 30 bags of leaves ,that a bundle.

I put 2 sets of leaves in my 2 garbage bins with the lids (has stickers on the side) for pickup saves on paper bags .The rest is a small mound of leaves we raked yesterday into a small mound as the girls love to jump into it and they are sleeping over on sat night,so it can wait to be bagged.

Just booked hubby and my shots flu and covid booster for tueday night at 8.00 p.m and 8.30 at rexall ,shoppers was full up til next week .I want it sooner than later,as miss cara brings everything home from school and we watch them 2 or 3 times a week after school.
    We use our old garbage bin and recycling bins for leaves too! (we started using those new carts on wheels supplied by county for our garbage/recycling/green bin about 2 years ago)
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Nov 7th, 2023 at 11:38 AM.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Nothing exciting happening here. The extent of my deals was yesterday at RCSS.

3 separate transactions.

3 Nextmilk @$2.99-.50 coupon=$2.49 claimed $1.50 CO51 = .99c each
    1 Silk vanilla creamer $5.49- FPC=$0
    1 Schmidt pitstick $10.99- FPC ($10 value) .99c
    1 Bicks pickles $5.29
    1 PC coffee $12.99 *points inquiry for 2400 missing points

Totals were $3.65, $17.59, $13.49

$0.00 OOP after using GC from Telus promo and earned 2400 points.

Yesterday I had a dentist appointment. Yay . They changed a filling and closed a bit of a gap that always trapped food. Don’t want a cavity starting there. That was covered by Dh old insurance policy (that’s what the office lady was supposed to do) so now I have full coverage with his new policy with a different company and hoping to get the last 2 crowns done before the end of Dec so that in January the coverage resets .

The sun is breaking out now so I’m going to have to get out before the rains return. I was hoping to get to the garden but I doubt that will happen. Oh well.

Have a great day everyone

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@harbie you did quite well with the shopping! Anytime we can get a $0.00 OOP we are winning! ha ha
    Made me laugh a bit with the " pitstick ". I thought you had made a typo on the brand but Google schooled me that Schmidt is an all natural deodorant.
    I also use a fragrance free, solid stick no zinc deodorant...cannot use antiperspirant of any kind, it gives me a rash??

It's a no spend Tuesday here. Recycle bins and the compost bin are out and they deter me from wanting to fight and maneuver my way out of the shared driveway.
    There is always tomorrow!

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon just went out with hubby found a liqudation store (his older brother told us about it) it was called OPM
    i got mens hagger nice fall dress pants for hubby $9.99 in the bay reg price these are $69-89
    nice long sleeve shirt for hubby 9.99
    2 pairs of cathart socks 5.99 for son for xmas

came to $29 something -start the car moment plus you can return til jan31 if needed but hubby tried them on .

Then we looked into a krazy bin store everything was $5.00.Yeah no thank you too messy for my liking and crowded full of people walked in then back out,we were not impressed.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Nov 7th, 2023 at 02:02 PM.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

@coupon girl
    I recently went to a similar Krazy bin store called treasure hunt that we have 2 here. First one was good as i found backpacks for $5 brand new without tag and they are the ones from Walmart. So I returned the ones from Walmart bought at clearance price $11. Saved $6. The 2nd store was messy and people were digging through bins - just a mess. I asked an employee how does it work and she explained to me that depending on the day the price goes down for items in the bins. I was there on a Sunday so stuff were $10 and Friday is $1. Clothes are always $7 and they are just t-shirts and undies - I'll go to value village or Goodwill for cheaper t-shirts. Most items in the bins are not worth $10 so i was very baffled why people go there. Maybe I'll come back on a Friday for $1/item and try my luck.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Purdee View Post
    Most items in the bins are not worth $10 so i was very baffled why people go there.
    They probably go there for the same reason they go to dollar-stores; they can't do math.
    Pound for pound, I've found that many of the items purchased from dollar-stores can be found cheaper elsewhere. They simply get hypnotized by the word 'dollar'.
    harbie, Purdee, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m not feeling well, so I got myself a treat at our local CO-OP. The first Tuesday of the month is Scratch & Save day, where you get a minimum of 10% off your purchase. Unsurprisingly I got 10% off my couple of items. $.40/lb ripe bananas and a 6pk of cheese bread sticks from the bakery.

I already turned the bananas into two small loaves CB of chocolate chip banana bread. I tried a recipe I found online, since I don’t have my recipe with me at the rental house. I also made a half batch of double chocolate squares. I made meatballs and froze some for future meals. The rest I turned into stroganoff with Perogies and mixed veggies. The leftovers are already packed for meals at work. When I was home last weekend I made confetti squares plus puffed wheat squares and brought most of them with me. We have a work potluck supper on Thursday and I decided to bring desserts.

Report cards were due this week and student led conferences are next week. I am unable to attend my own children’s student led conferences because they are the exact same evenings as mine, so I’ve kindly informed their teachers of the scheduling difficulty.

I’m trying to look forward to Christmas break, two weeks home with our children, Dh only gets the equivalent of long weekends off during the Christmas break this year. I’ve purchased a few items from Amazon as gifts for our children and combined it with loadable bonus Air Miles offers.

I purchased a new phone a few weeks ago, the old phone has become a house phone. I went from an iPhone 6s to an iPhone 13 with twice as much memory. Since I upgraded my phone I’ve also been able to leave the iPad at home with Dh and our kids. I had been using it for my audiobooks since my old phone did not have the space to handle the audio books…8yrs of various pictures and short videos taking up a considerable amount of memory on that phone.

Anyway, that’s my update for now.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening -2 shots one in each arm flu shot and moderna ,lets hope i can get a good nights sleep .lol

Picked up some M&M at rexall as it was seniors day plus got 1,000 points for spending over $25.00
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl I did the same day shots as well last week and other than a sore arm at the Covid site all was good, given that I had a flu like response to the 1st three shots this was a pleasant surprise.
    My father-in-law is 97 so we are not taking chances. @Angela273 I cannot imagine the strain it puts on your family to have to work away from them💕.
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

got DH's and my shots all lined up for Sunday. He gets both the flu and covid, I just get the covid now as I did the flu on Oct 23rd. This booking was the easiest one I have ever done.
    It was online through Rexall. I'm late brewing up my morning java! ta ta !
    harbie, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information