User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: When did you switch to size 4 diapers for your LO?

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

My little girl is 7 months old and 18 lbs. She is using size 3 diapers right now. I find that both Pampers and Huggies can't contain her big poops and wonder if she needs to use size 4 instead?

Size 4 starts at 22 lbs and goes up to 28lbs.

When did you switch your LO to size 4 diapers? At what weight?
    This thread is currently associated with: Huggies, Pampers

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Yes. When the poop starts coming up the back, it's time to go up a size! I think DS 1 was about 6 months when I put him in size 4. He was 21 1/2 pounds at the beginning of that month. My just-turned 4-month old DS 2 has been in size 3 diapers for the last month. He's now 20 lbs, so I may actually end up with leftover size 3 diapers! (I have about an 8-10 week supply in size 3 right now) I think it depends on the baby's shape, as some babies are in size 3 for a long time. DS 1 was in size 4 for six months before the poop explosions drove me to the size 5 diapers! With DS1, Huggies couldn't contain anything, but they've been fine for DS 2. Shape is important. You could also try size 3 Cruisers, as they fit about a half size larger than the Baby Dry.

*sigh* What really is going to bother me is buying a new carseat. I'll probably need one by the end of the month, as he only has two pounds left before he hits the weight limit of his infant seat.
    Last edited by Minou; Thu, Apr 5th, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
    cakebakingmama likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    375 (100%)

We switched our daughter at 8.5 months to Size 4 at around 18lbs as well. I never went by the weight on the packages

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Thanks for the detailed feedback!! I have quite a stockpile of size 3 diapers but luckily most of them are cruisers and huggies little movers (which I haven't tried yet, I'm finishing up the baby dry and little snugglers first).

I really hope the poop explosions stop when I change diapers--I even dream about them!!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minou View Post
    *sigh* What really is going to bother me is buying a new carseat. I'll probably need one by the end of the month, as he only has two pounds left before he hits the weight limit of his infant seat.
    Yeah that's a big expense. I'm going to need 2 carseats, one for my husband's car and one for mine so that he can drop her off at daycare and I can pick her up. Luckily, we scored one at Zeller's during the 50% off coupon fiasco.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I find also that Walmart is very good about switching sizes, even if you don't have a receipt. When my LO went into a size 5 at 9 months I had a few bags of 3 and a lot of 4's left over. I just exchanged a bag every time I went.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by robin1234s View Post
    Yeah that's a big expense. I'm going to need 2 carseats, one for my husband's car and one for mine so that he can drop her off at daycare and I can pick her up. Luckily, we scored one at Zeller's during the 50% off coupon fiasco.
    Two carseats here, too. It's not the expense that gets me, though (I'd have to buy them eventually anyway) -- it's the fact that I'll have a baby who won't be big enough to sit up in a cart by himself AND won't have an infant seat that he can ride in. Trying to grocery shop with a stroller, a basket, and a 3-year old won't be fun!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Two carseats here, too. It's not the expense that gets me, though (I'd have to buy them eventually anyway) -- it's the fact that I'll have a baby who won't be big enough to sit up in a cart by himself AND won't have an infant seat that he can ride in. Trying to grocery shop with a stroller, a basket, and a 3-year old won't be fun!
    Ouch!

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Yikes!
    That will be a challenge!

jnazurk
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Not sure why these two posts are intertwining.

Anyway. My DD is in fours now and has been since about 10 months. I haven't had any poop explosions, but I find I like the fit better with the next size up when she gets close to the next size up (I find the diaper is easier to put on her).

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

DD is one in 2 weeks, and I just moved her up to size 4.
    gone shopping!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

age doesnt matter. just size. my son juuust turned two and is in size 6. and nowhere near ready to potty train. if he grows anymore hes out of sizes! he isnt chubby but built like a linebacker
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i think ds was around 1 when we put him into size 4 and he wore size 4 for around 2 years. he can still fit a size 4 diaper but we switched to the pampers easy ups and they were digging into his legs so hes in a size 5 easy up now. (he can fit a size 4 pull up but i prefer the pampers brand and like the pampers point program better than huggies).
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    age doesnt matter. just size. my son juuust turned two and is in size 6. and nowhere near ready to potty train. if he grows anymore hes out of sizes! he isnt chubby but built like a linebacker
    Almost three years ago, I remember seeing mega packs of size 7 Pampers diapers at London Drugs. I remember seeing a woman with a fairly young baby girl stacking for several packages of them because they were the only larger-size pampers left on the shelf that day. I wondered how she knew she would need to use them! My son got into size 6 diapers too, but then he lost his baby chubbiness and was actually able to wear size 5 in Pampers again!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We put my DS in size 4 around 13 months, my SIL has put her DS in size 4 at 8 months. I think that it depends on the fit of the diaper on the child. Each child is very different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information