User Tag List

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: 2024 February Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy -i hear you on the p.c points i am sure a few of mine the points were down (like spend the same but get less points than before).Mind you i did go into shoppers out by my sons to get bananas and my milk ,plus cough candies and a treat for the girls .

The girl say no way when i said senior discount ,she made my day .

Had the girls out front for a bit and they wanted to ride their bikes ,well they were cold -nana told them .We were only out 30 minutes then they wanted to surprise me and said nana there is snow in the driveway (nope they had strifoam all over the driveway in small pieces .lol Ashlyn helped clean it up.
    Skippy, harbie, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Mom can be affected during a weather change or even 24-72h ahead of a snowstorm or big rainfall. Can be a whole body issue or only around the arms or where her head injury was. Usually she retreats to bed when she cannot take it anymore or says she feels unwell. Sometimes she'll get up for tea or light meal but will stay in bed until it passes.
    Thanks for sharing and I'm sorry for what your Mom has to go through.I hope the episodes are few and far between.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

@SassyAshley and @coupongirl you're both right about the creeping amounts for less PC points not to mention how ludicrous some of the offers are.
    I would like to say it's a one off but it continues to happen.
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I am starting to feel like PC points are like being the good employee at work. You get stuff done so more is given to you because they know you will get it done.

With PC it is "OH she used that offer so let's up the spend threshold and see if she will bite."

I was getting and offer spend $15 on teas get 1500 pts, not the best offer but for Mom's tea that never goes on sale it is something. Now I am getting spend $30 on teas get 2000 pts. So I have to spend double and only get an extra 500 pts. To be honest, does anyone spend $30 on tea in one trip????

I also feel like they are trying to get rid of the personal offers and replace them with the where you shop most. It used to be that if I saved my 4 offers most week I have about 10 offers total with the 4 I saved. Now I save my 4 offers and only get 2 other offers last week, it was two products I had never even heard of.

I know complaining won't help but I have to be honest, between the flyers this week and my offers it was like nothing is pulling me into the stores this week other than we need Milk.
    @SassyAshley I agree with you on the PC points offers. My offers are cut in have and the spent offer is crazy. There is no way to win this one with Loblaws

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

RE: PC Points and Loblaws. I have been shopping less and less at these stores lately.
    I feel like I have had a few good deals/point offers with them lately but usually I am only in the store for that deal.
    My points on both cards equal over $1000 and I have no plans for a big shop/redeem since the sales/deals are not getting me in the stores.
    But I don't want to lose the points either so I feel I should start using them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning and TGIF!! So happy it is almost quitting time and time to enjoy the weekend which I plan to do!

Work- Had and issue with one of my programs that I of course need stuff from- Yesterday I was doing something in it around noon and then it froze up/ was thinking. It didn't matter what I did I couldn't get out of it. I even shut down a few times and everytime I went back in it was still "thinking"
    Thank-full shutting down at the end of the day and over night I am able to get in no problem. At least I was able to open other stuff and still get some stuff done that is on my to do list. Feeling good about my list and should have it 95% done by noon today!

After work yesterday I needed to get out so decided to do my running around to the grocery stores. I was hungry so the super bowl deals were appealing
    Picked up a few boxes of chicken fillets and wings. Decided on dinner while out and came home and made Chicken fillets, ceaser salad and fries in the air fryer.
    Everyone loved it Sometimes a junky meal hits the spot!

I need to give my office a good cleaning so that is my plan this afternoon once I finish my stuff. I tend to put stuff in here to deal with and it needs dealing with!

Have a wonderful Friday!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Off to my eye appointment .Son called and asked if i wanted to go to costco ,darn it miss out as he needs to be back for the girls.I told him when he goes next time in a month or 2 i will go ,so that is frugal for me i guess.

Yesterday in toronto they said it beat a record from 1938 i think wow,never in my life time have i seen a february like this .
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Off to my eye appointment .Son called and asked if i wanted to go to costco ,darn it miss out as he needs to be back for the girls.I told him when he goes next time in a month or 2 i will go ,so that is frugal for me i guess.

