Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1140Likes

Thread: 2024 February Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Round 2 of shopping done.

Wal-mart (6 x Special K cereal for DS $2 each after sale/coupon) 5pk avocados/cucumber/Ranch dressing /4pk bagels clearance .94
    No Frills- 4 boxes of Triscuit crackers (put one in cupboard and hid the other 3- If you have teenagers you know) 4 x VH sauce $1.27 after PM/coupon (2 Plum 2 Soya sauce for fried rice) English muffins, Rye bread, hamburger buns
    Dollarama- Hair ties (they are called headband wraps but I have thick long hair and I like them for putting my hair in a bun) Special K granola bars/Pepperidge Farm cookies and a Skor/Almond bar to tuck away for that time of the month later on lol

I am shopped out. We have all the stuff needed to make good meals at home!

@Frugalbigmama if you don’t mind me asking where did you find the VH coupon. Would love to find some. TIA
    harbie and barbis9 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Got something done so that is better than nothing.

I made a batch of Blueberry Muffins for a quick breakfast if needed this week.

Washed all the produced, Romaine is packaged, some of the cucumbers are packaged some are chopped for quick sides. Made a Cucumber, Peppers, Bocconcini Balsamic Salad. Cut up some Broccoli Crowns so I can just dump and cook.

I had planned to chopped the veggies to make Egg Roll in a bowl one night this week but it did not happen.

Cleaned out the fridge, I do not know why I thought we would have more food waste this week than we did, I mean I am happy just surprised. We had some leftovers Mom picked at and some Passata that did not get used, I have to stay on top of this when we open a bottle.

Garbage and recycling were taken out.

Dinner was Steak Sandwiches with Homemade Potato Wedges and some of my Salad.

Still have cleaning to get done but I am hoping if I clean for 15 minutes a night I can get it all knocked out.
    harbie, walkonby and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Rescued 2x bags of pistachios and 6x cans of soup and chili from the dump.
    harbie and barbis9 like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Frugalbigmama if you don’t mind me asking where did you find the VH coupon. Would love to find some. TIA
    I think it was Walmart. Its attached to a $1 off rice coupon.
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! We have a blanket of snow covering the ground. I really need to look at the weather app and see what the plan is for this week.

Dinner last night was burgers and sliced cucumber on the side. Simple! Will keep the patties I made in the fridge till tomorrow and then put in the freezer.

Tonight we will have roasted chicken with roasted red potatoes, brocoli and cauliflower. Will get it already this morning so I can pop in the oven this afternoon.

Tomorrow will make a pot of rice to go with the leftover chicken, veggies for Tuesday's dinner.

Went to bed early last night but feeling tired today. Think I just need some fresh air. Will go for a walk this morning to wake up.

Have a great day!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early and trying to get all of the things done.

I think I have the workflow done for today's meeting, just need to give it one last read over before I send it out.

I had such a chill this morning and I could not shake it so once I had the first draft done I went and took a nice hot shower.

I feel like this week is going to be one of those weeks where a million things are going on. There is a lot of things going on at work, I really need to go to Costco, we do not need a lot but there are comments on the things we do need, I thought I had everything Mom needed to stuff her freezer but now she mentioned she needs some more shopping done, I have cleaning to get done. Deep breathes, I have this, I can do this.

I might check the prices and see if I can pick up a few of the Costco things locally, I know I might spend a little bit more which I do not like, but it might be worth my sanity.

Happy Monday Everyone.
    harbie, coupon girl and walkonby like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner cooked. Kitchen is clean.

Normally I don't like cooking whole chickens (just find we waste lots of meat with the bones etc) but this one was really good and was easy to clean.
    Containers in fridge to heat and eat later. (DS and I had some for lunch since he is home today as well).

I went to the town to pay the water and sewer bill in cash. Transferred the $ from my "utilities" account to my checking account to decide where the $ goes now.

They had calendars on the counter so I took one. I am going to use it as my Bills Paid tracking. Then I can just look quickly and see what was paid when etc.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Evening i have been dealing with an aching tooth today ,i feel one part of it is loose -oh no.I called the dentist and i am going tuesday morning .

I am hoping it is just a filling ,but i feel it may be more .At least we have some coverage .

I watched the girls tonight til 5.45 but i was on the couch a bit ,they were so good til my son came in .Hubby will go and watch them on tuesday for me.
    harbie, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I think it was Walmart. Its attached to a $1 off rice coupon.
    Thank you @Frugalbigmama will have to keep my eyes open for the VH sauce coupon

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Looks like it tried to snow again overnight. Not much but looks cold out. Days like this I appreciate not having to go anywhere early in the morning.

Made my coffee. Dealt with emails and all the requests. Now to work on my last year end report.

Will sort and start some laundry today. We have 0 clean towels. Sometimes not a bad thing as it makes DS use the ones in his room he should be using more then once. Need to go to the bank and put $ in my US account too. And then I guess take out the US while I am there since vacation is in 25 days I think it is

Enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I had a meeting in the office yesterday, and all went well, we have a plan and hopefully, I will type up this workflow for the last time and save my sanity.

