User Tag List

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@harbie , **HUGS** for you and your DH.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Harbie -hugs to you and hubby ,family isnt always easy in life.

I put an order into well.ca yesterday they had a few good sales i had a 10% off code also and 10.00 off from rexall bewell program .

Today i went to sobeys to get a few sale deals stuck to my list.
    (4) bread viliagio 1.99-great sale
    (2) heinz ketchup 4.99 plus 400 points when you buy 2 =5.98 and 1.25 on checkout51 each=3.48 or 1.74 each gotta work the points programs with other things
    (2) tide laundry soap 4.99 each -200 points when you buy2=3.99 each
    large quarter watermelon 3.84-50 points=3.34
    (2) cafe barista coffee 17.99 not a great price but wait =35.98-600 points when you buy 2=29.98-5.00 cpn on each one=19.98 or 10.00 each
    i have been looking for a coffee deal.
    (2) xmas rice krispies 2/9.00 or 4.50 each i will give one to the girls .
    Ham pillars 9.99
    newspaper 4.00
    saved an extra 5.00 for spending over 75 then redeemed 10.00 in scene points =83.00

The girl commented on wow you really got the points down,yep.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    wanna hear how I got duped? I had bought 2 cartons of OJ ( no pulp ) for DS at Metro ( Irresistible brand ) for $3.49 each. I used to get these for just under $3.00 at one time.
    Today I reached into the fridge to open one but it seemed to be not as heavy, so i thought DS had opened it. Nope, the carton is exactly the same size BUT the contents of the juice inside is now 2.65 instead of 2.75 ! Dirty tricks. I sure would have noticed a different sized carton so they just marked the new amount on the front.
    @walkonby besides shrinkage (smaller packages), manufacturers are changing ingredients (using cheaper items) without letting consumers knowing. We just can't win these days.
    harbie, walkonby, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    Unfortunately for us, they are trying to meet their corporate goals, not ours as consumers, and they understand that in general, it takes a lot to get a meaningful number of people to stop shopping where they are used to. Plus the ones most likely to switch are the ones they probably care least about retaining, the low-profit ones who PM, coupon, spend a much higher % of their total on specials, etc.
    @Arjon I agree! I keep getting offers for spending $100 (which I never do), and redemption offers for points I don't have.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    It’s been a wild couple of days here.

Dh’s stepdad died on Wednesday ( he didn’t find out until Thursday night) at 77 from prostate cancer. It’s caused a tidal wave of emotions since he’s been estranged from him for 20 years and sadly his mom too( all 4 boys are too ). Too much drama to unpack there!

Anyways Dh of course think’s immediately about his mom and her being alone, struggling with some mental health issues to a certain extent and he stopped by to drop off flowers and give his condolences. Of course she gaslit him. Not surprised at this. Anyways it’s bring up a lot of stuff he had dealt with years ago . All I can do is listen and tell him I LOVE him.

Needless to say the only “deals” I got were PMing Silk coffee creamer to NF for $4.79 at SOF and ordered my skincare from TSC yesterday. Reg $149.99 on sale for $59.99 -$9.00 discount code and 12% cash back from Rakuten. I personally really like this stuff and it lasts me close to a year so it’s a great price for a year’s worth ( plus I still have the eye cream leftover).

The sun is back shining so I’m going to head out for a walk this morning after I finish my tea. I need to get warm before heading to the cold. Then it’s usual Saturday bedding washing day and more laundry and cleaning. Oh yay
    @harbie hugs. Terrible how families treat each other, doing things they would never do to friends or complete strangers. Dh is lucky to have you!
    Skippy, harbie, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    @walkonby besides shrinkage (smaller packages), manufacturers are changing ingredients (using cheaper items) without letting consumers knowing. We just can't win these days.
    About manufacturers using cheaper items, I told them I found out and did not appreciate it. So they know we know. Shame on them!
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Dh’s stepdad died on Wednesday ( he didn’t find out until Thursday night) at 77 from prostate cancer. It’s caused a tidal wave of emotions since he’s been estranged from him for 20 years and sadly his mom too( all 4 boys are too ). Too much drama to unpack there!

Anyways Dh of course think’s immediately about his mom and her being alone, struggling with some mental health issues to a certain extent and he stopped by to drop off flowers and give his condolences. Of course she gaslit him. Not surprised at this. Anyways it’s bring up a lot of stuff he had dealt with years ago . All I can do is listen and tell him I LOVE him.

Needless to say the only “deals” I got were PMing Silk coffee creamer to NF for $4.79 at SOF and ordered my skincare from TSC yesterday. Reg $149.99 on sale for $59.99 -$9.00 discount code and 12% cash back from Rakuten. I personally really like this stuff and it lasts me close to a year so it’s a great price for a year’s worth ( plus I still have the eye cream leftover).

The sun is back shining so I’m going to head out for a walk this morning after I finish my tea. I need to get warm before heading to the cold. Then it’s usual Saturday bedding washing day and more laundry and cleaning. Oh yay
    You have shared very personal information here. Thanks for doing this. Wishing you well. Grief counselling and family counselling is available. Free. I hope your DH can take advantage of this. Take care of yourself. And your family.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I took yesterday off from most things and just spent the day on the couch.

I did play catch up on my Bullet Journal I fell behind this week with work. I have noticed I am not taking very good care of me. I knew the week I was not feeling my best I did not eat well and missed some meals. But now looking back At least a couple of times each week of November I have skipped Breakfast or Lunch, not good. Need to focus on this.

