User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Disgusting customer WANTS cashier to get in trouble!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Expired
    My mom is a cashier. She just told me about an encounter the other day. Guy comes to the cash with two of the same shirt in different colours. They scan different prices. He says he doesn't like that and wants the manager. Manager calls and mom explains the situation. Manager says the sticker prices are the clearance sticker prices and are correct and she cannot change them.

Mom tells customer this. He keeps insisting she should change the price, even though she was just specifically told not to. She finally says "listen, if I change the price, security is always watching and they will come and we will both be in trouble."

Customer says "I won't be in trouble. Just you, because you would be the one who changed the price."

Do you believe that
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    sharkie likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Some people have no morals. That's disgusting.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

GRRR .. I just hate ppl that are dishonest !! and worst he dare to say SHE WILL GET IN TROUBLE !!! good for your mom to stand her ground and say NO !
    DiamondLil and torontogal12 like this.
    Happy Shopping !!

Trading Score
    424 (100%)

What a Jerk!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

what a loser! tell your mom just to ignore stupid people like that!
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How can the same shirt (diff. colours) scan for different prices? It's like going to the convenience store and there's different prices for different coloured 75 cent freezies!!!!

Not the cashier fault, but the store should really have changed the price. I don't blame the customer at all. I would of said the same thing.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Priceisright View Post
    How can the same shirt (diff. colours) scan for different prices? It's like going to the convenience store and there's different prices for different coloured 75 cent freezies!!!!

Not the cashier fault, but the store should really have changed the price. I don't blame the customer at all. I would of said the same thing.
    Lots of items that look similar are different prices in the store.
    Searching the archives will likely turn up several discussions about this.
    There are many reasons for this price difference.

Some are:
    - special purchase from supplier/distributor ( ie sell 1-2 colours/ flavours only at cheaper price)
    - store clearance ( a certain colour or flavour is not moving, so reduce the price)
    - end of lines ( a certain product is offered in limited colours/flavours at a special price because they are no longer manufacturing it)
    - overstock ( too much of a certain colour/flavour and a need to reduce inventory)
    - seasonal change and need to reduce the square footage of specific display area and select which items will go.
    Last edited by greencanuck; Mon, May 14th, 2012 at 02:58 PM.
    TRADING COUPONS: FOOD, DENTAL, SOAP / BODY WASH/DEODORANT, SPECIAL CREAMS, MAKEUP, HEALTH, AIR FRESHNERS, HAIRCOLOUR, CLEANING, HAIRCARE/ SHAMPOO, DIAPERS, SHAVING, PET, MEDICINE,LAUNDRY, STORES, LONDON BUSINESSES, FAST FOOD, BATTERYPRODUCTS, CHILDREN FOOD and TOY, SMOKING CESSATION and lots more ​!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Priceisright View Post

There could be too much of the one shirt they could be selling it at a lower price to help sell it quicker.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    My mom is a cashier. She just told me about an encounter the other day. Guy comes to the cash with two of the same shirt in different colours. They scan different prices. He says he doesn't like that and wants the manager. Manager calls and mom explains the situation. Manager says the sticker prices are the clearance sticker prices and are correct and she cannot change them.

Mom tells customer this. He keeps insisting she should change the price, even though she was just specifically told not to. She finally says "listen, if I change the price, security is always watching and they will come and we will both be in trouble."

Customer says "I won't be in trouble. Just you, because you would be the one who changed the price."

Do you believe that
    That customer what scum.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

what a Special Snowflake, he is.....

Sorry your mother had to deal with some-one like that.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Junior Canuck couponlovingcanuck's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

OMG how horrible! I read yesterday about the quick change scam and now this....do people not care about how the cashier could loose their jobs or get in trouble just so they could get their sale price or how 20 bucks "scammed" back (whatever amount)!! Grrr.. this makes me so upset!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There are many reason why some things are priced the way they are. Sometimes it's a honest mistake and if you take it up with a supervisor, they will change the price. I've done this at Winners, for example. Act like a jackar$e and no one will help you...human nature and all.

Quite frankly, I've seen this type of behaviour on this forum...of people who think the customer is always right.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

After 8 years of working as a cashier at Loblaws, I can believe it. Price differences between almost identical items can be annoying, but it happens, for many of the reasons greencanuck offered. I've been yelled at and berated because another store has something on clearance, they come to mine to get more and find out it isn't on clearance here (again, overstock issues). Customers can be the worst sometimes.

I was a cashier very briefly at CT last year, someone was unhappy with the price of a product (at first I thought it was a price error), no he wanted me to just change it. I told him he could take it or leave, but I wasn't changing the price. Who do these people think they are?
    DiamondLil, DaveP, xox2010 and 1 others like this.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

mom even gets people trying to bargain her down like she's the store owner and can negotiate prices.

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    After 8 years of working as a cashier at Loblaws, I can believe it. Price differences between almost identical items can be annoying, but it happens, for many of the reasons greencanuck offered. I've been yelled at and berated because another store has something on clearance, they come to mine to get more and find out it isn't on clearance here (again, overstock issues). Customers can be the worst sometimes.

I was a cashier very briefly at CT last year, someone was unhappy with the price of a product (at first I thought it was a price error), no he wanted me to just change it. I told him he could take it or leave, but I wasn't changing the price. Who do these people think they are?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

the guy is such a loser....
    torontogal12 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information