I did some online research before I went out to see if I could pick up some of our Costco Staples locally at a reasonable price so I could try to put off Costco for another week. I was just spinning yesterday looking at all my work stuff, and house stuff and then the thought of trying to get to Costco since they are calling for snow the later part of the week would mean I needed to try to get there early in the week.

I was surprised/lucked out that the main things I was looking for between Walmart and Food Basics I could find them on sale or close to Costco's price.

At Walmart, I got:
    1 x Caesar Dressing $7.47 - $0.08 more than Costco
    2 x Naan 5-pack on Sale for $1.97 (works out close to Costco's price)
    Then because I was there:
    Oil of Olay (Mom needed more and Wal-Mart has the best price)
    Green Onions $1.27
    2 x Palmolive Dish Soap $1.97
    4 x Cream of Mushroom Soup $0.77
    1 x Buns 6-pack $3.97 (Mom asked for this style of Bun for something for her Breakfasts)

Food Basics, I got:
    4 x Whipping Cream $2.99 (Slightly cheaper than Costco, but hard price to find)
    1 x Bananas
    1 x Smartfood Cheddar Popcorn $3 (Mom has been asking for Popcorn and it was on sale)
    2 x Crispy Mini - Butter Popcorn $2.25 (I forgot how much I like these, I grabbed a bag a couple of weeks ago at No Frills, yum)
    1 x Grapes $1.88/lb

Did not get the small shopping week I was hoping for but we are still well within budget and means if I need to, I can hold off Costco for another week. Which equals one less thing on my to-do which is what I need right now. Because this morning I started with a plan, I knew what I needed to get out today and just now at 11 am, am I getting started because I got pulled into other things. But, the other things all needed to be done.

Happy Tuesday.
    harbie, coupon girl and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to the mailbox and decided to go for a walk. It started hailing and then heavy snow and then ended by the time I was back home.
    A&W coupons in the mailbox. Told my friend to grab hers and we can try the $1.99 Latte

Kitchen is clean. Laundry is sorted but not started yet. Waiting for my Purolator delivery and then I will have a shower. Then I can put a load of laundry in the washer and add what I am wearing now

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,
    I had a meeting in the office yesterday, and all went well, we have a plan and hopefully, I will type up this workflow for the last time and save my sanity.

I did some online research before I went out to see if I could pick up some of our Costco Staples locally at a reasonable price so I could try to put off Costco for another week. I was just spinning yesterday looking at all my work stuff, and house stuff and then the thought of trying to get to Costco since they are calling for snow the later part of the week would mean I needed to try to get there early in the week.

I was surprised/lucked out that the main things I was looking for between Walmart and Food Basics I could find them on sale or close to Costco's price.

At Walmart, I got:
    1 x Caesar Dressing $7.47 - $0.08 more than Costco
    2 x Naan 5-pack on Sale for $1.97 (works out close to Costco's price)
    Oil of Olay (Mom needed more and Wal-Mart has the best price)
    Green Onions $1.27
    2 x Palmolive Dish Soap $1.97
    4 x Cream of Mushroom Soup $0.77
    1 x Buns 6-pack $3.97 (Mom asked for this style of Bun for something for her Breakfasts)

Food Basics, I got:
    4 x Whipping Cream $2.99 (Slightly cheaper than Costco, but hard price to find)
    1 x Bananas
    1 x Smartfood Cheddar Popcorn $3 (Mom has been asking for Popcorn and it was on sale)
    2 x Crispy Mini - Butter Popcorn $2.25 (I forgot how much I like these, I grabbed a bag a couple of weeks ago at No Frills, yum)
    1 x Grapes $1.88/lb

Did not get the small shopping week I was hoping for but we are still well within budget and means if I need to, I can hold off Costco for another week. Which equals one less thing on my to-do which is what I need right now. Because this morning I started with a plan, I knew what I needed to get out today and just now at 11 am, am I getting started because I got pulled into other things. But, the other things all needed to be done.

Happy Tuesday.
    Thanks SassyAshley! Found a few bottles of pizza sauce and wanted to grab Naan bread for DS to make pizzas. Will grab some tonight and make him some bacon and then he can make pizzas
    harbie and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Came back from the dentist ,well had my tooth pulled it was cracked right down the centre ,so an implant will be made .That is why i have been saving the past few months ,cause you never know what will come up in life.This tooth had a silver filling from years ago ,so i guess when you get up there in age it can happen .

I go back in 2 weeks to get the stitches removed .I stopped into walmart to get their brand of meal replacement 9.97 i just had one .Also looked at clearance got premium crackers for 2.00 box was dented in one corner and i got a few more campbells soup for .77
    harbie, barbis9, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    looked at clearance got premium crackers for 2.00 box was dented in one corner
    Reminds me of a story Walmart staff told me. WM used to sell damaged product such as toilet paper if the plastic wrapping was punctured. They discontinued that practice when they discovered that some people were actually deliberately damaging the wrap in hopes of purchasing the product at a lower price.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information