User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! The day is starting off dry and cloudy. We are expecting freezing rain this afternoon/evening.
    I hope they figure out my neighbours hydro issue so they can disconnect the hook up today so we can park in the garage.

I have a busy work day but hope to get some chores done on my breaks. Wrote out a list and will try and tackle it all.
    Need to pop out at one point and hit RCSS for a few cheesecakes for the freezer. Not a bad deal with points back. I may redeem for them. Something easy to take to a friends house when needed

Have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Nov 8th, 2023 at 11:22 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Lilo-you can never be too safe right ,both arms were a little sore last night in bed (i am a side sleeper )today i am okay just tender when you touch my arm .

Walkonby- i went with rexall also on line so easy ,because i dont have a printer i asked the girl if i could have a print out of my shot and hubby's (no problem she said and gave us a printout of our covid shot).

Watch the girls tonight ,doing a bit of laundry .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Made my roasted butternut soup finally! It tastes good already and I just put on the stove to simmer now
    Next will be roasted red pepper soup- next week

Cleaning the kitchen as I go. Now to get my work done.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Made my roasted butternut soup finally! It tastes good already and I just put on the stove to simmer now
    Next will be roasted red pepper soup- next week

Cleaning the kitchen as I go. Now to get my work done.
    Roasted butternut squash is the most delicious squash! I make soup with ours too, also we just eat it naked, after it's roasted
    ( I mean the squash has no butter or brown sugar on it....) ha ha @Frugalbigmama Will you roast your own red peppers for that soup or buy the ones that are already in jars?
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Roasted butternut squash is the most delicious squash! I make soup with ours too, also we just eat it naked, after it's roasted
    ( I mean the squash has no butter or brown sugar on it....) ha ha @Frugalbigmama Will you roast your own red peppers for that soup or buy the ones that are already in jars?
    I will roast the peppers and make it myself. I don't eat canned soup/jars- too much sodium etc! This way I know what is in it.

I had a cup of soup just now and it was good but I think I am more of fan of the roasted red pepper soup. But I will eat this so it will not be wasted

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just popped out to RCSS to pick up a few PC cheesecakes and look at the PC burgers (both had pc pt offers with purchase) Decided on 2 cheesecakes and no burgers. Found Lou's peameal chunks for $1 lb! so loaded my cart and my total was at $27 and change so grabbed a tin of PC Chocolate hazelnut rolled wafers for my mom's Christmas box to get me over $30 so I could redeem PC pts. Received 8000 pts back and pad 10 cents OOP. My kind of deal!

Sliced and cooked up one package for DS to eat with his egg sandwich creations. Think I may go grab more for oldest DS.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I just popped out to RCSS to pick up a few PC cheesecakes and look at the PC burgers (both had pc pt offers with purchase) Decided on 2 cheesecakes and no burgers.
    I almost gasped when I asked for a price check on those PC turkey stuffing burgers. I also had the offer. This was at NF and they were $15.99.....for just FOUR burgers! I passed on them as well.
    The jars of roasted red peppers I buy are packed in water and not high in sodium, however ikwym by making things fresh from real food, that way you know what went in the soup.
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I almost gasped when I asked for a price check on those PC turkey stuffing burgers. I also had the offer. This was at NF and they were $15.99.....for just FOUR burgers! I passed on them as well.
    The jars of roasted red peppers I buy are packed in water and not high in sodium, however ikwym by making things fresh from real food, that way you know what went in the soup.
    Yes the PC burgers are not a deal at all. I did go back and get 10 lbs of the peameal for my oldest. Redeemed $10 in PC pts for it
    harbie, walkonby and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My oldest popped by this afternoon to discuss something he needed me to print off for him.
    He said the house smelt good. The soup was cooling off, the peameal finishing up in the oven and chicken in the crockpot.
    Soup and peameal- he liked both!

Now I am going to make some veggies and rice to go with the chicken.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rescued 7x cans of soup from the dump, found a short-dated 4-pound chub of oven-roasted chicken at RCSS for $3/lb, and Roma tomatos for $0.70/lb. Prices are so bad that I cannot believe that I am actually happy to find tomatos for $0.70/lb
    harbie, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh what a week it has been.

I have been working in a branch because we changed the work flow in the location plus I have 2 trainees in this location so it has been a busy week. Today and tomorrow will bework from home days so I can try to catch up on all the other things. We are eye-ball high in preparing for year-end so many things are coming my way. Nomally training is what takes up most of my time but this time of year it is more the system administration side of my job that get busy helping look into tings before year-end.

I really needed to go to Costco this week but also really did not want to go to Costco this week. I was just feeling blah and this weather is not helping. Tuesday after work Mom suggested she drive me to Costco, this way I got our shopping done and we got her out of the house. I got everything we needed except Parmesan, they did not have any. As always I spent more than I had planned but that is because I went to grab a package of Chicken Breast to discovered they were $6 off a package so instead of 1 package I grabbed 3 so now we are stocked up for a bit.

There are a few good deals this week but I have to admit this week's flyers are a little sad. I do not know if it is just what we normally buy but I did find the flyers a little sad this week. A few other things I noticed:
    It seems like prices are creeping up again, products I was getting on sale for $1.99 now seem to be on sale for $2.49 or even $2.99 on sale. Originally I was thinking it as an off sale cycle but now I have seen these prices on a few sale cycles.

