User Tag List

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: Have you ever suffered from depression?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Thanks all. She is doing fine. Trying to keep to a routine so things are normalized for her. Initially she was embarrassed that some of her friends found out but they came and spent the evening with her and together made her feel worthy.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've PM'd you....I'm so sorry your Daughter and your family are going through this...
    momof3heathens likes this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

It's been getting worse and worse over the past month or so... I'm considering asking my family doctor for some medication but I've heard such awful things about anti-depressants My Mom took them and said they made her feel numb- I don't want that, I just want to feel... better! I just want to be able to make it through the day without bawling.

I'm not even going through anything that bad compared to others... all I know is that I'm tired of it. I never get to take time to deal with what I'm going through and it just keeps piling up. I can't take time off work because A- they would kill me and B- I can't afford it.

How do you deal with depression?? Because I'm not dealing very well
    hollyquaiscer and dededi like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I'll pm u later once I gather my thoughts. ok?
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm taking an anti depressant for OCD and do not experience a numbness. Psychiatric medicine is different for everyone. It's always a good idea to keep an open mind and give your Doc a chance.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    It's been getting worse and worse over the past month or so... I'm considering asking my family doctor for some medication but I've heard such awful things about anti-depressants My Mom took them and said they made her feel numb- I don't want that, I just want to feel... better! I just want to be able to make it through the day without bawling.

I'm not even going through anything that bad compared to others... all I know is that I'm tired of it. I never get to take time to deal with what I'm going through and it just keeps piling up. I can't take time off work because A- they would kill me and B- I can't afford it.

How do you deal with depression?? Because I'm not dealing very well

Hi There! I hope you feel better after getting that off your chest.Know that you are not alone,that there are others here, myself included that also deal with depression on a daily basis.
    The changing of the seasons often triggers feelings of depression, so perhaps that is why it is getting worse for you.However you should see your Doctor since you don't feel like you're not dealing very well with it.
    As someone has already said "psychiatric medicine is different for everyone" and it is true.Your Doctor will work with you to find something that does the job with hopefully few side effects.There are many drugs out there so don't despair,you will find one and feel better.
    Take it all just one day at a time,hour or minute whatever you need to do.Above all remember there is hope!
    Feel free to post/PM anytime.
    May you know much grace,peace and comfort.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Thank you all for your kind responses I know that the changing of the seasons is having a lot to do with it. And a lot of things happened all at once- a break up, moving back into my parents house, changes at work, etc.

I'm going to call and make a Dr.'s appointment this week, I think it's time.
    Skippy, walkonby, dededi and 1 others like this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Today is difficult,seven years since my sister's untimely death.However,this too shall pass.
    Always remember the What are you thankful for today? thread as there always is something to be thankful for.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Today is difficult,seven years since my sister's untimely death.However,this too shall pass.
    Thinking of you today, Skippy
    Skippy, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    My prayers are with you Skippy.
    Skippy, ROMEO and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Anyone with experience using cymbalta? My son was prescribed it today. $140 month out of pocket. Ugh but he's at the point of desperation.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    Anyone with experience using cymbalta? My son was prescribed it today. $140 month out of pocket. Ugh but he's at the point of desperation.

Sorry I missed this earlier.I believe I tried it before and it helped.I hope it has helped him too and pray he is feeling better now.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Would you tell a person's psychiatrist the real underlying issue that torments that person especially if the dr asked about it and he/she lied and said it wasn't an issue?

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    Would you tell a person's psychiatrist the real underlying issue that torments that person especially if the dr asked about it and he/she lied and said it wasn't an issue?
    Depends who the person is. If it's your child, then yes.

Re Cymbalta is a pretty common drug to be prescribed for depression. Needs to be taken for a few weeks until you start noticing changes in your energy and mood

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ive been unemployed for over a year and right now we are in the dead of winter where my SAD is hurting..I just feel pathetic
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread Information