Although I was kind of impressed, I track my work hours and they are not up as much as I thought they were. I think one huge factor is Dinner, I have made it priority to stop to cook and have dinner and not work during dinner. So I always get a break in the evening.

The one area I know I am really lacking in is stuff around the house, I really need to get on top of some house projects that I just never seem to get too.

I spent some time on Pinterest, I am at a bit of a loss for Christmas this year. We voted last week to give presents this year (last year we did not gifts), normally I do Homemade Gifts but I have no crochet project planned so it would have to be food but with Grocery prices is that freesable this year? But if I do not do Homemade Gifts, I have no idea what to get everyone.

I have to admit I am feeling kind of stressed right because if I do not do Homemade Gifts what am I going to buy everyone. Almost everyone I have spoken too just wants Gift Cards which I get because I do the same but it also feels so inpersonal. But I honestly think we all ask for Gift Cards because we do not know everyone else's budgets and it is rude to ask so if I get gift cards I can stack them or if I do not have enough for what I want I can put in the extra.

Between what to buy everyone, what to make for Christmas and just this time of year at work going into year end and all of my mysteries filling my inbox, I am now stressed out.

Let's take that stress and put into some cleaning, nothing like stress cleaning to knock out a few things.

Happy Sunday Everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I have my tree standing not decorated yet ,my tree is about 40 years old the old school put the branches in the slots 4 and a half feet tall it was my dear moms plus i have a few glass ornaments of hers left .So am i being frugal not wanting to buy a new tree yes but the memories i love this tree.

My grown kids always make fun of the tree oh mom dont you want to buy a new one -nope .Plus i have a table top one that was my dear moms .
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I have my tree standing not decorated yet ,my tree is about 40 years old the old school put the branches in the slots 4 and a half feet tall it was my dear moms plus i have a few glass ornaments of hers left .So am i being frugal not wanting to buy a new tree yes but the memories i love this tree.

My grown kids always make fun of the tree oh mom dont you want to buy a new one -nope .Plus i have a table top one that was my dear moms .
    ha ha !! @coupon girl we also kept resurrecting a similar type of tree here and it got to look almost as pathetic as the Charlie Brown's twig tree.
    We replaced it quite a few years back, this newer one is probably the only one our kids remember. If they look back at baby pics they can see that ugly old one.
    I am actually going OUT to shop. ( gifts ) and to pick up my 4 FREE magnet Christmas cards from Wal-Mart. Shall I wear body armour to fight the crowds?
    Skippy, harbie, Tweets77 and 5 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@harbie so sorry for your loss.
    Skippy, harbie, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well today i popped out for fruit and veggies at lococos (local store)
    pears were .99 a pound same as apples
    tre stella parm cheese in a brick 7.97-2.00 cpn=5.97
    raspberries reduced to 1.00 as a few were crumbled (who cares not me)
    large royale velour toilet paper 62 single rolls 8.99
    plus a few other fruit and veggies and potatoes

Listen to this i grabbed a cracker barrel combo pkg for 3.99-1.00 cpn=2.99 and instead of skrinkflation they decided to replace the cashews with those hard banana chips (which i hate )uggggg i will give the other 2pkgs to the girls on monday.

Didnt finish my tree as i did laundry along with running out for fruit.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

No Stress Cleaning happened today, instead, I went down the rabbit hole that is Pinterest.

I decided to go on Pinterest well I finished my tea to try and find some sort of idea for Christmas. I am thinking Breakfast, scones, muffins and a fruit butter or two.

But then all of a sudden, these amazing-looking recipes started to show up for new side dishes, new chicken recipes and then all of a sudden all of these small batch recipes showed up and I was down the rabbit hole, hook line and sinker.

I love baking but I have noticed I do not bake as often because we aren't eating it all and some is always going to waste. Since my in-office days are all over the place I cannot bank on taking treats in. I did that two weeks ago and then my office days got cancelled which left me with 2 loaves and one got eaten. It is a catch-22, we are getting better at portion control but now we have food waste.

So I am really interested in trying these small batch recipes and most of them are super simple and can be made during the week. Tonight I tried small batch brownies and they baked well we had dinner.

Now I just need to figure out the dessert for Christmas Dinner and what I will take to work. I did not think about it but I set the bar very high last year. Everyone got Crochet Baskets full of cookies and now I feel like everyone has high expectations for this year.

But let's be honest, I was in a very different place mentally last year, it was right after the accident and I was crocheting to keep my hands and mind busy to keep the anxiety in check. Although I am not in the same place I do feel like mentally I am struggling but in a different way this year. This year I feel lost, I feel like I have lost my routines and organization and I just feel like I am struggling at life and just not myself so, the thought of putting more on my plate right now is not even something I want to think about.

I will work on it this week and see what I come up with.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just ordered a few items from hatley -free shipping today only .I am working on easter now for the girls and sebastian when i see great sales .
    harbie, barbis9, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

The tree is up and the lights on. The boys said they will decorate while DH and I are away. I wrapped a few gifts and then purchased a few more. Had an impromptu coffee date with BFF Saturday. She works retail and I was going to the mall so timed it for her lunch. I also hit up The Bay. We have one closing so I went deal hunting. I used up my Bay points and bought myself a sparkly top for a Christmas party we have coming up and some really nice socks for my moms stocking. She spends Christmas with us so I do a stocking for her as well. I even braved old Navy to use up a 5.00 reward. Bought the boy’s Christmas boxer shorts. Today I did a Costco return because I wanted a price adjustment. It was busy but since I was only there for the return and the price adjustment I didn’t really care.
    And with that the weekend is over.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information