User Tag List

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cath007 so sorry that you are having health issues. Take it one day at a time and you will get better. We are all here to support one another.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 , **HUGS**, hope you start to feel better soon. We are always here and it is a safe place to share whatever is happening in life.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Sitting here enjoying a cup of tea and I look up to see little white flakes falling from the sky. UGH, I am so not ready for winter yet.

I feel like I have a total flu hangover although I did not have the flu I just got my booster and flu shot. I feel better but I don't feel 100% and honestly, it is getting a bit annoying.

We weren't very hungry last night for dinner, we had a late lunch and were still super full. So we used some leftover rice that was in the fridge to make Chicken Fried Rice and I cooked up some dumplings from the freezer. I love having those Costco Dumplings in the freezer.

I think I might look for some smaller dumplings we can keep on hand as I think I want to try making dumpling soup at some point. Maybe next time I am working out of town I will drop into T & T, I have never been in but I heard from a co-worker they have a large selection of dumplings.

With the snow coming down, I am thinking maybe I will make a pot of Beef Stew for dinner and maybe a loaf of homemade bread to go with it.

Happy Sunday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@ Cathy- Thank-you for touching base with us. Thinking of you and sending you good vibes. As said, take it one day at a time.
    Skippy, harbie, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Did not expect to see snow today. But now the sun is shining and it is melting away.

I popped out quickly this morning to check out RCSS and the spend $100 get 25,000 pc pts deal.

Picked up a Razor trim kit (for oldest DS) Nivea facial kit (me) Oral B electric toothbrush kit (me- left mine at hotel) For $99.99 before tax ( $113 with tax)
    Received 27,000 PC Pts ( for spend offer and 2000 on Nivea kit). Redeemed $100 in pts and paid $13 Cash OOP.

Then went to Mark's. Found deal on lined jacket for youngest DS but they only had certain sizes. I will look online this morning and hopefully order. ( I have lots of CT PTS Offers so should get lots of points back)

After that order I should be ready to sort and wrap for my boys!

Yesterday I picked up a big tray of extra lean ground beef. I just cooked it up now and move part of it into a different pan to make taco meat. (for taco salad this week) The other part I am making a meat sauce and then we can make pasta later for dinner before heading to DS's hockey game.

Today- Clean kitchen, laundry and put the garbage bin out to road and add to it what I can from laundry room!

I wanted to get all the laundry done yesterday but I helped my friend all afternoon. ( she has a big Christmas show next week and was stressed so wanted to help her get some things done so she felt better about it) The laundry will always wait for me

Need to go to the bank today at some point. Will go at some point and walk the downtown and the waterfront since the sun is shining.

Enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Good morning all.

I hit up RCSS this morning to get our plant based omegas. Oh how I despise Mr Weston. There’s an offer for 10,000 points wub $50 on natural vitamins,etc and in true Weston fashion the items were $42.99- 48.99 . While we both use it daily and we will use it up I wasn’t planning to purchase 2. I’ve noticed it happens more often too. The points are based on $X but the products are priced awkwardly to make you purchase more items. Rant over .

Yesterday was a full laundry day. Bedding, towels, ginch and socks so later today after our workout will be workout clothes and I’ll be done.

If the rain holds off I’m going to try to get to the nursery, finally!

Hope everyone has a great day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cooking done! Kitchen Clean! DS's work jeans scrubbed and in the washer now! (They were filthy- he told me nobody wants a tradesman showing up clean lol)
    Well this mama wants her boy to have clean jeans!

Now I will go make the bed and then pull out all the Christmas gifts and sort in piles to start wrapping! I will sort the wrapped gifts in boxes in spare room so they are hidden but organized.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Kitchen is clean. I emptied the dishwasher last night well I was making dinner and reloaded it but we had quite a few hand dishes that have been ignored well I was not feeling my best. I got those done this morning. Gave the counters a good scrub down.

Now I have my beef stew simmering on the stove, oh it smells so good.

I have a Skillet Bread rising in my Microwave.

Still need to clean the bathroom and take out the garbage, I will get those done shortly.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and Ciel21 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Cooking done! Kitchen Clean! DS's work jeans scrubbed and in the washer now! (They were filthy- he told me nobody wants a tradesman showing up clean lol)
    Well this mama wants her boy to have clean jeans!
    I was watching a TV interviewer who said that he had been told by a jeans manufacturer that the best/proper way to clean jeans is just to wear them into the shower. I don't know how someone peels themself out of a soaked pair of skinny jeans.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath007,good to hear from you your english is great -one day at a time dear,take care.

Barbis -i agree one store is for me for groceries ,cant be bothered running here and there.

Just got in from toronto at 1.00 p.m dropped into hubby,s brothers house as my sister-in-law hemmed a pair of pants for my hubby.

We had a wonderfull time with sebastian and daughter we went to an arcade place $10 a person all the pinball and other machines you wanted to play ,we paid a treat .Daughter made her lovely homemade pizza and bought a log cake for dessert.I did a few loads of laundry for her and matched socks for daughter as she has a busy new job .We walked 40 minutes there to the arcade and 40 minutes home we should do this every day my daughter said .lol

Now off to do laundry .
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DS1 was a god send this weekend with his love of cooking. I spent yesterday afternoon visiting my bff and came home with no plan for dinner. We had sort of talked about Swiss Chalet but 4 adults is not cheap. I was planning on making meatballs for the freezer so he said let’s do pasta and he helped me make them. Today he made beef bourgeon for dinner and helped while I made banana chocolate chip muffins and a cake for dessert. I also used up the last of the garden tomatoes and roasted them for a future meal. The leftover over beef will be meat pie one day this week.
    If anyone collects petro points they have an offer now that if you use your points you get 50% back. It’s not my 1st choice for gas so I rarely use my points and I had 34.00. So when it pays out I will get $17.00 in points back which is amazing. And for the Shell folks Monday is the 1 air mile for every litre offer. DS2 drives to school everyday and so we do what we can to maximum the fuel rewards. He has an RESP so that covers the cost of gas but what we do what we can do the costs under control.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Feeling like I am off to a rough start today.

I took the weekend off, more or less, I did get a few things done but not everything I should have gotten done. My plan was to get up at 5 this morning so I could start knocking out work and house stuff. Nope, I slept in this morning, like really slept in. So I am feeling about 2 hours behind in everything.

I will be honest, I kind of feel like I am self-sabbaoshing myself. Lately, I feel like I come up with plans to knock things out and then for whatever reason I do not get them done, but I also see the only thing standing in my way is me.

So even though I slept in today, I am not going to let that get in my way and I am still going to try to knock everything out.

I know I have been saying it for weeks but I am determined this week to regroup, refocus, reset and try my best to knock ALL of the things out.

Today's Goals:
    Laundry
    Clean Bathroom
    Empty Dishwasher
    Hand Dishes

Happy Monday Everyone

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@cath007 good to see you back but sorry to hear of your difficulties!
    As already mentioned you are in good company as people here have made this a kind and welcoming thread and are there for you.So do drop by as often as you can!
    Praying for you and your situation!
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! the sun is shining!
    Slow start for me- I just got out of bed 30 mins ago.
    Made coffee. Put the towels in dryer. Just wrote out my to do list.
    Enjoying the day off work today but will get some things done to be ready for the start of the work week tomorrow.

Ok 1st give the kitchen a quick once over! Have a great day!

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Put the towels in the dryer.
    Thanks for the reminder . I have my towels in the washer and ready to be dried.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information