Yesterday in toronto they said it beat a record from 1938 i think wow,never in my life time have i seen a february like this .
    It was showing 9 degrees in my car yesterday at 5pm! I just had a long sleeve full zip on (like a hoody but lighter) and I was comfortable!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Wednesday I took my coat to work with me but when I came home I carried it in and just had on my lightweight sweatshirt. Yesterday no jacket just a sweatshirt and today no jacket, just a sweater.

I am not complaining. I know we have been very lucky this year but I am ready to put away my winter coat.
    harbie and barbis9 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    I did not sleep well last night so my first thought this morning was, how long until I can go back to bed? But I did not let myself sleep in, I am determined to get back to being the morning person I love being.

Mom had an appointment this morning and she was took herself which made her happy. But she called me on the way home to say she was too much pain to stop for her pills and would have to go out later. I said "Okay, pick me up, I will go in get your pills, I can run into No Frills to get Milk and then I will put gas in your car." which is why I said pick me up instead of me just going with my car. With her Hip Mom cannot just stand and even pumping gas is too long to stand, between her hip and her back injury her leg goes numb, so I have been taking her car and filling it up.

At No Frills I grabbed:
    3 x Blueberries $1.67 + 250 points (50 pts/package)
    1 x Milk $5.49 (PM Zehrs)
    5 x Baguette $0.99

The baguettes are so Mom can make more French Toast Casserole for the freezer which will also use up my oversupply of eggs I bought for her to make Breakfast stuff.

We have everything now, I am hoping she can knock this out this weekend. I am trying to focus on getting stuff in the freezer she can just heat and eat. Earlier this week I was in a branch working and Mom was having a bad day which makes cooking hard so she picked at some leftovers we had but she didn't want. So I am trying to make sure she has options available.

Need to figure out dinner tonight, thinking maybe dumplings that sounds good.

Happy Friday Everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Feb 9th, 2024 at 12:43 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yippee! I'm 98% done all my year end reports. Just have 2 little things to figure out but I am done looking at numbers.
    I need a break from it and work on something different.
    Beat my own deadline

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes ,my eye appointment was great (checking the pressure on my eyes for glucoma).I passed with greatness he said next appt in 2 years .lol

I popped over to metro as it was a block away from eye clinic
    (1) strawberries 2.99 awesome price
    (2) butter 4.99 as shoppers is always out on sat/sundays sale
    (1) cherry ice cream 5.49 plus 6 airmiles
    large bag of cherries on the reduced rack $3.00!!!!!! unreal they all look great to me (gonna give half the bag to the girls -granddaughters on sunday night )they love cherries.
    a few other groceries sale items

spent $40 and got 15 airmiles

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Yes ,my eye appointment was great (checking the pressure on my eyes for glucoma).I passed with greatness he said next appt in 2 years .lol

I popped over to metro as it was a block away from eye clinic
    (1) strawberries 2.99 awesome price
    (2) butter 4.99 as shoppers is always out on sat/sundays sale
    (1) cherry ice cream 5.49 plus 6 airmiles
    large bag of cherries on the reduced rack $3.00!!!!!! unreal they all look great to me (gonna give half the bag to the girls -granddaughters on sunday night )they love cherries.
    a few other groceries sale items

spent $40 and got 15 airmiles
    With grocery prices so high, you getting a deal on cherries and strawberries, is like winning the lottery. lol. wtg!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    @SassyAshley and @coupongirl you're both right about the creeping amounts for less PC points not to mention how ludicrous some of the offers are.
    I would like to say it's a one off but it continues to happen.
    One of my offers today was spend $400.00 ( before the next week! ) and we will give you 40,000 points. bwahahaha!!!
    nearly spit out the coffee on reading that one.

babies teach us acceptance

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

shwagirl-haaaaaa like winning the lottery .You are so right i had such a high getting cheap strawberries and cherries.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information