No Frills is now offering rain checks but now most of the "good" deals, like the meat on the front page are all "while supplies last" which means no rain checks.

I am not saying there are not still some good sales just seems like things are getting tougher again and I do have to question if this anything to do with the Government inquiry. Are the stores raising prices again just incase?

I saw an article yesterday where Loblaws is saying if the new protocols go through a billion dollars worth of increase costs will be passed on to the customers so instead of stabilizing prices it will cause further increases through out 2024. Part of me wonders is this just Loblaws not wanting to be told what to do or is this something to be concerned about. I will admit the article was going in cirlces without clearly saying anything as the Government has said they do not want specifics discussed in a pulic forum but they will discuss it in an upcoming closed door meeting.

Happy Thursday Everyone.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh what a week it has been.

I have been working in a branch because we changed the work flow in the location plus I have 2 trainees in this location so it has been a busy week. Today and tomorrow will bework from home days so I can try to catch up on all the other things. We are eye-ball high in preparing for year-end so many things are coming my way. Nomally training is what takes up most of my time but this time of year it is more the system administration side of my job that get busy helping look into tings before year-end.

I really needed to go to Costco this week but also really did not want to go to Costco this week. I was just feeling blah and this weather is not helping. Tuesday after work Mom suggested she drive me to Costco, this way I got our shopping done and we got her out of the house. I got everything we needed except Parmesan, they did not have any. As always I spent more than I had planned but that is because I went to grab a package of Chicken Breast to discovered they were $6 off a package so instead of 1 package I grabbed 3 so now we are stocked up for a bit.

There are a few good deals this week but I have to admit this week's flyers are a little sad. I do not know if it is just what we normally buy but I did find the flyers a little sad this week. A few other things I noticed:
    It seems like prices are creeping up again, products I was getting on sale for $1.99 now seem to be on sale for $2.49 or even $2.99 on sale. Originally I was thinking it as an off sale cycle but now I have seen these prices on a few sale cycles.

No Frills is now offering rain checks but now most of the "good" deals, like the meat on the front page are all "while supplies last" which means no rain checks.

I am not saying there are not still some good sales just seems like things are getting tougher again and I do have to question if this anything to do with the Government inquiry. Are the stores raising prices again just incase?

I saw an article yesterday where Loblaws is saying if the new protocols go through a billion dollars worth of increase costs will be passed on to the customers so instead of stabilizing prices it will cause further increases through out 2024. Part of me wonders is this just Loblaws not wanting to be told what to do or is this something to be concerned about. I will admit the article was going in cirlces without clearly saying anything as the Government has said they do not want specifics discussed in a pulic forum but they will discuss it in an upcoming closed door meeting.

Happy Thursday Everyone.
    This week I have said WTF many time while in No Frills or RCSS. The prices are creeping up for sure!!! I still find Loblaws the worst!!
    I just go in for my few sale items and take a look for clearance deals.

My one thing I buy at No Frills- Rye bread $1.97 (same loaf is $3.99 at Food Basics) But most things are always more at Loblaws chains!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Nov 9th, 2023 at 09:11 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday!

The freezing rain started shortly after 3pm yesterday. School bus service canceled today in our area.

Brought chicken, rice and green beans for lunch today. Not sure the plan for dinner- Maybe fend for yourself/eggs/toast/peameal since we have lots (I bought 3 dozen eggs/ 2 loaves of bread and 10 peameal chunks yesterday )

I need to give the house freezer another clean out. Move stuff to the stand up freezer (the cheesecakes out of sight out of mind!) Move stuff from upright to it with plans to use it up in the next few weeks.

Lots of clean laundry to put away. Hope to tackle it tonight.

Have a great day!
    harbie, SassyAshley and Ciel21 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do not know how anyone can just go to one store and shop anymore.

I needed a few things a couple of weeks ago that never go on sale so I looked them up online where I could (really wish you could see Food Basics pricing online). It used to be that No Frills, Wal-Mart and Food Basics would be close, in this case Wal-Mart was $0.70 cheaper than Food Basics (I went in for something else and checked the price) and $1.20 cheaper than No Frills per box.

But on the flip side there was something (I wish I could remember what) where Wal-Mart's on sale price was $1 more than No Frills everyday price.

How people can afford to just go to one store and buy everything they need.

This week I have said WTF many time while in No Frills or RCSS. The prices are creeping up for sure!!! I still find Loblaws the worst!!
    I just go in for my few sale items and take a look for clearance deals.

My one thing I buy at No Frills- Rye bread $1.97 (same loaf is $3.99 at Food Basics) But most things are always more at Loblaws chains!
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy -totally agree but with the cost of gas ,if grocery stores are not in close areas together than one store will suffice for me .Plus with my health problems i am tired of certain stores locking up their bathrooms and you have to hunt someone down to open it for you.

I went to shoppers seniors day got 2 milk as i have the girls overnight sat (son /wife are going out of town date night with her sister/her husband )
    I did find a crocodile creek 50 piece shark puzzle in a tin for 1.00-xmas gift for sebastian
    plus 2 crayola paints for the kids 20% off.

plus coffee ,my dry mouth losenges,bananas etc.i spent over $60 so i got 10,000 bonus points.

Off to watch the girls ,we may pick up a pizza on the way there to share with son and the girls before he goes into work.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information