Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Happy Black Friday.
    Happy Cyber Monday.
    and
    Happy Giving Tuesday

If the deals are not to your liking right now, you don't have to spend your pennies.
    Don't forget, week 3, January, credit card bills come due and the retailers try to give you some 'deals' to get you back in the store and get you spending. So, if necessary, save your pennies for January food deals and other deals. Just, play the game.

Have a great Friday. Have a great weekend!
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Fri, Nov 24th, 2023 at 06:48 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I do have a few "good" PC Offers and by "good" ones I mean ones I will use as they line with what we need and what is on sale or can be price-matched.

BUT, with that being said, I laughed out loud when I checked my offers, for the past 3 weeks I keep getting spend $150 get X points (I admit I do not even know the number of points as I cannot remember the last time I spent $150 in a week on groceries). This week they have upped it to spend $200, really I NEVER hit the $150 but they think upping it to $200 will make me use the offer?
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today is my youngest granddaughter's birthday sweet little cara is 6.

I havent found any super great deals online today ,mind you sobeys has a great sale on laundry soap with points too,may try to get there we will see.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF! I need the weekend!

My list at home is slowly getting checked off (weird things that don't happen everyday- Change furnace filter. move shelf etc)
    Will tackle a few things as soon as I get home from work before I relax.

Going to power through my work today so I don't have to think about it till Monday.
    My office is looking good and empty as I slowly move everything home to work from home 100%. Bitter sweet!

Treated myself to Mcdonald's coffee this morning. An ok change but still love my coffee at home better which is a good thing. ( I don't have many drives to the office left so figured I should get one today)

Dinner tonight- We have leftovers for chicken fahitas so thinking maybe a stir-fry with all that stuff. Something simple easy and healthy.

Have a wonderful day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just made an online order at PUMA.ca.

Socks for Christmas for my boys and an extra package for the oldest's birthday bag in February. A hoody for me Since I ruined my Puma hoody with bleach (it was too big for me anyway but it is like brand new besides the bleach mess on the front of it- will keep it for camping!)
    harbie and Ciel21 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    This pretty much sums up my week, I typed up a post yesterday apparently did not click post and later closed the screen when I left for an appointment, never actually posting my post.

Wednesday I was in a branch working but due to be short staffed and other things going on, I never got done what I was there to do. Yesterday well I was getting ready I got a text that my trainee called in sick but I still had to go in to pick up some papers I told the manager I would work through.

On the way home I ran some errands, I went grocery shopping, turns out I haven't grocery shopped in 2 weeks. Last week I just never made it to the grocery store, everytime I planned to go something happened and the week before I ran into Food Basics just grabbed some fresh stuff. Not complaining as I am sure when I do my budget it will show and it will be nice to have some carry over for December.

I do not think we will need to buy much for Christmas food wise but might stock up on some "treats" for during Shut Down.

I came home and worked for a few hours and then I had to run out to an appointment and also went to the Pharmacy, to get both of our perscriptions.

Last night was supposed to be a one dish Shrimp and Orzo dish but I forgot to take out the Shrimp and I do not like quick defrosting shrimp so instead I made Chicken & Mushroom Skillet. Still a one-pot meal and it still had Orzo.

Orzo has now become a staple in our house, we somehow ended up with a ton of it but now we have so many recipes we use it for. I am going to have to start watching for it go on sale.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have officially started planning vacation time for 2024! I am carrying over 2 weeks from 2023 so wanted to plan them earlier in the year.
    Already away in March (was booked earlier this year) so just booked off the week after our May long weekend (so only 4 days) Will leave early afternoon on the Friday (May 17th) and take our time to arrive at the destination on Monday (hotel booked for 4 nights already!) Sort of a no plan/plan road trip!
    Now to figure out where to go in June!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Today is my youngest granddaughter's birthday sweet little cara is 6.

I havent found any super great deals online today ,mind you sobeys has a great sale on laundry soap with points too,may try to get there we will see.
    Hope Cara has all her birthday wishes comes true! You are allowed extra wishes when you're 6!!

Name:  coupon girl's GD's birthday.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  8.4 KB

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@coupon girl , Happy Birthday to Cara

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon-great customer service at indigo,i took the toy in i bought on monday with the bill and got a reduction of 8.00 as the toys are 20% flash sale today.

Then i turned around and bought sebastian 's gift ,a doll outfit for cara and water paint for her .Mind you the toy i bought sebastian was a little bit more than toyrus but again i got 8.00 back from cara toy.I just dont care to go out near the mall.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Do you ever wish you could just have a bad day????

Kind of how I am feeling today. I kept getting told I do not get included in Upper-Level Manager "things" because I do not have an opinion and do not speak up. So I have been working on it, and I admit it is hard for me because for so long I was told not to say anything, it wasn't my place. But now today I got taken off a project I have been working on for over a month because I spoke up and continued to point out when the new process is not being followed.

Now, I am not in the best mood, honestly, I am just trying not to cry but it isn't that my feelings are hurt it is that I am super angry and frustrated. It is like how do I prove I can handle these things when either I do not get the opportunity for various reasons. Or now that I do get the opportunity and have been the one doing all of the workflows and process changes I am being removed because I spoke up and one department is now questioning why I am involved so I got removed for rocking the boat, which was the whole point. We were there to change to process because it wasn't working.

