User Tag List

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree1341Likes

Thread: November 2023 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So pleased with myself i didnt overspend on black friday or cyber monday .

May pop into mastermind and get caras small free birthday gift and see if they have any memory games on sale.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Hugs @coupon girl

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Thinking of my dear mom today as it was her birthday .

Need to get wrapping my grandkids gifts as my daughter and sebastian are spending the night on wednesday (she has to come into town for a function)He can be the nosiest kid on the block too.

Tree just needs the ornaments on it can do now or wednesday morning.
    @coupongirl grace,peace and blessings to you today!
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well...managed to find out that my leg hurts so much because I messed it up and have bursitis now which will take longer than I like to get better.Oh well at least its not as bad as it could've been!
    Earlier today snow was coming down with a really strong cold wind.Fortunately it did not last nor accumulate(apologies to others not so fortunate).
    Timing of weather and my injured hind paw work out as not a fan of being cold! That said still need to continue to move or will have pain elsewhere.
    Best deal this week was the under $2.00 10lb potatoes [email protected]. pleased with that as still notice prices on just about everything else moving up again.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

I love how you always try to find the positive even in a bad situation @Skippy . Here’s hoping your pain subsides quickly

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Skippy , oh no, hope it heals quickly.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes skippy such a positive attitude.I have had an ongoing health problem and i will see my doctor in dec as he is away on holidays .

I went into mastermind and all sales are final it states on the door ,they may go into receivership.I bought a WWF memory game reg 19.99 on for 5.00 for miss cara.I hope they dont close i have always enjoyed their sales and grandparents day .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Thinking of my dear mom today as it was her birthday .

Need to get wrapping my grandkids gifts as my daughter and sebastian are spending the night on wednesday (she has to come into town for a function)He can be the nosiest kid on the block too.

Tree just needs the ornaments on it can do now or wednesday morning.
    @coupongirl (((HUGS)))

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up super earlier this morning. I woke up around 3:30 and just as I was trying to fall back asleep they started plowing and it was all over so I got up.

Yesterday was a day, in the morning everything was going well, I was knocking things out, getting things off my to-do list, to be honest I was shocking myself with how much I was getting done. I was getting ready to take a break and do some home stuff and then the flood gates opened and I am not joking between 10 am and 5 pm I got over 200 all things I need to deal with.

I was sent one spreadsheet that I did not start working on until after we closed as it needed my full attention, no distractions. I worked till 9 last night and got about 75% through it but had to stop because I couldn't handle the numbers. Now I am working finish this up and move on to the next thing.

To be honest, so much came through yesterday I am not even sure what I still need to deal with so I am going to write a to-do list and go from there.

Last night's dinner was homemade pizza with caesar salad, yum.

Before I got up I did scroll the up coming flyers, does look like there are a few good deals to be had. I see a few things we use that do not go on sale often are on sale so thinking it might be an expensive week as I will stock up.

Happy Wednesday Everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! I started my day by bundling up and shoveling the light snowfall from over night.
    Walking back and forth down the driveway and fresh air is a great way to start the day!

Now my stressful work day ahead of me ugh... knowing I get to pack up today and leave early in the morning to meet my bestie at hotel for 2 nights is going to get me through the day....and the 75 min massage I have booked tomorrow afternoon! I need it after slugging furniture from my office last night.
    The good news is I am pretty much moved out and just have about 10 banker boxes to deal with!

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Ugh, what a day, I went into the office and the manager wasn't in but I was in their office, a staff member came in and asked where they were, I said not in, and they said "That is fine then you can deal with this," so I did. We are still working through a few final inventory issues but I am hopeful if we all stick to the plan we will be good going into inventory.

On the way home I went to the post office to grab our packages, Mom needed a new upper-half undergarment hers broke and they were 40% off for Black Friday so I ordered a replacement. There was also another one she found she liked and it was only $24 which for size is unheard of so I ordered. On both orders I needed to add a bit to get free shipping so I added some lower half undergarments for myself, again 40% off and since they aren't seen I found some on clearance for $3.

Mom needed to renew her Microsoft subscription now that you do not just buy programs outright, I found it on sale at Costco during Cyber Monday so I ordered that for her. I did find an option to buy it outright but there is a program she uses she would lose access to.

Costco has their Daily Deals on again and I must say they always pull me in. They have my mattress cover on sale again this year but no need to replace it. I do see some sheets I am tempted to buy.

I fell asleep on the couch for about half an hour so dinner is a little late tonight so keeping it simple with Loaded Baked Potato Soup.

I wrote my grocery list and will finalize in the morning. I always add things we normally buy but will check them and remove what we don't need.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Wed, Nov 29th, 2023 at 06:11 PM.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I too wanted to try those turkey stuffing burgers but didn't realize only 4! Maybe they will go on sale, as that is a lot of money in my opinion.
    Yes, it seems steep but at about $4 each plus tax, the burgers y are probably cheaper to assemble at home with whatever bread is on hand than paying over $7 or $8 for a dressed teeny burger at McD's! I want to find out if the burgers shrink and secondly how the stuffing compares to the Festive Pie sold at Longos (another all-in-one meal solution).

Happily, the Toronto area No Frills stores reached an agreement about a week or so ago. Aren't there other No Frills locations in other provinces still seeking contracts?
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Cooking done! Kitchen Clean! DS's work jeans scrubbed and in the washer now! (They were filthy- he told me nobody wants a tradesman showing up clean lol)
    Well this mama wants her boy to have clean jeans!

Now I will go make the bed and then pull out all the Christmas gifts and sort in piles to start wrapping! I will sort the wrapped gifts in boxes in spare room so they are hidden but organized.
    I truly believe in the power of Palmolive dish detergent, warm-hot water and a good scrubbing with a nylon nail brush! Works on brother's safety vests for work plus his car maintenance grubby attire (that fleece jacket of his got two run-ins with my brush work in the prior three weeks). Helps to pretreat heavy areas for up to 5minutes first, then under a stream of the warm-hot tap in the laundry sink it goes for scrubbing! I may do the same on jeans but there's an energy limit that I will expend on scrubbing since I tire rather quickly and he does not get around to thinking he can pretreat the stains on his own when changing clothes (bane of being an older sibling...).
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    I was watching a TV interviewer who said that he had been told by a jeans manufacturer that the best/proper way to clean jeans is just to wear them into the shower. I don't know how someone peels themself out of a soaked pair of skinny jeans.
    The weight of the water on wet jeans! No way would I ever do that plus the hot water would fade the colour so quickly.
    harbie and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by HermanH View Post
    Salvaged 7x cans of beans and a can of almonds.
    Nice score especially those almonds!
    harbie and barbis9 like this.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information