User Tag List

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree687Likes

Thread: Luka Magnotta Dismemberment Case

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cookoo View Post
    when i first watched the vid i didn't dare to turn the audio on, and the visuals still looked very creepy. after i researched and gained more insight, i watched it again with audio on, it's not scary anymore -- just a love/hate thing with a tragic twist.
    you watched it again??...... hmmm maybe, i'll do the same this time with the audio on and full screen
    i do love the song "true faith" by new order playing in the background.

for different reasons i guess. most treated it as another scary movie or snuff film. some were curious.
    for me it was sheer curiousity.... while watching it, i treated it as a scary movie and still do

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The many sides of Montreal murder victim Lin Jun (should be Jun Lin, Lin being the Family name, Jun is the given name meaning "handsome")

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle4226195/

i like how the media portray him as a hard-working innocent international chinese student
    he's 33 years old for chrissake! a full grown gay man and a narcissist as well
    good investigative reporting - cookoo

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So very happy to know he has been caught. arrested, put in a Berlin jail, awaiting court tomorrow.
    Thank goodness someone in the internet cafe recognized him.
    DiamondLil, TaraF and DaveP like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    you watched it again??......
    with a lot of hesitation. the second viewing with the sound on confirmed my initial speculations. it helped me gain more insight into magnotta's criminal mind.

maybe, i'll do the same this time with the audio on and full screen
    i wouldn't try the full screen, too much.
    time to move on to more positive things, i'm sure jun lin would have liked to be remembered as that wide-eyed young man with sunny smiles.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i like how the media portray him as a hard-working innocent international chinese student
    i know, there're reports saying he's an exchange student from china, also reports saying he's a chinese citizen with canadian permanent resident status. some say he's a graduate student at concordia, and some say he's an undergraduate. no truthful and objective news these days.
    frugal50 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Magnotta was caught in Berlin.Hopefully he will back in Canada to stand trial and be locked up forever.
    TaraF likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

you are so judgementa! not only on this post but other posts as well!
    I bet you secretly watched the video too.
    we can choose what we want to watch, stop passing judgement.
    She did not come across as being judgemental to me. She just said she did not understand why people would watch.

Speaking of passing judgement, I'm with Dave P and waiting to know what you meant by "trailor park" type of family.
    Last edited by Jina; Mon, Jun 4th, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
    anisa, gracesmommy, DaveP and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Magnotta was caught in Berlin.Hopefully he will back in Canada to stand trial and be locked up forever.
    This is the time I wish we had the death penalty in Canada. It's a clear case with proper evidence to make sure he's the one that did it and no room for error to say "It may not have been him".
    DiamondLil and DaveP like this.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

frugal, come on. i did not watch it, i don't feel that there's a need. im allowed my opinion just as much as yours. my point was only that this was a human life, with famiy memebers and friends.. not a scary movie.
    Last edited by gracesmommy; Mon, Jun 4th, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
    anisa, abbasgirl, Jina and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    even if he's found guilty of first-degree murder, he might be out in 25 years. canadian punishment oughta be more harsh. how about 3 life sentences served consecutively without the possibility of parole? i would have favored capital punishment, but there're a lot of people against it, so i don't think that one's coming back.
    frugal50 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gracesmommy View Post
    i can't for the life of me understand why people are activley searching for this video and wanting to view it. it's horrific. a human being lost their life and was then cut up. why on earth would anyone need to see that?? are the details in the news not enough? a family lost a loved one and not only have to deal with that grief but that there are individuals wanting to watch it happen. this just makes my stomach turn.
    It's morbid curiosity and many people are curious. I know it sounds weird. I love to look at post-mortem photography from the Victorian Era (where families would pose with the dead bodies as if they were still alive). Many people would think I am weird for it, but there is a large subculture that finds it interesting.

I have seen a lot of morbid things, and the video was very morbid. I wouldn't watch it a second time, hell.. I only watched two minutes of it before I turned it off. It can make even the strongest of people become depressed.

It's kind of like when there is an accident on the highway. Everyone slows down on both sides of the highway, only because they are curious and are wanting to see if there is a body on the ground or someone is dead.
    Last edited by Snow Queen; Mon, Jun 4th, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

How does being 33, gay, and narcissistic (if he even was, I personally don't know him and would only have the pictures to judge...) exclude him from being innocent and hardworking?
    anisa, Jina, TaraF and 5 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What's your point? A 33 year old can't be a hardworking student? And what does his sexual orientation have to do with being hard-working and innocent? You need to be more clear about what you are saying.
    Everytime you like my post I give the dog in my display picture a big *KISS!*

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

even if he's found guilty of first-degree murder, he might be out in 25 years. canadian punishment oughta be more harsh. how about 3 life sentences served consecutively without the possibility of parole? i would have favored capital punishment, but there're a lot of people against it, so i don't think that one's coming back.
    He can be declared a dangerous offender then kept in jail in definitely like Paul Bernardo.
    anisa, DiamondLil, TaraF and 4 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
    It's kind of like when there is an accident on the highway. Everyone slows down on both sides of the highway, only because they are curious and are wanting to see if there is a body on the ground or someone is dead.
    I don't understand that either. I totally don't get how the remote possibility of seeing a dead body is more important than seeing your family a few minutes earlier or hours earlier. People do dangerous things on the road all the time, but they'll slow down to look at someone changing a tire or feel that a picture of an accident belongs on their twitter. If it were me, I'd rather people get out to help than take a picture and drive away.

Reminds me a bit of that Seinfeld season finale, where they were all arrested for capturing a robbery on film and not helping the victim.

There are about a billion things I'd like to see in this world and a dead body is nowhere on the list.

That said, a terrible crime has been committed, the murderer caught. It's a horrible tragedy for the victim and his family. I'm glad it's all over and I hope we can all move on rather than give this individual more fame than he deserves.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information