But now I am being told to move on, it doesn't matter, it is what it is. Can I not just have a bad day?????

Sorry, I had to get that out and again working with family there really isn't anyone I can go too because if I mention it one then some how everyone find out and I pretty sure it goes on that mental list of reasons why I am not involved. But in all fairness to me I am least outspoken and it feels like everyone else can have these feelings execpt me. Which just brings me back to "Why can I not have a bad day?"
    harbie, barbis9 and Ciel21 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Do you ever wish you could just have a bad day????

Kind of how I am feeling today. I kept getting told I do not get included in Upper-Level Manager "things" because I do not have an opinion and do not speak up. So I have been working on it, and I admit it is hard for me because for so long I was told not to say anything, it wasn't my place. But now today I got taken off a project I have been working on for over a month because I spoke up and continued to point out when the new process is not being followed.

Now, I am not in the best mood, honestly, I am just trying not to cry but it isn't that my feelings are hurt it is that I am super angry and frustrated. It is like how do I prove I can handle these things when either I do not get the opportunity for various reasons. Or now that I do get the opportunity and have been the one doing all of the workflows and process changes I am being removed because I spoke up and one department is now questioning why I am involved so I got removed for rocking the boat, which was the whole point. We were there to change to process because it wasn't working.

But now I am being told to move on, it doesn't matter, it is what it is. Can I not just have a bad day?????

Sorry, I had to get that out and again working with family there really isn't anyone I can go too because if I mention it one then some how everyone find out and I pretty sure it goes on that mental list of reasons why I am not involved. But in all fairness to me I am least outspoken and it feels like everyone else can have these feelings execpt me. Which just brings me back to "Why can I not have a bad day?"
    Yes you can! TGIF for you for sure.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy for sure you can have a bad day.We are all not perfect and we have off days.

Off to the show with hubby to see "Napolean" have 2 free tickets from airmiles i got a few months back ,only have to pay for the food and his coffee.

The show was great we ate a hot dog and fry(i brought in my own water in a small halloween plastic bottle)plus brought in a chocolate bar for us also.
    I cant get over the prices on the snacks a bag of m&ms 5.99 other bags were 6.99-7.99.

It was a great movie we both enjoyed it .Mind you there was about 12 of us in the show and one woman down front with her girlfriend kept her cell phone up high as she was on it .It was bright and distracted me also.One guy yelled turn it off during the movie and then went down to tell her .I mean come on ,if you are paying the price to go to the show and it is not cheap either leave your phone off or dont go,just my opinion.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Fri, Nov 24th, 2023 at 06:31 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

It’s been a wild couple of days here.

Dh’s stepdad died on Wednesday ( he didn’t find out until Thursday night) at 77 from prostate cancer. It’s caused a tidal wave of emotions since he’s been estranged from him for 20 years and sadly his mom too( all 4 boys are too ). Too much drama to unpack there!

Anyways Dh of course think’s immediately about his mom and her being alone, struggling with some mental health issues to a certain extent and he stopped by to drop off flowers and give his condolences. Of course she gaslit him. Not surprised at this. Anyways it’s bring up a lot of stuff he had dealt with years ago . All I can do is listen and tell him I LOVE him.

Needless to say the only “deals” I got were PMing Silk coffee creamer to NF for $4.79 at SOF and ordered my skincare from TSC yesterday. Reg $149.99 on sale for $59.99 -$9.00 discount code and 12% cash back from Rakuten. I personally really like this stuff and it lasts me close to a year so it’s a great price for a year’s worth ( plus I still have the eye cream leftover).

The sun is back shining so I’m going to head out for a walk this morning after I finish my tea. I need to get warm before heading to the cold. Then it’s usual Saturday bedding washing day and more laundry and cleaning. Oh yay

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Thank you, not going to lie I did fall apart for about half an hour. It was a combination of what was going on at work and then Mom got really frustrated because I was in a bad mood. Which is what led to my "Can I not have a bad day?"

I have decided I am going to have to say something about the work situation because I honestly believe if someone else was on the project this would not be the outcome. I have had issues with this department before and saying if I am involved they will not participate. I should mention it has been clarified that I am not off the project, I am just to take a backseat and send my findings to someone else for them to send out to the group. Which I will be honest I feel is BS and no one would ever say that to one of the boys but because I am a woman I am being (insert a word here). Not to mention a little mad that this was sent to be secondhand, the person who made the call has not said anything to me but had the person I am supposed to go through call me.

Originally I was going to see how I felt this morning but I have decided to give myself the weekend before sending an email as the feelings are still running high, but I also feel like I have to say something. I need to stand up for myself which I am not always good at.

Needless to say today is a bit of a blah day, my whole routine was throw off last night, we did not have dinner until 7 which is super late for us so I went to bed late. Today, I just feel like I have an emotional hang-over.

Although I might do a little Black Friday Shopping, nothing has really jumped out at me but Mom brought up she needed something yesterday and I might add a few things for myself to get free shipping.

Thinking I might spend the day on the couch and start planning for Christmas.

Happy Saturday Everyone.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information