User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: what kind of man leaves a woman and two little girls with nothing?

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

Seriously...the more I think about it the more pissed off I get!!
    He took the rent money...he ran out on a phone bill and hydro bill......Im still on maternity leave and we were barely getting by with his income and mine... now I have nothing!! and am in danger of having my hydro turned off!! Does he care? no!! does he offer help with the bills? no!!! did he forget about the two little girls living here? i guess he did!!!
    my stock pile (whats left of it) will have to get us by...thank goodness I dont need any toilet paper, diapers or formula soon!
    I just cant get over it! I would NEVER do that to my kids!
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by misstarbender; Thu, May 31st, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

wow. this is a biggy. i am so sorry you are going through this. but you will triumph over it.

i won't go into detail, but my story is similar. that was so long ago. and i did get through it. and thank god i had food storage. it saved us. keep up being a mom. thats all you can do. pour yourself into being the best mom you can. it will make you feel good. and accept help from whomever will give it. take your breaks when you can and allow yourself to go insane sometimes!

your human. and so is he. but your a better human. *hugs*
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

<3 LD <3
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

that is terrible but you will make it through, don't feel embarassed to use services like the food bank (I grew up on that) and also the YMCA will be very supportive! Be strong!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

oh wow! that's just terrible. Absolutly no excuse to leave a women and children this way.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

he is not a "man" but a "boy"---best of luck and stay strong

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow what the heck! Make sure you are getting every cent of child support from him!
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Oh, humans just plain suck sometimes. *e-hugs* and hopefully things will get better soon.
    saveadollardiva likes this.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'd love to say that your ex was the only bad boy like that but sadly he isn't...I seriously wouldn't hold out the hope of getting any child support from him.

{{{{HUGS}}}} again to you and your girls. Remember , you have your family and friends and all of us here cheering you on ...

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Question: What kind of man leaves a woman and two little girls with nothing?

Answer: A COWARD.

It sounds like an awful place to be in hun, but you're better off without that one.

Have faith. You WILL get through this and you will be the stronger and better person for it.

*hugs*
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

misstarbender: you are a very strong woman and you will be a great mom, you will get through this if your family and friends what to help you and your girls let them and tell them how greatful you are when family and friends help and love to do it for you and your girls.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your situation. One of the first things i would do is call the utility company and explain your situation. They are very willing to accept small payments to avoid your hydro being cut off as long as you are making an effort. But most people just ignore the bills or warnings and don't try and work with the company. Also go to your local Inn of the good shepard / salvation army ect because many offer utility and rent assistance for this type of situation. And lastly you should go to the court house and talk to duty counsel. They will be able to talk to you for free about child custody and support and other issues you might have. They will direct you to your options with legal aid and other programs. Don't wait on things like this! Good luck

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well all I have to say is a real man doesn't run away from his family and leave them with nothing! I am sorry your going through this! I agree, I would call your billing companies and explain the situation. I think hyro can not turn you off if you have children living in the home. I would also talk to your lawyer or rep as to what he did. I am sure there is something that can be gone. Also, talk to your landlord about the rent, tell the situation and see if they will give you more time. BE Strong!
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Mon, Jun 4th, 2012 at 09:29 AM.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Hi,
    We are here. We are not going to leave.
    You are the responsible, kind loving parent.

First things first:
    While it is hard and it can feel terrible,

- Call up the foodbank. You need to do this as quickly as possible.
    They generally will only give you something (about $100 worth of food) once a month. Its not enough so thats why I say register as soon as possible.
    *if you have a pet, tell them. They have pet food too).

- Get hold of the foodbox. They will bring you buy a little something or other to help.

- Contact rental assistance. It can take months to get on this, so the sooner the better. The good thing about it though, is that you will recieve a check with the full funding from the months you have been waiting for it. A friend of mine was on this and it took a year for it to click in. So the first check she recieved $700 x 13. (different funding for different rent $$) my friend's rent was $800 so she was paying $100.00 per month.

- The best kept secret for paying off bills is that they will forgive their increase that they charge every month to motivate you to pay them. (write them a letter req forgiveness for this. Also write a seperate letter in a seperate envelope req that part of your bill be forgiven.) Sometimes this will work, sometimes it won't - Again a friend of mine told me about this.

- Contact your local assistance places they may provide you with help of other sorts. (such as free childcare etc; while you look for work)

ASK ASK ASK!
    Jezebel, Natalka, Insane and 13 others like this.
    I've set up 3 trains.Still loading. If you are interested,links are on my userpage.
    No, this isn't your coffee, I had a two for one coupon!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I don't really have anything nice to say -- so I wont say anything at all about him.
    Someone I know has gone through this recently & it looks like all the support and help that family, friends & the church provided is finally paying off and she's doing fabulous. It might take time, but you can do it.
    I am local so please PM me if there is something specific I can try and help you out with. I am on mat leave right now, but if I have anything more/extra I would be happy to help where I can.
    Zia_Stephie really wants you as my swagbucks referral...PM me and I'll send you the link. Thanks!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

what a turd! and thats being really kind. i can't contribute much else as i think everyones got really good advice for you. hang in there!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information